Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 278.3 / 156.5 / 180

Height: 5'4"

First day of spring break! My coach wants me to start gentle exercising, so I took my bike to the bike shop for a tune-up ... and discovered they've moved 29 blocks closer to my house! They should be done with it tomorrow. It's windy here today, so I wouldn't be riding anyway. Might start painting the hallway ceiling instead.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbierm View Post
Finally made back into onederland. 7 weeks, 14 lbs. I doubt that IP would make me their poster child, but I'll take what I can get.
Have a Good Friday everyone!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny38 View Post
Way to go

I made it to onederland to this week! So happy to see a number on the scale start with 1 and the 2's are gone for good.
Have a great Friday!

way to go! It is such a wonderful feeling to reach Onederland! Enjoy this point in your journey.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:08 PM   #48  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandMom View Post
I wanted to say a big "thank you" to everyone who responsed to me in yesterday's daily thread. I am on Day 5 today, and I had a total meltdown last night (thinking this is too hard, I can't do this long-term, etc.). Just knowing that SOMEONE understands was such a huge help to me. I am really struggling with this first week, and I so appreciate the wonderful support and just plain ol' fashioned understanding I have gotten here so far.

And now for a question: Will I know that I am in ketosis? I am still hungry and have not noticed an unusual taste in my mouth at all. *Should* I be in ketosis after 5 days? I have stayed 100% OP.
Some people like ketostix. I say they are a waste of money.
Google Ketosis symptoms. You'll see a huge list and you may have a few of them. Our bodies get efficient pretty quickly and will burn the ketones rather than excreting them.
Stick to the plan. If you're day 5 & 100% on plan, you're in ketosis. Ketosis doesn't completely remove hunger. Remember a lot of our "hunger" is just wanting to eat. It comes from snacking whenever we felt like it. Our brains are going to try to trick us into giving in to keep doing what we've been doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willsea View Post
Whats everyones feelings on the sugar alcohol Erythritol? Is it something to be avoiding?
Erythritol is in many sweetened low carb foods, including IP foods.
Old 03-28-2014, 06:50 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 205/190/140

Height: 5'8"

I had my second weigh in tonight. I lost 9.4 lb this week. Way better than my 1 lb loss my first week. I am one happy camper tonight!
Old 03-28-2014, 07:31 PM   #50  
IP Start Date: 3/27/14

S/C/G: 241.2/see ticker/175

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indygal View Post
I had my second weigh in tonight. I lost 9.4 lb this week. Way better than my 1 lb loss my first week. I am one happy camper tonight!
Good for you!! I have my first weigh in next week and am nervous
Old 03-28-2014, 08:19 PM   #51  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Height: 5'5"

So, no loss this week, BUT on the bright side, no gain! My Aunt flo had a vengeful visit after staying away for 2 months, so I'm not surprised....
Tomorrow is my sorority formal, and I get to wear my "little black dress" that I bought, so that is exciting! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:45 PM   #52  
Started March '14

S/C/G: 296/254.6/179

Height: 5'5

Default Question about 2 egg whites

Hi guys n gals... I am reading lots of recipes that call for 2 egg whites... if I use 2 egg whites to make a cake out of a pudding for example... Do I have to subtract those from my 8oz of meat per day? if so how many oz's of meat could I have if I use the 2 egg whites? Sorry I am a bit confused over this
Old 03-28-2014, 08:49 PM   #53  
Started March '14

S/C/G: 296/254.6/179

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So, no loss this week, BUT on the bright side, no gain! My Aunt flo had a vengeful visit after staying away for 2 months, so I'm not surprised....
Tomorrow is my sorority formal, and I get to wear my "little black dress" that I bought, so that is exciting! Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!
Deana I would take the no gaingirl Congrats on getting to wear your new "little black dress" Hope you have a wonderful weekend and you are doing Amazing girl!
Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 PM   #54  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Does anyone know what in the world is wrong with my children today? My patients may be on the low side but I think that their screaming and defiance is way on the high side today. My 5 (almost 6) year old has done nothing but scream about everything today. I really just want a time out!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:05 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 235/220

ME TOO! boy did I learn my lesson. One lb gain scared me. much more conscience of what I'm eating and trying to stay OP, but sometimes I'm sooooooo hungry
Old 03-28-2014, 09:15 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 206/145/145

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
OOPS!
Meant to put this here...not in a new thread!

Yesterday's Think Thin Thursday thought from Beck Diet Solution:

Just because you think something doesn’t mean it’s true. The thought, "That food looks so good I really want to have some" probably is true, while the thought, "That food looks so good I can't resist" probably isn't. The thought, “My friend will be so disappointed if I turn down her cookies,” MAY be true, but just because you think she will be disappointed doesn’t prove she actually will be.
Lisa, I had read your comments about the Beck book and ordered it. I haven't had time to get too far into it, but it is so helpful already! Thanks for sharing about it.
Old 03-28-2014, 09:24 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmberLS View Post
Does anyone know what in the world is wrong with my children today? My patients may be on the low side but I think that their screaming and defiance is way on the high side today. My 5 (almost 6) year old has done nothing but scream about everything today. I really just want a time out!
That is my life daily. My 2 almost 3 year old is notorious for his screaming oye it is enough to drive me crazy! the older 2 are home on spring break so um yeah all the fun that comes with!
I need a mommy vaca is what I need. a day at the spa!
Old 03-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #58  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandgirlwannabe View Post
Hi guys n gals... I am reading lots of recipes that call for 2 egg whites... if I use 2 egg whites to make a cake out of a pudding for example... Do I have to subtract those from my 8oz of meat per day? if so how many oz's of meat could I have if I use the 2 egg whites? Sorry I am a bit confused over this
My coach told me egg whites are a free food just like lettuce. the yellow is the protein.
Old 03-28-2014, 11:06 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indygal View Post
"WEIGH" to go! Great loss!
Old 03-28-2014, 11:08 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 275.5/ticker/200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
Deanna509,
I have followed your blog, wow you are and inspiration! Enjoy your"little black dress!" WEIGH to go!
Closed Thread