Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2014, 10:38 AM   #466  
Started IP 4/19/14

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post

Is there an official Phase One sheet from Ideal Protein? Wondering if each center gets to adjust the official one.
My papers are the same as what you can get in the first post of the daily thread, or the FAQ sticky. I compared them right away, because (though I trust my friend/coach who started my program), I know that some centers are really slow about switching over to new sheets when there are changes. I wanted to be sure that her center was using the newest stuff!

I have heard that some people receive sheets with hand written addendums that do not match current protocol. I guess it is possible that coaches are making changes to the papers, but I doubt it is approved by Ideal Protein.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipnDip View Post
The IP daily video blog do say that if spinach is raw it doesn't have to be counted. They said the same about field greens. But then they do say if you have trouble getting in all your veggies to eat spinach and kale. Even IP can't seem to stay clear on this subject. They always come back to "see how your body handles it". I don't want to waste a week finding out!
Haha! Boy, they make it clear as mud, eh? I'm with you - what I'm doing is working well, and I'm not willing to waste a week.

Last edited by mainemum; 05-11-2014 at 10:39 AM.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:57 PM   #467  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by evemomma View Post
THanks for the thorough answer. I am traveling in a few days and will be MUCH more active than I normally am and have been concerned about not eating enough and getting ill (will be at Disney World...hot and LOTS of walking). My coach did not seem to have a good answer for me WHAT I should increase if I needed to increase:
veggies?
REAL protein?
protein packs?

Not very helpful to say the least.
Yeah, I think it's tough for the coaches. The IP higher-ups have provided them with little guidance for dealing with special circumstances, and the coaches aren't scientists or dieticians -- they're laypeople trying to do the best they can for their clients.

I'm a resident physician, and have rotations with call coming up. The diet, as it stands, is simply not enough to keep me going for 28-30 hours straight (yes, my life sucks). My coach and I haven't decided on a plan of attack yet, but it will either be an extra unrestricted packet for more protein, or possibly an increase in fat (like in the form of PB on celery, not a greasy burger or anything).

I think, in your situation, the most important thing will be to stay hydrated. Don't let that water bottle leave your side! You might confuse dehydration with hunger. If you need it, having an extra packet handy is probably good idea. As well, safe vegetables like cucumber & celery aren't going to give you much of an energy boost, but they can be lifesavers if you're staring temptation in the face and just want to munch!

Last edited by shelflife; 05-11-2014 at 02:59 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 03:15 PM   #468  

Happy Mother's Day!!

Phase 1

B - Pure Protein chocolate drink/coffee
L - salad with 2 cups cucumbers
Sn - Pure Protein bar
D - 8 oz ground beef, 2 c roasted cabbage, oil
Sn - Pure Protein chocolate drink warmed
Old 05-11-2014, 05:15 PM   #469  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkernjh View Post
[Also, on my Phase 1 sheet, the spinach counts as a vegetable, not a lettuce. I guess your coaches have their own "house rules" about this.

Is there an official Phase One sheet from Ideal Protein? Wondering if each center gets to adjust the official one.
It does seem inexplicable how spinach/field greens are select veggies on the sheet (not qualifying raw or cooked) and not only coaches, but IP itself can contradict that. Why list it as select if it is to be treated as a variable?

Last edited by JLUS; 05-11-2014 at 08:52 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 05:52 PM   #470  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainemum View Post
Ideal Protein says "unlimited lettuce", but my coach says at least four cups of romaine lettuce daily to prevent constipation. It is an important source of nutrients, and it helps with hunger. That being said, she also told me that missing a day occasionally will not mess things up. Some days I am too busy for salad (hard to eat while driving) and some days I am not that hungry. Other days, like yesterday, I eat a huge salad at lunch and none at dinner. I get my four cups most days, but not necessarily split into two servings.
Re lettuce: I a couple cups of romaine in a ziploc bag & eat like chips in the afternoon. A lot of my job is travel and it works for me!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:41 PM   #471  
Evemomma

S/C/G: 170/132.5/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelflife View Post
Yeah, I think it's tough for the coaches. The IP higher-ups have provided them with little guidance for dealing with special circumstances, and the coaches aren't scientists or dieticians -- they're laypeople trying to do the best they can for their clients.

I'm a resident physician, and have rotations with call coming up. The diet, as it stands, is simply not enough to keep me going for 28-30 hours straight (yes, my life sucks). My coach and I haven't decided on a plan of attack yet, but it will either be an extra unrestricted packet for more protein, or possibly an increase in fat (like in the form of PB on celery, not a greasy burger or anything).

I think, in your situation, the most important thing will be to stay hydrated. Don't let that water bottle leave your side! You might confuse dehydration with hunger. If you need it, having an extra packet handy is probably good idea. As well, safe vegetables like cucumber & celery aren't going to give you much of an energy boost, but they can be lifesavers if you're staring temptation in the face and just want to munch!
Thanks again! Good for you for taking control of your health in the most chaotic times. My nutrition went down the tubes after graduate school where I was on call for suicide/hospitalization screenings....not enough rest, too much stress = emotional eating!

I am curious how I will do....my energy feels lower this week than previously on IP.
Old 05-12-2014, 07:32 AM   #472  
Started IP 4/19/14

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Re lettuce: I a couple cups of romaine in a ziploc bag & eat like chips in the afternoon. A lot of my job is travel and it works for me!
That's brilliant! I used to do that with baby spinach (odd pregnancy craving) but I never thought to do it with romaine. Thanks for the tip!

Yesterday, Phase 1 with alts

B: egg + whites to replace IP omelet, 1 C green bell peppers, tea with milk and stevia
L: salad with romaine, 1 C spinach, 1 C red bell peppers, acv & oil dressing. I made an experimental flat bread with New Hope Mills pancake mix, herbs, and an egg white, and stuffed some of the salad into the flatbread for a "sandwich". Recipe needs tweaking, but it was pretty good overall.
S: Premier Protein vanilla rtd mixed with cold coffee.
D: huge salad of romaine and iceberg lettuce, with spicy shredded chicken and 1 C of pico de gallo on top. (There goes my tomatoes for the week, lol!)
Old 05-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #473  

S/C/G: 170/166/140

Height: 5'8"

Default P1, alts, 5/12

Good morning! High of 82 in Boston today - holy moly!

B: PD pancake, WF syrup, iced coffee
L: 3c romaine, 1c cucumber, 1c red pepper, WF sesame ginger dressing
S: PD BBQ soy crisps
D: 6oz streak tips on the grill, 1c asparagus, 1c roasted broccoli
S: PT caramel cafe lattee pudding

120oz water
Old 05-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #474  
Started IP 4/19/14

Phase 1, w/ alts

B: 1/2 scoop Body Fortress Chocolate Whey shake mixed with cold coffee and stevia drops
L: 2 C cabbage with 1 tsp oil, liquid splenda, 1 tbsp white vinegar, salt and pepper, 2 oz piece grilled chicken breast
S: Quest bar
D: 5 oz grilled chicken, 2 C broccoli, romaine salad with oil & acv dressing
S: 1/2 scoop Body Fortress Chocolate Whey shake blended with ice and Torini Caramel Syrup
Old 05-12-2014, 01:28 PM   #475  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

P1 IP

B: Vanilla pudding waffle, coffee
L: 2C. broccoli, Broccoli Cheese soup
D: 6 oz chicken breast, 1c. swiss chard+ 1c. mushrooms, sautéed.
S: Garlic Soy Crisps
Old 05-12-2014, 02:03 PM   #476  

Wt 165.4 - passed the 10lb mark! AND I get to sit at my desk today! Double woohoo!
B: Crispy cereal
L: Taco salad
D: Chicken a la king with broccolini
Sn: Apple cinnamon puffs

Last edited by shelflife; 05-12-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 05-12-2014, 03:06 PM   #477  
Began IP 3-29-2012

S/C/G: 470/316/220

Height: 6'00"

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelflife View Post

WOW 28-30 hours straight. I am tired just hearing that!

Not the same situation but the same idea. When I started IP at 470 my coach looked at me and smiled and said I could do up to 7 packets a day. She didn't get that out of a book, she winged it and you know what, I am damn glad she did because I would not have stuck with the diet and had success with three packets a day!
Old 05-12-2014, 03:41 PM   #478  

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmcvet View Post
WOW 28-30 hours straight. I am tired just hearing that!

Not the same situation but the same idea. When I started IP at 470 my coach looked at me and smiled and said I could do up to 7 packets a day. She didn't get that out of a book, she winged it and you know what, I am damn glad she did because I would not have stuck with the diet and had success with three packets a day!
And you're doing amazingly! Congrats on your success so far -- especially with the extra hurdle of HCL (saw you mention it in another thread). I've met many people with it as a result of my work, so I have to give you extra kudos

Last edited by shelflife; 05-12-2014 at 03:53 PM.
Old 05-13-2014, 10:37 AM   #479  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Talking

PH1

B- RTD Café caramel shake and coffee

L- 2c broccoli and Peach mango drink and salad

S- no idea yet

D- 1/2 bell pepper stuffed with taco meat, few tomatoes and onions (everyone else gets REAL tacos in the tortillas LOL)

OR I can make small taco shells baked in muffin tins with cauliflower too.....hmmm I need to decided LOL
Old 05-13-2014, 01:15 PM   #480  
Liz S.

S/C/G: 172/ 172 / 125

Height: 5'2"

For bfast I had the cappucino drink, plus a cup of joe with skim milk and 4 drops of stevia. For the first time at lunch today I tried the chicken soup and OMG it's so GOOD!!
Dinner I think we'll have leftovers - we grilled out and had a ton of meat last night. I don't think I want lettuce because I'm so full from lunch.
Oh and I had some grilled peppers and grilled zucchini in my chicken soup.
I didn't realize it was so creamy! YUM!
Closed Thread