Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
Ruthann:
yesterday I had the following:
BF: Tomato Soup
Lunch: Peach and mango shake , lettuce,cucumbers
Snack:Garlic chips
Dinner: 4 whole eggs and 2 egg whites, lettuce,cucumbers

When you wanted me to re-evaluate what I was eating, I found that the first week I ate nothing but eggs and lost 7 lbs but when I ate chicken the second and third weeks nothing much happened. Also I noticed that my husband has been marinating the chicken with Tandoori masala and there are carbs in the ingredients. Could this be a problem? I have never tried anything else other than eggs and chicken as I don't like meat much. May be I should try doing the eggs this whole week.
Are you eating 2 cups of cucumbers at a time? And are you getting your oil in? The oil is really important, you need the healthy fats to keep your body going and some people find cutting out all the fat actually slows down the weight loss.

And yes, the masala may be a problem if it has carbs in it. Anything that's not on the P1 sheet should be 0 carbs/0 fat/0 sugar. That includes condiments, marinades, etc.

Finally, I don't put much faith in those scales. They measure everything that is not fat as lean body mass and that includes skin, organs, blood, water, etc., etc. So take that reading with a grain of salt.
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:07 PM   #17  

I don't like lot of vegetables so I am trying to roast them and experimenting. While i do that I am taking 2 cups cucumbers for lunch and 2 cups cucumbers for dinner.

I take oil with my eggs but with chicken wings I didn't take any oil as I grill them.

I will cut down the masalas and probably go back to eating eggs this week.
And as I am typing this I have to go visit a friend this evening and probably end up eating chicken salad. I am praying that they don't give me carb marinated chicken.
hope2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:29 PM   #18  
Started IP: 4/4/2014

S/C/G: 154/See Ticker/125

Height: 5'0''

Keep at it for another two weeks. Your body will release some of it for sure. I am concerned as I'm now under the 20 lb mark that my loss will dwindle or stall. 20 lbs is a lot on my petite frame, and I'm still on the upper edge of an overweight BMI.

My second week had a 0.7 loss, but I did loose inches. Today was a 2 lb loss.

Please send an update after your next WI!
Chrztina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 04:58 PM   #19  

Sure I will. I feel so much better after reading all your posts. This site is really great. Thanks for the support
hope2781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:10 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 167/157/115

Height: 5'0

I'm feeling the same way. But I have been working out for 3 months with diet and exercise 5/6 days a week and have only lost 10lbs. I do weight train could that be why my scale isn't moving so fast? I would love some advise
Anastasia84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 05:23 PM   #21  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
You might try changing up your eggs and chicken for dinner with lean ground beef or a steak or turkey - something a little higher fat. Sometimes it helps to change things up some, keep your body guessing.

And with 12 pounds to go, you may be a little slower than someone who has a lot more to lose. The last pounds can be really stubborn.

Hang in there, it will come off!
This is just what I was thinking...vary your protein sources! You are sticking to very lean proteins. Give some steak a shot every now and then! I hope that will help.

P.S.- Your losses are right on average so far! Way to go!
ReenHag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 08:24 PM   #22  
IP Feb 2014, P4 Oct 15/14

S/C/G: 249/155/160

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hope2781 View Post
I don't like lot of vegetables so I am trying to roast them and experimenting. While i do that I am taking 2 cups cucumbers for lunch and 2 cups cucumbers for dinner.

I take oil with my eggs but with chicken wings I didn't take any oil as I grill them.

I will cut down the masalas and probably go back to eating eggs this week.
And as I am typing this I have to go visit a friend this evening and probably end up eating chicken salad. I am praying that they don't give me carb marinated chicken.
The daily required oil shouldn't be used for cooking. You need to have it in its raw state to get the benefits.
ChipnDip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:02 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 292/278.9/170

Height: 5 feet 7 inches

Just think that within 3 weeks you lost 2/5 of your goal!! It's a huge accomplishment keep going!
Cath138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2014, 10:04 PM   #24  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anastasia84 View Post
I'm feeling the same way. But I have been working out for 3 months with diet and exercise 5/6 days a week and have only lost 10lbs. I do weight train could that be why my scale isn't moving so fast? I would love some advise
Are you adding an extra packet or protein after your workouts?
Ruth Ann is offline   Reply With Quote