Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 01:39 AM   #1  

Arrow IP daily chat Monday 7/28/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

Recipes Here
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4 -current thread open for posting
Recipe thread #3
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2

For those looking for alternative products
Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 07-28-2014, 08:04 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 240.8/152.4/155

Height: 5'3"

Default Discouraged

First day back at work after a week's vacation. BOO! I am happy to say that I stayed 99.9% OP while away. There were a few things at restaurants that I am not sure were delivered exactly as ordered, but I did manage to lose .8.

I am still losing hair like crazy though and it is becoming extremely noticeable. I cringe every time I have to wash it, brush it, or style it. I REALLY do not want to phase off as I still have 36 pounds to go to reach goal. I have decided to give the Alternative Plan a try first. Not sure if the added calories/carbs and not being in ketosis will stop the hair loss. I am absolutely TERRIFIED that I will not lose any weight on the Alternative Plan or (worse!) gain some back!! Anyone have experience switching to the Alternative Plan? Did you continue to lose weight albeit more slowly?

I guess if the Alternative Plan doesn't work to slow or stop the hair loss, I will consider phasing off until the hair loss calms down, but that is so NOT what I want to do! WAAAHH!

Between the hair loss and my vacation being over, I am in a bit of a funk today!

Last edited by MarylandMom; 07-28-2014 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #3  
IP 07/18/14

S/C/G: 197/163.8/145

Height: 5'5"

MarylandMom- Have you tried taking biotin? My coach told be before I started that if I wanted to take biotin to combat the possible hair loss he encouraged it. You can get biotin at any store with vitamins. I've taken it before IP and it does wonders for my hair, skin and nails.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:31 AM   #4  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

The biotin still needs time to work and the hair loss will probably continue until you phase off. I had the same issue last time I did this. I confess this time around my heart hasn't been in this 100% due to the hair loss issue so I went super slowly this time -- not 100%-- and knock on wood, the hair loss is less of a problem right now. It's usually the 3 or 4 month mark that the hair loss is noticeable.
When you phase off your hair grows back in better than ever apparently so that gives me hope. I think trying the Alternative plan is a great idea. It just looks like a healthy way to eat in general. Your losses will be slower, but you'll still be losing (and hopefully not the hair)
From someone who has been there, I understand your feeling of "panic" but the hair loss is temporary. Let me know if the Alternative plan works if you go that way.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:05 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

It was a good week for losses for me. Down 2.2 and a 1" loss on the waist and of course, another 1" loss on the girls.

Hair loss: I am at the 4 month mark with IP. Before that I was doing very low carb Paleo for almost a year. Hair loss is definitely an issue. I started Biotin about 3 weeks ago. I haven't seen any benefit yet. Since I have naturally curly hair I thought the curls would hide the losses. But pink patches are peeking through. My stylist recommended a shorter cut which will make the curls "curlier" and maybe that will hide the scalp patches a little better. I am not going to give up when I am so close. The hair will grow back, but the fat has to go!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:19 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

OMG, I guess I need to get Biotin now. Hair loss will freak me out. Thankfully I have very thick hair, so hopefully it won't be noticeable.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:22 AM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by danijo8806 View Post
MarylandMom- Have you tried taking biotin? My coach told be before I started that if I wanted to take biotin to combat the possible hair loss he encouraged it. You can get biotin at any store with vitamins. I've taken it before IP and it does wonders for my hair, skin and nails.
I have actually been taking Biotin since I started IP. Obviously it hasn't helped!
The hair loss started right around the 3-month mark and has continued to get worse the past 4 weeks. It has gotten so thin that scalp is now showing through in several spots.

Not sure I can stick it out. I have 36 pounds left to go, and I am losing at an average of 2.8 pounds per week. That would mean about 13 weeks more on Phase 1. By that time (if the rate of hair loss continues), I will have nothing left. I started the Alternative Plan today. Will see if that helps slow/stop the hair loss. I just hope I continue to lose pounds as well.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:24 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy72 View Post
OMG, I guess I need to get Biotin now. Hair loss will freak me out. Thankfully I have very thick hair, so hopefully it won't be noticeable.
Biotin didn't work for me. I, too, have very thick hair, and the loss wasn't noticeable at first. However, after about a month of losing lots of hair every day, it has become noticeable. Try not to worry though...only a small percent of people experience the side effect of hair loss.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 229/211/145

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I have actually been taking Biotin since I started IP. Obviously it hasn't helped!
The hair loss started right around the 3-month mark and has continued to get worse the past 4 weeks. It has gotten so thin that scalp is now showing through in several spots.

Not sure I can stick it out. I have 36 pounds left to go, and I am losing at an average of 2.8 pounds per week. That would mean about 13 weeks more on Phase 1. By that time (if the rate of hair loss continues), I will have nothing left. I started the Alternative Plan today. Will see if that helps slow/stop the hair loss. I just hope I continue to lose pounds as well.
I can't blame you. Let us know if the alternative plan works to stop the hair loss. I have been seeing more on my brush, etc, but I am only 4 weeks into the plan, but no noticeable loss yet.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:38 AM   #10  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning everyone! Did a sneak at my old dial scale (my digital scale is still battery-less...not replacing it until I get to my maintenance goal weight and weigh daily) and I don't seem to be too much under 140. Grrrrrr. I have my official weigh-in on Wednesday. Not sure how long I sit at ALMOST 135 before I decide to go ahead and start P2. Part of me wants to be really stubborn and make sure that I "officially" hit 135....and part of me is ready to keep moving. Advice welcome!

Maryland Mom....hair loss is So hard! I haven't had a lot on IP (hoping I don't), but had it terribly after pregnancy. I never realized how vain I was about my hair until I lost more than half of it. Getting a shorter cut really can help though...and working with your stylist for the best optimal cut. I used Nioxin shampoo but not sure if it really helped out or not.

Catlady.....I have always had wavy/curly hair, but when it grew back from my serious hair loss after pregnancy, it was REALLY curly. Eeeeeeeeek! Prepare yourself! IKWYM about the "girls". I started out as a 36DD at the start of this diet and am now down to a 34C. At first it really freaked me out, but now I realize how being smaller on top not only makes clothes fit easier but it makes me look thinner. I just haven't had to think about push-up bras for a LONG time because I was always seeking push-DOWN ones, lol!

We have a beautiful week shaping up for us here in the midwest! Looking to do a lot of outdoor activities with my kiddos this week. I guess I can see how my body handles increased activity and see if that effects my weight loss.

Happy Monday!
Old 07-28-2014, 10:41 AM   #11  
Diane on track July 2014

My only "gentle reminder" is if you do decide that you can't handle the hair loss, you still need to phase off properly. Take the time to do that or you may find yourself, like me, with a full head of hair again, but a "jiggle in my wiggle" and back on IP.
Old 07-28-2014, 10:45 AM   #12  
Diane on track July 2014

evemomma -- you're inspiring us all with your success. You're right about smaller "girls". It sure helps get rid of that "tent" syndrome and you definitely look slimmer when you can buy clothes that can be a little snugger. When I had my reduction, I was amazed to see I had toes there when I looked down! LOL
I also wreck way fewer clothes as food spilled now goes in my lap, like everyone else, instead of having a stain on all my tops. TMI I know, but hey, there have to be some "perks" to ... um... smaller perks.
Old 07-28-2014, 11:10 AM   #13  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

Happy Monday everyone!! Hoping to a great week. I made some Zucchini chips over the weekend and they were so good. I'll definitely have to do those again on and off of IP!
Old 07-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #14  
Started IP 6/12/14

S/C/G: 192/138.6/132

Height: 5'3

NSV - That size 10 pencil skirt I squeezed into a week or so ago, I'm wearing again today in a different color. My coworker said, "You do look a lot smaller, your skirt is a lot looser than it has been." She didn't even know that I had gone down a size in my skirts (I've only worn that other size 10 skirt once).

I'm going take in my size 12 skirts when they get to the point that they don't stay on at all. Thankfully, I know how to sew quick and easy jobs.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:13 PM   #15  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
evemomma -- you're inspiring us all with your success. You're right about smaller "girls". It sure helps get rid of that "tent" syndrome and you definitely look slimmer when you can buy clothes that can be a little snugger. When I had my reduction, I was amazed to see I had toes there when I looked down! LOL
I also wreck way fewer clothes as food spilled now goes in my lap, like everyone else, instead of having a stain on all my tops. TMI I know, but hey, there have to be some "perks" to ... um... smaller perks.
Aww, thanks Diane! I have had to relearn how to wear shirts again! When I went to the local thrift store recently, I pulled some adorable shirts that would've work for my old shape (in a bigger size)....now they just seem puffy and swallow me up! I'm sure you had that experience after your surgery. Now I realize I can wear something that's more form fitting since I don't have the big "guns" anymore....but I also don't have a serious muffin top. And that trade-off is SOOOOOO worth it!
Closed Thread