Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2014, 02:58 PM   #31  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Ems, I could have written your post, and you and I started IP within a week of each other way back in September. I am tired. And in the past month I have had slips. I am so close to my goal and have become too complacent. I told myself this weekend that it's time to STOP the slippage - just bear down, focus, and get it done and move on to P2 already. You and I are both so close - don't stop now. We can do it together!!

Last edited by GettinHealthyNow; 03-18-2014 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 259.2/ticker/160

Height: 5'9"

GettinHealthyNow, we can be each others cheerleaders! I know I'm going to stick to it. I know it would be doing wrong to myself to do otherwise. I used to work at a summer camp and we put such a strong emphasis on the kids about 'finishing the race'. We explained how it was important to finish, no matter the task. What they would relate it to was a huge swim meet we would have. We would explain how important it was to 'swim through the docks' and someone will catch you. Don't keep looking up to see how far you've gone, just swim until it's time to stop. It could be something at work, a track meet, a weight loss program, etc. So here I am, telling myself and the rest of you, to finish the race and swim through the dock!

Last edited by ems70508; 03-18-2014 at 03:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:34 PM   #33  
AmberLS

S/C/G: High 298, IP-250/182/165

Height: 5ft 5in

Ate some of the jello recommended to me (snack pack sugar free made with sucralose instead of aspartame. Made myself some cabbage soup, just need to eat my lunch IP and so far I'm managing to hold everything down, gotta wait about 30 more minutes to know for sure.
Old 03-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #34  

EMS and GettingHealthy you girls are rockstars! I am so impressed with your determination and commitment thus far. Big kudos to you. I hope you all are celebrating the losses and enjoying the transformation even though you are not quite at goal yet because you both have came such a long way. And you are right, sooooooo close! I can attest that the closer it gets the harder it seems to be. Just know that we are all cheering you on! Yahooooo!
Old 03-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

I'm doing the IP using alternatives. Is it okay to chat in this thread or is there a specific thread for it?
Old 03-18-2014, 04:59 PM   #36  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulse View Post
I'm doing the IP using alternatives. Is it okay to chat in this thread or is there a specific thread for it?
Welcome! Many folks are using alternative products. Some started with a coach and switched when they learned the difference in price. Some have never had a coach. All are welcome.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:00 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 206/160.1/140

Height: 5'2"

Oh my gosh! I just had my first bag of dill pickle zippers and I can't believe how good they are. I didn't realize I was missing salty/crunchy things. It reminded me of Cheetos though, with how messy they were. Finger lickin' good.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:13 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Ems, I could have written your post, and you and I started IP within a week of each other way back in September. I am tired. And in the past month I have had slips. I am so close to my goal and have become too complacent. I told myself this weekend that it's time to STOP the slippage - just bear down, focus, and get it done and move on to P2 already. You and I are both so close - don't stop now. We can do it together!!
Welcome back to the horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
to all my veterans out there....did you ever just get sick and tired of eating on plan? wanted to change it up? i'm getting closer and closer to goal every week but just want to eat fruit again. have a slice of toast. i'm getting antsy! Guidance? My cousin was trying to convince me last night to start phasing off and just do WW. In my mind, that sounds glorious because I can just count points. But then I reminded myself that WW never worked before-too many temptations during a weight loss! I think it's a good idea for maintenance maybe. I need help to keep my motivation. I don't want to convince myself that phasing off is a good idea.....
My issue was different. Long plateau burned me out from doing p1 nonstop after about 10 months. I mean, if all I'm gonna do is maintain, I'm doing it on p3 or 4...NOT 1

That being said, I've done some interventions for some systems in my body so I, too, am back on the p1 horse. I'm giving it 6 weeks. If I'm mostly losing & the trend is down, I'll stick on it until goal. If not, I'll phase off again and we'll see what other physical interventions need to happen. It is ALL good because I'm healthier and healthier!

I agree with what others have said. You're still losing. Stick with it. Find some new recipes to get you excited again. Change it up & go for gold!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner68girl View Post
Awesome to start off my day to read the encouraging messages from everyone. Do any of you have recipes that you have tried and enjoyed? I do find following the IP program using alternatives, it is quite restrictive and I sometimes become bored with eating the same things.
Check the very first post of this thread for lots of links to recipe threads. It is super easy to get bored so variety is the name if the game.

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-18-2014 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Ems, I am glad that you have already decided to stick it out. My initial reaction was h*ll no, do not stop now. The reason WW has not worked is tied to your PCOS and being insulin resistant. I am so proud of how far you have come. Your positive spirit and can do attitude has been refreshing on this thread. You are just in a slump. The fruit will be there when you are feeling awesome in that new bathing suit. I understand the fatigue, I have had to switch up my dinner choices lately, just to keep my interest. But I am determined to make it to at least 160. I am in control of what goes in my mouth. The food on program nourishes my body, the stuff from my mind is just craving chatter from my inner brat. This time- I chose not to listen. A good friend always says, shut it down.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:32 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 321.2/250.6/199

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Welcome! Many folks are using alternative products. Some started with a coach and switched when they learned the difference in price. Some have never had a coach. All are welcome.
Great! Thanks I would have done IP with a coach but there is no clinic in the drivable vicinity (I live in rural Canada) so I stalked here for ages until I felt ready enough to jump in. So, I'm going it alone.

How many carbs should I shoot for a day to stay in ketosis? I've been trying to keep my net carbs to 35g and less, but I'm unsure if that's too much or too little.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:35 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 195.4/173.8/129

Height: 5' 5"

Weight In #2 tomorrow! I'm always so nervous. I felt a little better yesterday and MUCH better today. Thank goodness!

I really appreciate the encouragement and support here on this forum. I've never been part of a forum before. I typically read through different ones...but I must say, this particular one here...it's very positive, helpful, encouraging, and even direct. I appreciate that, too.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:38 PM   #42  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlr9774 View Post
Just back from weigh in : down 3lbs - So Proud, Very Happy! Hard work, planning and restraint pays off! Tried the new IP MINT BAR! It's a nice treat!
Congrats! Hard work, planning, and restraint are the hallmarks of success on IP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Treated myself to a haircut today. Stepped outside the box and changed my style after wear ingot he same thing for at least 5 years
Nice! Very cute!

Quote:
to all my veterans out there....did you ever just get sick and tired of eating on plan? wanted to change it up? i'm getting closer and closer to goal every week but just want to eat fruit again. have a slice of toast. i'm getting antsy! Guidance? My cousin was trying to convince me last night to start phasing off and just do WW. In my mind, that sounds glorious because I can just count points. But then I reminded myself that WW never worked before-too many temptations during a weight loss! I think it's a good idea for maintenance maybe. I need help to keep my motivation. I don't want to convince myself that phasing off is a good idea.....
Ems, I am right with you. Very close to goal, so the losses are slower, and eating on plan is definitely getting old at times. Part of me thinks it is self sabotage; someone mentioned this in the past, the idea of almost being afraid (subconsciously) to reach that goal, because then the really hard part starts...the rest of your life. Maintenance. The other part of me just thinks I am tired of the restrictions. I have tried some of the recipes, but they aren't for me, especially since I do not have many products around. I mainly have soups for lunch, bars for snacks, and the cereals for breakfast. I do like some puddings, but as puddings- no desire to change them into something else. Sometimes the veggies get bland LOL. And a smaller part of me maybe links it to the long, cold, difficult winter we have had. Who knows? Then there's stress, heavy workloads, etc.

The strange thing is that MOST OF THE TIME, I am just fine. I am satisfied with what I can have, and usually enjoy it! I just go through about an hour or so each afternoon where I just feel sick of P1. We can make it through! We are almost there! So, to sum it up, don't give up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Quote:
yall are right. I just got off the phone with a close friend who said the same thing. Her first thought was actually quite funny. she said "I don't know how you've done it for the last 6 months but don't stop now!"
Excellent advice from GettinHealthyNow and from your friend. Don't stop now! (I need to listen, too!)

Renee
Old 03-18-2014, 07:13 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 237/158/175

Height: 5'7

Nolasmurf, great new look!

Renee, how did you choose your goal? I remember that you wanted to be in a smaller size, are you there yet?
Old 03-18-2014, 08:12 PM   #44  
SassyPants Extraordinaire

S/C/G: 176/ticker/135

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaChic View Post
Weight In #2 tomorrow! I'm always so nervous. I felt a little better yesterday and MUCH better today. Thank goodness!

I really appreciate the encouragement and support here on this forum. I've never been part of a forum before. I typically read through different ones...but I must say, this particular one here...it's very positive, helpful, encouraging, and even direct. I appreciate that, too.
I agree -it is a great forum! It would be so much harder to do this without all the support. I'm sure you will do great tomorrow

Two nights in a row I have not been able to finish my evening meal. It is just too. much. food. I need to do some serious thinking about how I can rearrange things so the last meal isn't so daunting. I know I need the protein, but I don't sleep well with too-full-tummy-ache-itus! Advice appreciated.
Old 03-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #45  

S/C/G: 195.4/182.5/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Treated myself to a haircut today. Stepped outside the box and changed my style after wear ingot he same thing for at least 5 years
Looks awesome.......good for you! Change is good
Closed Thread