Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2014, 07:50 AM   #1  

Arrow IP Weekend Chat Sat 3/8 - Sun 3/9/2014

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on plan

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads,
and here are the most recent Ideal Protein Protocol sheets

And before you cheat, read this thread:
The Real Cost of Cheating on Ideal Protein

Before starting new threads: spend some time reading the forum. Most new threads are duplicates, triplicates, quadruplicates. Folks who are the most successful, make time for research/reading.

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4
Tips and Recipes from the Incredible Weight Loss Center

For those looking for alternative products

Here is a thread with tons of info. Spend some time in it. http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...phase-1-a.html
And here is a link to a chart to help you choose appropriate products

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting:
The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos
Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-08-2014, 07:57 AM   #2  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

My goal for the weekend is to get an early start on spring cleaning and take at least three big bags of unneeded items to the local thrift shop! Love the feeling of de-cluttering.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:05 AM   #3  

Susie: that's my goal for the upcoming week! I have stuff piling up that shouldn't be. Spring cleaning on Spring Break (too early! We just had a snow say Monday!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I always go grocery shopping Friday after work since my diet week starts on Saturday. Today it took forever because I was reading labels so closely. This is going to take some learning!
Have you read the whole phase 3 breakfast thread? So many helpful recipes in it, I didn't need to do much "figuring" except to change out some of the gluten containing items for a gluten-free alternative.
I started making my own yogurt when I started p3. So easy, less $$, and I control what's in it.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:20 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

I will be doing cleaning, too. We have sold our house (cleaning...) then moving into a rental (cleaning). The only thing worse will be the packing and unpacking. Also trying to get our 14 year old dog comfortable a s our house with a lake, ducks, geese, squirrels and stuff is the only home she has known.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:24 AM   #5  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Was planning on spring cleaning but my back is kicking up a fuss so may take it kind of easy on it today.

schenectady - so exciting about your house! Since you'll be moving again fairly soon I assume you aren't going to unpack everything? And why are we up so early this morning?
Old 03-08-2014, 08:25 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Susie: that's my goal for the upcoming week! I have stuff piling up that shouldn't be. Spring cleaning on Spring Break (too early! We just had a snow say Monday!)

Have you read the whole phase 3 breakfast thread? So many helpful recipes in it, I didn't need to do much "figuring" except to change out some of the gluten containing items for a gluten-free alternative.
I started making my own yogurt when I started p3. So easy, less $$, and I control what's in it.
I just am not big on recipes, and cooking in general, although in a less busy life I would like to become better. It does not help that hubby is very resistant to anything new. When we were in Chicago, his chicken came with a spinach mix and he "bravely" tried a piece.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:27 AM   #7  

I just looked for the phase 3 recipe thread, not sure where it is. Also, anything for breakfast must be portable. I swim early in the morning and cannot come home because I live too far from the pool. So breakfast is at my desk 5 days a week.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
Was planning on spring cleaning but my back is kicking up a fuss so may take it kind of easy on it today.
My back has been so much better but I can relate! Take care of yourself.

It was the approx 9 mo of PT that finally worked. But I can still tell the pain is still right under the surface. If I overdo, I get little painful movements and points. It sure keeps me doing my PT homework on a regular basis. I'm just glad I'm not shelling out $100/week for copays anymore
Old 03-08-2014, 08:30 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

RuthAnn..I am lying in bed watching the Sun rise over the water in Orlando, Florida! Total coincidence that our house sold on Tuesday and we flew out Wednesday!
About 90% of our stuff will remain in boxes. We are looking upon this as a gypsy adventure, camping out for nine months....fitting in our son's wedding in October. We just accept that every week brings different things.
If luck is really with us we might be in our new Suncadia home for Christmas.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:34 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by drd1961 View Post
I just looked for the phase 3 recipe thread, not sure where it is. Also, anything for breakfast must be portable. I swim early in the morning and cannot come home because I live too far from the pool. So breakfast is at my desk 5 days a week.
Here it is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html

Many of the recipes and ideas are things that can be made ahead & heated.
It's a big thread but def take some time to read & copy/paste appealing ideas. Hugely helpful and made p3 not nearly as daunting.
Old 03-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #11  
Started IP 04/22/2013

S/C/G: 257/130/150

Height: 5"1 1/2' (almost)

Quote:
My back has been so much better but I can relate! Take care of yourself.

It was the approx 9 mo of PT that finally worked. But I can still tell the pain is still right under the surface. If I overdo, I get little painful movements and points. It sure keeps me doing my PT homework on a regular basis. I'm just glad I'm not shelling out $100/week for copays anymore
I'm doing the PT exercises - especially the stretches, they actually feel good. Lots of ice today. They warned me that I would have good days and bad days but I'm hoping soon it will be more good than bad. My insurance covers an absurdly small amount of the cost so it's great motivation for me to do what I am supposed to!

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
RuthAnn..I am lying in bed watching the Sun rise over the water in Orlando, Florida! Total coincidence that our house sold on Tuesday and we flew out Wednesday!
About 90% of our stuff will remain in boxes. We are looking upon this as a gypsy adventure, camping out for nine months....fitting in our son's wedding in October. We just accept that every week brings different things.
If luck is really with us we might be in our new Suncadia home for Christmas.
Oh, I want to watch the sunrise from my bed! Bet you can't wait to get into the new home, although "camping out" can be fun too. When we moved here we didn't unpack anything but essentials for the first year until we bought our house - I was so glad to get somewhere "permanent."
Old 03-08-2014, 08:39 AM   #12  

Default Beck Diet Solution Weekend Warmup

"If you want to lose weight, staying on track during the weekend is just as important as being on track during the week. There is not a huge difference calorie-wise between losing weight and maintaining your weight, and it’s very easy to cross that line on the weekends. This weekend – don’t cross that line! Stay on track and keep your momentum going."
Old 03-08-2014, 09:05 AM   #13  

Quote:
Here it is http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...ast-ideas.html

Many of the recipes and ideas are things that can be made ahead & heated.
It's a big thread but def take some time to read & copy/paste appealing ideas. Hugely helpful and made p3 not nearly as daunting.
Thanks, bookmarked that puppy!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:07 AM   #14  

Quote:
"If you want to lose weight, staying on track during the weekend is just as important as being on track during the week. There is not a huge difference calorie-wise between losing weight and maintaining your weight, and it’s very easy to cross that line on the weekends. This weekend – don’t cross that line! Stay on track and keep your momentum going."
I agree with this so much. I think one thing that has helped me keep on track all along is that Saturday is day one in my diet week. Mentally I always felt that I needed to be true at the beginning of my week, so weekend food partying was out!
Old 03-08-2014, 09:11 AM   #15  

I just glanced at that thread and I think I did pretty good on my grocery selection. It helps that my coach is wonderful and actually went a bit over into her lunch yesterday to make sure I was good and told me what type of things at the grocery store next to the clinic to look for!
Closed Thread