Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2014, 03:50 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
Belize! Wow! That sounds awesome.
I have traveled while staying OP. It helped me to have my own kitchen where i stayed. And then I make the trip NOT about food, but about the trip! The people, the culture, the weather!
When will you be going?
We are going in July. Its a ways away I realize but certainly something I am looking forward to. I don't plan on being OP during our trip...hopefully I will get to goal by then. I am thinking about 15lbs...I hope to be done soon at least within a month and a half. I always find doing phase 1 really hard. I have heats of feeling really good and then having body aches, sleeplessness, and also some anxiety which I think some of the products cause. Where did you travel to while OP?
Old 02-07-2014, 04:15 PM   #32  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunflwr816 View Post
Can anyone tell me the approximate amount of calories you eat in a day on P1 of IP? I've been logging my calories on MyFitnessPal before starting IP and decided to see what today's meals came too. I'm a little shocked that it's only 920 cals!
usually 8-900 calories but these are approximates and not cut-and-dried numbers
50% protein
30% fat
20% carbs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delgen View Post
That is hard. Good to know what you should not order!
I got hooked on Quest Bars. I think that is how things got out of hand for me over the summer. I just ate them like nothing, and i gained a bunch over the last 6-9 months. I did great until then. It was like...well it's a legal food--I can have as much as I want.
Who said that? The old me? Get her behind me!!!
They ARE addictive.
I ate too many when I wasn't on P1. Luckily still maintained but see what a problem it can be and also see that IP didn't "cure" my overeating behaviors. I need to remember every day that something inside me would send me "back there" if I let it.

Last edited by lisa32989; 02-07-2014 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 04:33 PM   #33  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Happy Friday!

Hi, everyone!

So thrilled to have made it through the first week of Feb.! It seems like such a milestone to me, to have January plus a week of February behind me. I don't know, I guess it really feels like Spring will get here eventually.

Rough day today- craving dessert. Hubby wanted to go to Outback, but I told him I don't feel like I have the willpower. Better to stay home where there is no cheesecake LOL! Maybe we can go have steak tomorrow night.

I hope everyone has a super weekend! Off to get some grading done.

Renee
Old 02-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 199/ticker!/135

Height: 5'7"

Good evening! I'm a bit discouraged. It's week two since coming back OP and the scale moved 0 this week. No inches lost either. I keep reading that you just have to stick it out and eventually it'll happen, but it's just really not that encouraging. As posted previously, I think I am going to go back to my clinic and get IP products instead of the alternatives (which I've double checked everything I'm using in the forums to be ok and IP friendly). Has anyone else had an issue like this restarting IP?
Week 1 I lost 2 lbs. Week 2 lost 0...
Any advice?
Old 02-07-2014, 06:15 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by athena4791 View Post
Good evening! I'm a bit discouraged. It's week two since coming back OP and the scale moved 0 this week. No inches lost either. I keep reading that you just have to stick it out and eventually it'll happen, but it's just really not that encouraging. As posted previously, I think I am going to go back to my clinic and get IP products instead of the alternatives (which I've double checked everything I'm using in the forums to be ok and IP friendly). Has anyone else had an issue like this restarting IP?
Week 1 I lost 2 lbs. Week 2 lost 0...
Any advice?
Athena,
Look at my stats. Save the money, I lose the same whether I am using IP product or alternatives, some people just lose slower. You look fairly young in your pic, so post meno probably isn't the culprit. Are you Hypothyroid? Diabetic? or are you exercising without eating extra? Don't give up, you'll thank me. lol. Forward, march
Oh you might be approaching a Normal BMI too

Last edited by Bellamack; 02-07-2014 at 06:16 PM.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:36 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Quest bars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
They ARE addictive.
I ate too many when I wasn't on P1. Luckily still maintained but see what a problem it can be and also see that IP didn't "cure" my overeating behaviors. I need to remember every day that something inside me would send me "back there" if I let it.
Lisa - I was saddened to discover, too, that IP did not cure some of my old behaviors. I know now that I must restrict and limit the food around me so that when I am tired, mad, sad, depressed, whatever, I do not rely on yummier, but legal things like Quest bars. I know it would be too big a challenge for me.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:40 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 169/153.8/135

Height: 5'3"

good evening - just had my week 2 weigh in and lost 2 lbs this week - total 4.8 lbs - not a lot but I'll take it , I do feel great
Old 02-07-2014, 07:19 PM   #38  

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureen kempster View Post
good evening - just had my week 2 weigh in and lost 2 lbs this week - total 4.8 lbs - not a lot but I'll take it , I do feel great
Wanna trade?
Celebrate those losses big & not-so-big.
Old 02-07-2014, 07:23 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 190/137.5/140

Height: 5-4

Hey, better than no pounds. You are almost 5 pounds closer! One day at a time.

Since my coach had my supplementing extra because of my swimming and weight lifting I actually average about 1200-1300 calories a day. I know this is not normal, but I am losing, am in ketosis, and do not have cravings. The nice thing is I seem to have increased muscle and strength, so hopefully will be able to maintain at a reasonable amount of calories. Time will tell. I really love eating lots of veggies and proteins and really do not crave the sweets like I used to. I never got into chips, so that is a non issue.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:23 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 166/ticker/120

Height: 5'5

So I remember reading awhile ago that some people really don't like Turkey burgers, but I've found the secret ingredient that makes them perfect for breakfast. WF Syrup! It tastes just like breakfast sausage! One patty, 2-3 eggs, its breakfast for dinner! Yum!
Old 02-07-2014, 08:41 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Watching the opening ceremonies of the Olympics and do far pretty impressive.

Down 1 lbs this week and and inch on my hips.
Old 02-07-2014, 09:58 PM   #42  

S/C/G: 199/ticker!/135

Height: 5'7"

@Bellamack I'm 30 (almost 31) I have an African Dance and Drumming class I do on Tuesdays, but I get an extra protein shake in that day. Other than that zero exercise. I completely forgot about the EVOO until I went over the protocol sheets again today, not sure if that would slow it down. No diabetes or any other ailment to my knowledge ( I was extensively tested for all sorts of things last year uhhhggg). I'm 5'7" I might be nearing a normal BMI, but I hate my tummy... It's squishy and I have to know what to wear to hide it well. I was a size 5/6 before I had my daughter, now am a 10/12.
I did great OP the first time around! Lost 30 lbs easily then stopped dead in my tracks.... I got discouraged after a month of no weight loss. Kept thinking "Why am I doing this again??" Half was with IP products, the last half was with alternatives. I thought maybe a break would help. Gained 4 pounds over 6 months and came back. I was expecting a bigger number the first week, but I thought "that's okay; there's next week". Next week came and it's nothing!
Maybe I'm complaining waaaay to early in restarting, just seemed uncharacteristic from everything else I've read when people come back.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:26 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandc2006 View Post
@ info please from yesterdays post on the IP chat thread that is now closed...

I am doing the restart to definitely get off the lbs that I have gained and get back into my clothes. I can get into them now but they just feel different and I don't like that. Also, something I have been battling for what seems forever is to stay on and strive to get down to 120-125. I am usually hovering at the 135-138 area and while I feel decent, I think I would feel and look better with a few more lbs off. When I started IP Oct 12' I was weighing around 165 so by the time I got to 135 I was mentally and physically wiped out. Since I don't have as much to loose maybe I will push on but I am not sure as I have heard that it can be a real doozey as the closer you get to goal the harder it is to get off. I guess I will see how it goes right. If you don't mind me asking, what was your original starting weight? How long did it take you, etc.

It really is hard to do all this...hard to maintain, hard to diet, etc. It just sucks! BUT, it is worth it!
My original starting weight was 194.4/44.5%BF. It took 38 weeks to get down to 120.4/22.04%BF, where I phased off. (I lost weight and BF% in the first month of P4 and even had 4 weigh-ins in a row at 117.9 with a BF at about 21%). In January of 2013 I was at 120.3, so not enough to reset and my coach was at a clinic that sold alternatives and not IP. I just didn't like the new vibe so I quite going buy had accountability thru a trainer at the gym.

So, are the last 10 lbs the worst?
Prior 8 weeks: 12.6lbs
Last 8 weeks: 12.4lbs (with 6x/week workouts plus extra packet)

I was a slower loser on the program, so I learned to be thrilled with anything close to 2 lb (after pouting over not losing the promised 3 lbs per week at about week 7).

It is still work to maintain on P4, but I think I appreciate how livable it is compared to the work of p2 (yep, I hate p2).
Old 02-08-2014, 12:28 AM   #44  

lisa 32989,
Don't mean to hijack the daily thread...
On 10/15/13 you posted what looks to be the reset rules direct from the manual. I was fine in October so I didn't pay attention ; )

Part of what it said was that a reset only lasts 4 weeks if you are resetting within 15% of your weight lost (75 x .15=11.25lb, check), no more than 2 weeks on Phase 1 then Phase 2 and 3 for a minimum of 2 days each and a maximum of 1 week each. My coach has indicated TWO (tortuous) weeks on Phase 2 and 2 weeks on Phase 3.

Was the material you quoted recent? I want to maintain the weight dropped but I don't want to do any metabolic damage by staying on longer than required. My coach will ask her trainer any questions I have that she isn't familiar with, but I wanted to do a crosscheck with your information first.

Thank you!

And now back to your regularly scheduled thread...
Old 02-08-2014, 02:23 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 236.4 /217.4 / 153

Height: 5' 7.5"

At least you tried. I know you are concerned about not having enough variety. Maybe we can work up some type of plan where we cook for each other once or twice a week. You're in the store all the time. We could swap....and we have to check out all the weird veggies I found at the Normandy Market tonight,
Closed Thread