Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2014, 09:38 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 251/208/180

Height: 5'8"

Default Maintainers P4 What are you eating today?

I've gone through pages and pages of the previous threads of what peeps are eating and it is 99% phase 1 and trust me loved them and lived in them through phase 1. But as I'm about to go into maintenance and plan my meals I would really like to know what Maintainers eat every day

Please share your daily meals ??!!!!!

I would really appreciate it!!!!!
Old 03-29-2014, 02:04 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Good information. I started P4 today. My coach will continue to see me and she recommends regular visits. Since there is no cost associated(part of the start up fee) I think it is a good idea.
Old 03-29-2014, 02:39 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 214/163/150

Height: 5'6" (a little less)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
I've gone through pages and pages of the previous threads of what peeps are eating and it is 99% phase 1 and trust me loved them and lived in them through phase 1. But as I'm about to go into maintenance and plan my meals I would really like to know what Maintainers eat every day

I appreciate the thread too, even though I'm in Phase 1, I'd love to see posts like this for ALL phases. It will come in very handy when I want to get some idea of how life will be later on!! (hopefully not too much later on). I know there is a whatcha eatin' thread already, but it's all phases all jammed together.
Old 03-29-2014, 03:07 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 163/150/132

Height: 5'8" 173 cm 57 yrs old

Quote:

Here you go KC: copied from my What are you eating today IPeeps thread posting:

Yesterday, since I have no idea what today's menu will look like:
BF: 1 HB egg
Mesa Sunrise G-free Cereal
1 med banana
1c Unswt Vanilla Almond Milk
(bf total - 349 cal, 51g carb, 11g fat, 12g protein)

L: Wendy's Full Size Asian Cashew Chicken Salad with Spicy Asian Dressing (only 380 cal, 33g carb, 13g fat, 36g protein AND SERIOUSLY YUMMY!)

D: Baked Basa Fillet dipped in egg white and crushed Mesa Sunrise cereal with Epicure Adobo spice mix
Shirataki noodles topped with stirfried cauliflower and Classico Red Wine & Herb pasta sauce
Greek Salad made from tomatoes, green onion, red & yellow peppers, and cuke with a largish serving of light feta and Kraft Calorie Wise Greek Dressing
1/2 a small avocado
(dinner total - 593 calories, 41g carbs, 37g fats, 31g protein)

Still maintaining YAAAAY! Even eating all this good stuff!!
Hang in there girls, your time will come, too!
Posting on here to let you know, it does work and it IS FOR LIFE!

Liana
Old 03-29-2014, 03:19 PM   #5  

Height: 5'4"

This is a great thread idea! I have had my struggles in maintenance and I am very interested in what maintainers eat daily.
Old 03-29-2014, 07:34 PM   #6  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

1 med banana

L: Wendy's Full Size Asian Cashew Chicken Salad with Spicy Asian Dressing (only 380 cal, 33g carb, 13g fat, 36g protein AND SERIOUSLY YUMMY!)

D: Baked Basa Fillet dipped in egg white and crushed Mesa Sunrise cereal with Epicure Adobo spice mix
Shirataki noodles topped with stirfried cauliflower and Classico Red Wine & Herb pasta sauce
Greek Salad made from tomatoes, green onion, red & yellow peppers, and cuke with a largish serving of light feta and Kraft Calorie Wise Greek Dressing
1/2 a small avocado

Liana
I really appreciate all this info and the encouragement. I am not to goal yet, but thoughts of maintenance are beginning to swirl. Thanks so much.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:06 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Congratulations, kcdoe!

I've been on maintenance for 7 months, and still finding my way. fwiw..
I can't handle the big P3 breakfast. It makes me feel wired & then I crash and feel hungry all day. I have a whey protein shake and half an orange most days. I also have 4 cups of water first thing in the morning. If I do something different, I stick to high protein with a little carb: 1 egg/2eggwhite omelette & salsa, maybe some butternut squash.

Lunch and dinner are P2ish; basically protein with veggies and a little oil & a daily green salad. I prefer the low carb veggies, but have added back things like carrots. My meals are pretty small--I get full easily, so I have 4-5.

I am very carb sensitive. Too much is a roller coaster, too little and I feel lethargic. I have about 60 g of carb/day. I don't do a fun day other than social occasions, as they have triggered binges. I often have whole food treats like extra servings of my regular food, or an avocado or apple.

I would like to see IP offer more specific guidelines, but I imagine they stick to what they can truly back up. We are all so different. I wish you the best on this journey. It's a little scary at first, but then it can be really fun to explore how to maintain your healthy new body.
Thank you Mars, that's what I'm afraid of, starting with such a large meal I'm thinking will cause me to be hungry all day . That's my wish for this thread to explore the way other maintainers make it work. This was great thank you !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriously View Post
I appreciate the thread too, even though I'm in Phase 1, I'd love to see posts like this for ALL phases. It will come in very handy when I want to get some idea of how life will be later on!! (hopefully not too much later on). I know there is a whatcha eatin' thread already, but it's all phases all jammed together.
Seriously I felt the same way on P1 and I went exploring always good to be informed!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadjineh View Post

1 med banana

1/2 a small avocado

Liana
Liana thank you, your was one of the only P4 I found in 5 pages of the what everyone's eating so glad you copied it here we appreciate it!!! Your one day has given me so many ideas I've read it 4 times Wendy's Asian salad sounds awesome looking up the Mesa cereal!! Please continue to share !!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hgamroth View Post
This is a great thread idea! I have had my struggles in maintenance and I am very interested in what maintainers eat daily.
Glad you agree Hgamroth I'm hoping maintainers will share their daily meals with us, how about you what have you put together so far for maintenance meals?

Last edited by kcdoe; 03-29-2014 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 09:12 AM   #8  

ok my first day with phase 3 breakfast, this is harder then it looks
I'm using fitness pal to calculate everything. I had
1 egg
2 egg whites
2 slices whole grain white
veggie cheese
4 turkey Sausage links

I made a sandwich. ok this ended up being 25.8 carbs 39 G Protein, 17G fat.
I haven't added the fruit and I'm already over on the fat.

Ok going through the links looking for breads that I can get lower in carbs and fat. I've got to look for breakfast meat lower in fat, so that's why they go for the ham so I'll check that out

There's no way I will want to eat this all at once. Why can't we spread throughout the morning, make the yogurt a late morning snack?

Planning grocery list for the week!!

Maintainers or phase 3ers what are you eating today??
Old 03-30-2014, 09:21 AM   #9  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Great thread! I'm stalking it as I'll be joining you all shortly!
Old 03-30-2014, 09:56 AM   #10  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
ok my first day with phase 3 breakfast, this is harder then it looks
I'm using fitness pal to calculate everything. I had
1 egg
2 egg whites
2 slices whole grain white
veggie cheese
4 turkey Sausage links

I made a sandwich. ok this ended up being 25.8 carbs 39 G Protein, 17G fat.
I haven't added the fruit and I'm already over on the fat.

Ok going through the links looking for breads that I can get lower in carbs and fat. I've got to look for breakfast meat lower in fat, so that's why they go for the ham so I'll check that out

There's no way I will want to eat this all at once. Why can't we spread throughout the morning, make the yogurt a late morning snack?

Planning grocery list for the week!!

Maintainers or phase 3ers what are you eating today??
I asked my coach about spreading the breakfast out in the morning and she said "no". You have to eat it all at the same time so your insulin spikes only once in the morning. It seems like too much for the first few days but you get used to it and you'll enjoy feeling satiated for longer than if you just had an IP drink for breakfast. I did phase 3 for a few days before a vacation and I sorely miss it. Phase 1 is pretty hard to get back to 100%. I even lost half a pound over those Phase 3 days! I look forward to getting back there in a month or so.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:14 PM   #11  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Great thread! I'm stalking it as I'll be joining you all shortly!
Thank you Ruthann for letting us know! congrats can't wait Till you're with us hope others join in as well. It's so hard looking through pages and pages for morsals of information, welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
I asked my coach about spreading the breakfast out in the morning and she said "no". You have to eat it all at the same time so your insulin spikes only once in the morning. It seems like too much for the first few days but you get used to it and you'll enjoy feeling satiated for longer than if you just had an IP drink for breakfast. I did phase 3 for a few days before a vacation and I sorely miss it. Phase 1 is pretty hard to get back to 100%. I even lost half a pound over those Phase 3 days! I look forward to getting back there in a month or so.
Thank you Stepha that makes sense but they also say eating 6 small meals is good so confusing ;( what did you eat for phase 3?

Last edited by kcdoe; 03-30-2014 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:28 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Thank you Stepha that makes sense but they also say eating 6 small meals is good so confusing ;( what did you eat for phase 3?
I would think you could go to the smaller 6 meals as your maintenance plan (while monitoring your nutrition stats and seeing how it affects you on the scale)

BUT P3 is all about resetting the pancrease after its IP holiday. You want the one-time insulin spike in the morning by having your concentration of carbs in one sitting, and then returning to lesser amounts the rest of the day.

Last edited by JLUS; 03-30-2014 at 12:30 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 01:27 PM   #13  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mars735 View Post
Congratulations, kcdoe!

I've been on maintenance for 7 months, and still finding my way. fwiw..
I can't handle the big P3 breakfast. It makes me feel wired & then I crash and feel hungry all day. I have a whey protein shake and half an orange most days. I also have 4 cups of water first thing in the morning. If I do something different, I stick to high protein with a little carb: 1 egg/2eggwhite omelette & salsa, maybe some butternut squash.

Lunch and dinner are P2ish; basically protein with veggies and a little oil & a daily green salad. I prefer the low carb veggies, but have added back things like carrots. My meals are pretty small--I get full easily, so I have 4-5.

I am very carb sensitive. Too much is a roller coaster, too little and I feel lethargic. I have about 60 g of carb/day. I don't do a fun day other than social occasions, as they have triggered binges. I often have whole food treats like extra servings of my regular food, or an avocado or apple.

I would like to see IP offer more specific guidelines, but I imagine they stick to what they can truly back up. We are all so different. I wish you the best on this journey. It's a little scary at first, but then it can be really fun to explore how to maintain your healthy new body.
Mars..I am with you...!!!

VERY carb sensitive and the big breakfast did not sit well with me AT ALL...

I do better with 3 breakfasts I rotate during 6 days M-Sat...

(1) A 3-egg white and veggie omlettes,
(2) A protein shake diluted with 1C Almond milk and strong coffee made into a vanilla or mocha latte (split into 2 shakes actually...) with a hardboiled egg if I am hungry mid AM.
(3)Berries with cottage cheese or yogurt and an egg white or small (2) egg white omlette.

Do these each twice a week.

We do a "brunch" on Sundays:
For me- Usually 1 poached egg over a green salad (lemon and oil dressing) and a small pork cutlet, (rather than a cured meat...we avoid nitrates) a few avacado slices, or berries and 1/2 C cottage cheese or greek yogurt.

Lunch is usually a salad and 3-4 oz left over chicken/pork/steak/seafood etc . I plan dinner so there is something left over for my nxt day's lunch.
Dinner is pretty much 6-8 oz grilled meat or fish, a veggie and green salad.
Snacks are almost always almonds or a few pieces of some nice cheese...but I go way easy on the rice crackers...more often than not having none!! Occasional glass of wine when we are out.

Starch: Eliminate/substitute another veggie for potatoes or rice when ordering out...and usually ask for sauces on the side and do lemon and olive oil dressing myself. I eat all veggies now...beets, and sweet potaoes more sparingly though. Careful with fruit...if it's in an occasional salad or is a fresh fruit dessert...OK...but do not grab apples or bananas during the day...at close to 100 calories each piece...I have no room in my maintenance-diet day for those large numbers since BMR is based on height. And I am one of those people who truly feel better with protein than carbs. That is a blessing.

Have had chocolate a few times...that is something I try to only do the dark dark kind...and really rare...treat...and don't keep it in the house!!!

For me this diet was a lifestyle change and one I embraced. But NOT going back to foods that are high in carbs, sugars and have been processed was easy for me...being gluten free by necessity for 8 years now...helped.
Pizza and pastry were never on my radar...and I don't buy the GF equivalents, except for rice crackers. And that's only because my husband eats them and prefers them over regular....Better for me if they are NOT in abundance in this house...I also like them.. a lot!! I find this way of eating is very easy to handle with travel and socially. I'm known as being picky...and that is OK.. Picky people are usually thin. When I do have a glass of wine...it is a REALLY GOOD one...and I thoroughly enjoy it!! I also enjoy a Mojhito with no sugar...and my son-in-law swears he is going to convert me to some vodka drink very low in carbs when we go to Mexico in a few weeks!

I've needed to kick up the exercise intensity to maintain...
Routine more intense now and do monitor my heart rate appropriate to my age to be sure I am working hard enough...and yes...I sweat more!!!

6 days a week..
3 days of circuit and either ride 5 miles on a stationary recumb bike that day...or walk outside weather permitting about 3 miles.
The other 3 days I don't do circuit, but do back and leg exercises and ride 10 miles at level 4 on the recumb bike...and am pleased to say my speed is now 10 MPH!!! Currently, am at the gym from 7- to about 8:20 every day except Sunday...Trying to relax that day. As the weather gets nicer now I may begin to take a longer outside walk....and am considering getting a bike for riding with my husband this summer.

Life is good...I can move easily...fit in nice clothes and no longer am fixated on ideas for losing weight.
I weigh every day....

It's so much better to fixate on maintaining...MUCH easier. (Although some consider maintenance hard...pick your hard....This is an easier mental ride...Really.) Which is why I have advocated getting an exercise routine established and making peace with the scale BEFORE you get to maintenance. Those pieces need to not be challenging......it's time to just get on with your life. And it should be a good one, and well deserved after months of fighting to lose. Maintenance should all about what you won!

Last edited by 65X65; 03-30-2014 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-30-2014, 03:18 PM   #14  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Mars..I am with you...!!!

VERY carb sensitive and the big breakfast did not sit well with me AT ALL...

I do better with 3 breakfasts I rotate during 6 days M-Sat...

(1) A 3-egg white and veggie omlettes,
(2) A protein shake diluted with 1C Almond milk and strong coffee made into a vanilla or mocha latte (split into 2 shakes actually...) with a hardboiled egg if I am hungry mid AM.
(3)Berries with cottage cheese or yogurt and an egg white or small (2) egg white omlette.

Do these each twice a week.

We do a "brunch" on Sundays:
For me- Usually 1 poached egg over a green salad (lemon and oil dressing) and a small pork cutlet, (rather than a cured meat...we avoid nitrates) a few avacado slices, or berries and 1/2 C cottage cheese or greek yogurt.

Lunch is usually a salad and 3-4 oz left over chicken/pork/steak/seafood etc . I plan dinner so there is something left over for my nxt day's lunch.
Dinner is pretty much 6-8 oz grilled meat or fish, a veggie and green salad.
Snacks are almost always almonds or a few pieces of some nice cheese...but I go way easy on the rice crackers...more often than not having none!! Occasional glass of wine when we are out.

Starch: Eliminate/substitute another veggie for potatoes or rice when ordering out...and usually ask for sauces on the side and do lemon and olive oil dressing myself. I eat all veggies now...beets, and sweet potaoes more sparingly though. Careful with fruit...if it's in an occasional salad or is a fresh fruit dessert...OK...but do not grab apples or bananas during the day...at close to 100 calories each piece...I have no room in my maintenance-diet day for those large numbers since BMR is based on height. And I am one of those people who truly feel better with protein than carbs. That is a blessing.

Have had chocolate a few times...that is something I try to only do the dark dark kind...and really rare...treat...and don't keep it in the house!!!

For me this diet was a lifestyle change and one I embraced. But NOT going back to foods that are high in carbs, sugars and have been processed was easy for me...being gluten free by necessity for 8 years now...helped.
Pizza and pastry were never on my radar...and I don't buy the GF equivalents, except for rice crackers. And that's only because my husband eats them and prefers them over regular....Better for me if they are NOT in abundance in this house...I also like them.. a lot!! I find this way of eating is very easy to handle with travel and socially. I'm known as being picky...and that is OK.. Picky people are usually thin. When I do have a glass of wine...it is a REALLY GOOD one...and I thoroughly enjoy it!! I also enjoy a Mojhito with no sugar...and my son-in-law swears he is going to convert me to some vodka drink very low in carbs when we go to Mexico in a few weeks!

I've needed to kick up the exercise intensity to maintain...
Routine more intense now and do monitor my heart rate appropriate to my age to be sure I am working hard enough...and yes...I sweat more!!!

6 days a week..
3 days of circuit and either ride 5 miles on a stationary recumb bike that day...or walk outside weather permitting about 3 miles.
The other 3 days I don't do circuit, but do back and leg exercises and ride 10 miles at level 4 on the recumb bike...and am pleased to say my speed is now 10 MPH!!! Currently, am at the gym from 7- to about 8:20 every day except Sunday...Trying to relax that day. As the weather gets nicer now I may begin to take a longer outside walk....and am considering getting a bike for riding with my husband this summer.

Life is good...I can move easily...fit in nice clothes and no longer am fixated on ideas for losing weight.
I weigh every day....

It's so much better to fixate on maintaining...MUCH easier. (Although some consider maintenance hard...pick your hard....This is an easier mental ride...Really.) Which is why I have advocated getting an exercise routine established and making peace with the scale BEFORE you get to maintenance. Those pieces need to not be challenging......it's time to just get on with your life. And it should be a good one, and well deserved after months of fighting to lose. Maintenance should all about what you won!
This was SUCH helpful post, 65, thank you!! I am going re-read this post often, and the last paragraph really speaks to me. This is what I now fervently want. I need to decide on a stopping point and then maintenance. When I began this journey almost 14 months ago, all I wanted in this world was to be at a healthy weight. With that nearly achieved, my fervent desire has now turned to maintaining a healthy body and integrating that maintenance into a balanced and happy lifestyle.

My husband asked me a few weeks ago which food I miss most and most look forward to having again. I could not answer that. I really don't crave or miss any particular food which, I think, bodes well for a successful maintenance. What I do miss and crave, though, is being a bit more relaxed and routine about it all. I would like to find a way of eating that becomes natural and automatic and not so hard-won, kwim? I now want to take the energy of P1 and eventually turn that into finding a maintenance routine that brings balance and calm to my life. Your post is encouraging. Thank you.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:38 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLUS View Post
I would think you could go to the smaller 6 meals as your maintenance plan (while monitoring your nutrition stats and seeing how it affects you on the scale)

BUT P3 is all about resetting the pancrease after its IP holiday. You want the one-time insulin spike in the morning by having your concentration of carbs in one sitting, and then returning to lesser amounts the rest of the day.

Great information JLUS, I have to remember I'm on P3 not maintenance yet. need to stick strictly with this for 2 weeks. anxious to get to maintenance can ya tell . thank you!!
Closed Thread