IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/8 - Sun 3/9/2014

You're on Page 3 of 7
Go to
  • Sigh, it is only 8:45, I have already had my breakfast, tea and some water and I am sooooo hungry
  • portable lunch ideas
    Hi there

I am doing a reboot and an looking for some portable lunch ideas.

I am not a big fan of the IP soups. I have been making a roasted cauliflower soup (which is relish) but I don't want to get sick of it.

I am already a little tired of salads and raw veggies.

If anyone has any good ideas for easy portable lunches, I would be very appreciative! I just saw a recipe for a 'creamy' curried zucchini soup so might try that...

Thanks!
  • Pukka8: I make zucchini/packet muffins from pudding packets or potato puree

Recipe is in Recipes #4. Link is in first post of this thread.
    Super portable. Can be eaten warmed, cold, or room temp.

I'm not a fan of a lot of raw veggies either. I quickly develop boredom with them. Lots of ideas in the recipe threads.
    Quote: Sigh, it is only 8:45, I have already had my breakfast, tea and some water and I am sooooo hungry
    Go to Amazon & buy the Audio version of Beck Diet Solution.
    It is really helping me (even more than before) recognize the difference between true hunger and "wanting to eat". We're so condidioned to eating whenever we want it is hard for us to recognize true hunger. And our brains & hormones work on us to try to get us to go back to what we're doing before. It is VERY important to not get bored. Stay occupied. Start a project to distract yourself.
  • Quote: Yeah, I'm not on bored with his plan, and it's not working for him, but there's no arguing with him. I know men and women are different, I just don't think he gets what I'm doing all the time, but he can't deny that I'm losing weight and he isn't. It's just frustrating because on the outside he's supportive of my diet and what I'm doing, but then he initiates these conversations about how he could give me a better diet with cheat days blah blah.. so it seems unsupportive.
    I'm hear ya. My husband calls IP food "powders and paste" but he does cook my dinner totally on plan which is awesome. He also is overweight and has yet to find what works for him. He will go thru phases of skipping meals etc. I have to say that since I weigh less then him he is trying harder . He is also very proud of my success but he is a real foodie so IP is not for him.

After reading the posts this morning I feel inspired to spring clean this week.

Have a great weekend.
  • Beck Book
    I've ordered the Beck book, it will arrive on Tuesday. I want to see what you gals have been talking about.

I used to buy cook books and how-to-diet books.

Just finished Kessler's book, The End of Overeating.
    Now that I understand how "food" is processed to make us crave it, I will not eat processed food from box again. Don't buy any foods with commercials.

I will also avoid chain restaurants. Those chains par cook menu items at their factory (usually deep fried) then warm them at restaurant by deep frying. And when you see "crispy green beans" at Appleby's, those are deep fried.

Interesting and scary book.

Ok, climbing off my soap box. :-)
  • Hi!

I've been trying to reboot. I did well until I got sick, sinus infection. This long, cold winter Chicago is having, combined with illness makes salad very unappealing. But once I got better I was doing okay. Then I got a little intestinal thing. I think the fiber, etc. I take for regularity got all clogged up. After that I couldn't eat anything (good!) but eventually needed something in my stomach and the only thing that appealed to me were carbs. This was bad because I'm such a carb/sugar addict. It was like a heroine addict just having a little bit to feel better. So I went on a major binge. Gained 4 of the 6 lbs. that I lost in my reboot. !*%! So I was back on yesterday. Sorry I'm giving so much detail.

I wanted to thank Lisa for posting the new phase 1 guide. You made it so succinct and perfect. I had a feeling the apple cinnamon puffs were restricted. So yesterday I was't really on plan cuz I had 3 bags of those! But still, I didn't have any of the crack cocaine, I mean sugar/fat junk, that I had binged on.

Pukka- one of the things I have found is that if it is too early for my next meal or snack is look at the clock and tell myself to wait 15 minutes. And if I'm doing something boring (like cleaning or laundry) I take break and do something that I enjoy that is not eating. For me it is usually sudokus (a complete time waster) while watching a guilty pleasure T.V. show. Then sometimes during the TV I can start to fold the laundry or hang things up. But there are certain times, especialy in the beginning when I just have to put the diet first. If that means something doesn't get clean, oh well. Sorry this is so much information!
  • Hi again.

I found the Beck book very helpful too. You can use it with any diet. I briefly went to The Beck group here on 3fc, Then on 3fc Iheard about IP. And then an old friend of mine that was visiting had lost a lot of weight - IP. So then I went on it. I never thought I would be able to lose as much weight as I did before IP.

My husband would never eat the "powders" either but he's very supportive of me losing weight. And he does the regular part, dinner with protein, vegetables and salads. He lost 10-15 lbs. himself so he's all for it.

Besides being a carb/fat addict I'm also an emotional eater. I've got a million excuses but sometimes you just need what you need. the thing I learned from one of Bethenny Frankel's book is to just stop! If you've had 3 bites or 3 lbs, don't think, "well, I've blown it. I might as well: 1. keep eating carbs, 2.finish the bag or box, etc." That's what I did unfortunately. Finished the bags!
    I look forward to getting to know you. Good luck everyone!
  • NSV!! I checked my blood pressure this morning and it is way down. Going to the doctor's on Tuesday - hopefully I can start weaning myself off of them. I tried it a few months ago (with the Dr's blessing) but went into a stressful situation at work and it shot back up again. Hopefully this program will do the trick!!

Love that this gives me another reason to stay on program.
  • Great Luv! That's a major victory!
  • So WI at the clinic today, good loss for the 3 weeks-9.6.but the thing that made me happiest was that my bp was 118/74 with no medication

I have had a terrible migraine and stomach issues all of this week. Seriously ready for the headache to go away. Have not felt this bad since my first two weeks of IP when I was in carb withdrawal from Coca Cola. Have had to force myself to eat OP, because I would rather not eat at all. Have been getting in my salt and water. Ugh!
  • I'm hoping to be off plan before sick season rolls in around here again. I don't know how anyone stays op when they are sick. I usually don't get too many stomach bugs.
  • It's funny...without me snacking here and there all day, I ended up getting a bunch of stuff done around the house. Plus, I do need to keep busy so I don't think about snacking! :-) I like this IP...lose weight and get organized! What a nice combination!
  • Quote: He's definitely not keeping his foods stashed. He can't even keep his drinking to himself and he knows the hardest part for me is not having a glass of wine! Honestly there aren't a lot of foods I miss, an occasional pasta but not really, but I really can't wait to drink a glass of moscato again lol
    I have to share- I used to LOVE moscato and even sweeter whites, like ice wine. Anything with TONS of residual sugar. I enjoyed a light red here or there, but moscato was my wine of choice and reisling was a close second. After phasing off for the holidays, I found that most whites were SUPER unappealing. They were way too sweet! Ugh. Now I stick with red blends when I have wine.

Quote: NSV!! I checked my blood pressure this morning and it is way down. Going to the doctor's on Tuesday - hopefully I can start weaning myself off of them. I tried it a few months ago (with the Dr's blessing) but went into a stressful situation at work and it shot back up again. Hopefully this program will do the trick!!

Love that this gives me another reason to stay on program.
    Congrats! That is a super NSV!

Quote: So WI at the clinic today, good loss for the 3 weeks-9.6.but the thing that made me happiest was that my bp was 118/74 with no medication

I have had a terrible migraine and stomach issues all of this week. Seriously ready for the headache to go away. Have not felt this bad since my first two weeks of IP when I was in carb withdrawal from Coca Cola. Have had to force myself to eat OP, because I would rather not eat at all. Have been getting in my salt and water. Ugh!
    Excellent BP! I sure hope your migraines and tummy issues improve quickly. Feel better!
  • Quote: It's funny...without me snacking here and there all day, I ended up getting a bunch of stuff done around the house. Plus, I do need to keep busy so I don't think about snacking! :-) I like this IP...lose weight and get organized! What a nice combination!
    Isn't that the truth! I know that I used to snack out of boredom,not because I was hungry. IP has really made me analyze how I am really feeling, hungry, bored, tired, thirsty. Its amazing how a person can eat mindlessly. I now know that most of the time I'm not hungry and get busy doing something and forget about wanting to eat! And if I am hungry, then I make a good choice based on how it'll make me feel and if its healthy and OP.
  • My trunk and the back seat of my car are loaded for donating tomorrow to my local thrift shop. what a productive day! Planning on grocery shopping tomorrow then doing nothing else all day!