Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 09:23 AM   #16  
Alt Product User

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
A plateau is 4 weeks with no change in weight or inches, not a few days.
Thanks for the details! No jumping for me. So sorry
Old 02-04-2014, 09:32 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanDeNa View Post
Thanks for the details! No jumping for me. So sorry
No need to be sorry!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:45 AM   #18  
IP started 12/17/2013

S/C/G: 195/163/155

Height: 5'4"

Default Vippysue, I see a coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vippysue View Post
Just curious.... How many of you on here are doing this program without a coach?
I have been a yoyo dieter my whole life. I was at 165 (my IP goal is 163) three summers ago and gained most of it back over a couple of years. Since I invested that huge chunk of cash at my first IP WI, I plan to get my money's worth. I need a coach to keep me on track after I lose the weight.

As long as I stay OP, I can see my coach when on P4 and forever.Or that's the story.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 AM   #19  
finale

S/C/G: 241 11/13/13, GW 180

Height: 5' 3"

Good morning fellow IP's I have been trying to get back on track I slid off at the superbowl party and I got back OP yesterday. I vow to quit this from now on I work to hard to see the scale move and now I have to take off 4 pounds that I put on due to eating bad on Sunday.
My husband and I are traveling to Grand Forks on Thursday, I teach a class on Friday and Saturday and the highlight of the weekend is going to a UND hockey game Friday. I am already thinking I'm putting my lemon in my pocket and getting an ice water at the game. I am going to eat a good for IP dinner prior to the game and have plans to keep a shake in my coat pocket also.
I am going to go and by a rotissery chicken for the trip and de bone it prior to our departure. I love deboning these and keeping the meat in a container in the fridge at work it makes for a great snack.
I am going to make sure to get my workout in hopefully the hotel has a fitness room.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:10 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Welcome back

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Good morning everyone!
The best part of the whole vacation was being able to do so much more than I did the last time we were there - starting with sitting on the plane comfortably. Swimming, walking tours, snorkelling - all were so much better with 60+ less pounds on me. I was much more confident wearing a bathing suit (no bikini on this one just yet) and even wearing shorts and sleeveless tops.

Jo
We are glad that you are back from your trip. I was particularly happy to read how much better the travel was now that you have lost so much weight. My husband and I will be going to Florida in early March and I look forward to being able to sit in the plane without invading my neighbor's seat space! I know that when I used to travel in on Southwest (love them), I always had a good chance of the seat in the middle being left because as passengers came on to scout out a seat, they never wanted to choose the one left next to a BIG lady! Good and bad....
Old 02-04-2014, 10:23 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 178/155/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Just curious.... How many of you on here are doing this program without a coach?
No coach for me. My schedule is really hectic right now, so I can't see myself fitting in weigh-ins and meetings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanDeNa View Post
I think I'm hitting a plateau(nearing the end of wk #4) as I haven't lossed any weight in a few days. But I'll wait the entire week before jumping to conclusions.
I also just ended week four and the weight loss has slowed a bit. I think that's pretty typical, so I'm not too worried. If you look in lots of folks' signatures, you'll see that weight loss can fluctuate dramatically from week to week.

I'm just going to rein things in a bit to make sure I'm staying on track: measuring the milk in my morning tea so I'm not over-pouring, weighing my meat at dinner instead of eyeballing it, and giving up the evening Quest bars in favor of a shake (which I happen to enjoy just as much). I think I may have got a bit loosey-goosey with the little details and getting them back under control will help to kick-start the losses again.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:27 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinny View Post
I'm just going to rein things in a bit to make sure I'm staying on track: measuring the milk in my morning tea so I'm not over-pouring, weighing my meat at dinner instead of eyeballing it, and giving up the evening Quest bars in favor of a shake (which I happen to enjoy just as much). I think I may have got a bit loosey-goosey with the little details and getting them back under control will help to kick-start the losses again.
Trinny - I am glad that you posted this because I think it reminds us of something we all may deal with - being loosey-goosey with measurements. We get so used to what we are eating but maybe not the amount and then wonder why we are slow.

Thank you for this reminder because I will be doing the same - weigh that meat for me, particularly, 'cause I do not think I am overdoing the veggies!
Old 02-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

I had a coach the first time around, it was good to help me understand everything, but I think for myself the motivation has to come from inside me.....I think to myself....summer is coming and I want to wear pretty things and buy some sexy sport gear for my bike....summer is so much more pleasant when I am not the fattest person around..
Old 02-04-2014, 10:35 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 224.4/219.0/150

Height: 5 ft 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Trinny - I am glad that you posted this because I think it reminds us of something we all may deal with - being loosey-goosey with measurements. We get so used to what we are eating but maybe not the amount and then wonder why we are slow.

Thank you for this reminder because I will be doing the same - weigh that meat for me, particularly, 'cause I do not think I am overdoing the veggies!
I try to always measure, seems if i do not the portions get larger lol maybe the veggie portions even smaller lol
Old 02-04-2014, 11:05 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 273.5/251/245

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by nacygirl1 View Post
All of the alternative Protidiet items I ordered from Nashua Nutrition are really good except...the chili & the spaghetinni...not so good.
Yes, I really didn't like those 2 either. It was a disappointment, given that I was looking for more "meal-like" products.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:08 AM   #26  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Good morning everyone! I am back from Mexico! Had a great time, weather was fabulous (especially compared to here, lol!), the resort we stayed at was gorgeous, the beach was beautiful and we had so much fun.

The best part of the whole vacation was being able to do so much more than I did the last time we were there - starting with sitting on the plane comfortably. Swimming, walking tours, snorkelling - all were so much better with 60+ less pounds on me. I was much more confident wearing a bathing suit (no bikini on this one just yet) and even wearing shorts and sleeveless tops.

Anyway, back at P1 this morning - started off with a crispy cereal pancake and I have my lunch (a big salad with some peppers, radishes and chopped broccoli and a protein shake) ready to go. I am meeting with my coach at lunch today for a WI - I know I've gained some because my clothes feel different but I don't think it's a huge amount. I also think I want to change my goal weight but I'll talk to her about that too. So, I'll update my stats after lunch.

Hope everybody has been well over the past week - missed "chatting" with you all!

Jo
Sitting on a plane comfortably sounds like a real NSV! Great job!
Old 02-04-2014, 11:09 AM   #27  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
I wouldn't call my 'coach' a 'coach'. She sells my protein. Because I make pennies being an intern right now, my parents are so wonderful and paying for my protein packets. I talked to Mama about switching to alts, and her response was that I need to do it the IP way so that there are no excuses as to why it may be coming off slower or not working as well. She realizes that my support system is found here and not at the clinic. I just let it be. Thankful that I 1. have parents willing to help me and 2. Have a support system (that's yall!) through all of this!

Regarding Bubbies, I think they have a different taste completely. Usually when I bit into a pickle, I squirmed a bit to get used to the taste. With Bubbies, I want to eat it like candy and eat the whole jar! Which could get very expensive. I haven't been eating them this past week and have definitely noticed a difference.

On another note, My TOM is approaching and for the first time I'm experiencing a 'bloating' feeling in my abdomen. I guess for so many years, it's always been covered up by my fat and other carb bloating? Does that make sense? I was talking to my cousin about it and she was thinking...maybe it's just because i'm getting closer into a normal weight range? Not sure.
How awesome to have such great family support! I am really happy for you.
Old 02-04-2014, 11:14 AM   #28  

Quote:
There is not an IP clinic in my area, so I just have 3FC forum as my "coach". I am very grateful to everyone here for that! Given that there is such a huge variation in the quality of training given to and education given by the "real" coaches, I am glad that I have not had to deal with questioning whether I was working with someone that would really benefit me.

What about you?
Old 02-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0ojoyo0 View Post
All this talk about Bubbies, I think I need to get some. How does the taste compare to Mt. Olive no sugar added pickles?
Totally different
First, the no sugar added ones are sweet.
Bubbies are dill.
Second, they are pickled differently. No vinegar. Natural brine. Natural probiotics.
Old 02-04-2014, 01:59 PM   #30  

S/C/G: restart: 212/196.4/150

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Totally different
First, the no sugar added ones are sweet.
Bubbies are dill.
Second, they are pickled differently. No vinegar. Natural brine. Natural probiotics.
I think Bubbies are marvelous! And their sauerkraut is great, too.

I would love the recipe if you think it turns out well. Where are you going to get pickling cukes this time of year?

I have an absolutely terrible cold. Ugh. I am having to resist the temptation to eat --you know the kind of eating that you do to try to add a little pleasure in the midst of suckiness? That's the kind I tend to do when I am sick. Feels good to resist!

I am so glad we are approaching spring and the price of asparagus is making its way down. It's one of my favorite veggies: sautéed, steamed, roasted...so good! Another favorite veggie lately has been roasted whole mushrooms, so great with pork roast or steak, so little preparation!
Closed Thread