Old 01-14-2014, 11:05 AM   #16  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

I'm enjoying this thread because I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one doing the program using a limited list of the available IP foods! My go-tos are the chocolate drink, the wildberry yogurt drink, vanilla drink, caramel nut bars and chicken noodle soup. Occasionally I'll go a bit wild and have the Dill Pickle Zippers. Keep at it, you'll find your groove.
GettinHealthyNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:14 AM   #17  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

A lot of the packets weren't appealing to me at first since I still had the taste of unhealthy food on my tongue, but a few weeks in with a cleansed palate, everything tastes good now, as well as vegetables and other stuff I didn't like before, such as mustard. It's amazing what you can grow to love when you are eating healthy and don't have recent poor diet choices affecting the way things taste.
shrinkingsusie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 12:43 PM   #18  
Started IP Alts 1/3/16

S/C/G: 265/Ticker/150

Height: 5'3"

It takes a little while to get your taste buds adjusted to the IP meals. Hopefully you got a bunch of samples when you signed up. Try all of them, some may surprise you and actually be tasty.
Greyfaery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:10 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 214/211/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
I'm enjoying this thread because I'm relieved to see I'm not the only one doing the program using a limited list of the available IP foods! My go-tos are the chocolate drink, the wildberry yogurt drink, vanilla drink, caramel nut bars and chicken noodle soup. Occasionally I'll go a bit wild and have the Dill Pickle Zippers. Keep at it, you'll find your groove.
These were my exact favorites to. I do alternatives this time around, but can get basically the same things from Nashua Nutrition.

Every morning is cold pressed coffee (some yummy flavor) in a chocolate drink, over ice....Yum
Bellamack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:24 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 328/289/220

Height: 6'1"

Not to sound like a echo of the other replies but this diet offers enough variety so that you aren't bored with the food options. You'll need to find the best thing for you but keep with it and you'll find something that works. I personally can't live without Primer Protein RTD shakes and Quest Bars.

Once you figure it out you'll fly on this diet.

PS- the soups are nasty... Leek soup is by for the worst thing I've ever eaten and what I imagine Soylent Green to taste like. So proteiny... soo goopy... bleh
Shingen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:30 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 228.2/189/135

Height: 5'3"

Kimmie - keep on trying different products - dont give up. Everyone has their own tastes and find what they can work with. For me, the ultimate goal of finally losing this weight helped me to tolerate some of the food choices. Just pick the ones that work for you and stick with them - the results will be your biggest motivator! Good Luck and keep us posted!
All4Me&You&Our3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 01:35 PM   #22  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

For me I used a very limited amount of IP foods. Trying to doctor the foods to make them more pleasing to the palate did not work either.

What worked for me was being very honest .... And I told myself ,this is how I became fat ..,eating everything that tasted good!

Reined in my inner child , and reached goal doing IP, like some others have posted with very limited selections.
Everyone is different some of us are more adventurous and creative when using IP products. I like simplicity , and that's how I approached losing the weight on IP and it worked for me just like my Coach said it would.
I did not fight the process or try to bargain or complain and I found myself surprised how fast I got to goal.
I am presently doing a reboot cuz I let my inner child run amuck!
Just like when running a home if the child runs the house havoc will happen!
My inner child went bat crap crazy! now retaking control and putting myself in check and owning and changing behavior.
Sometimes changing inner dialogue with ourself helps put things into prospective...at least that is what worked for me.
Hope this helps and I totally agree with after the 1 st weigh in the food tastes better, nothing tastes better then successful weigh ins!
Good luck on your journey,
Roo2

Last edited by Roo2; 01-14-2014 at 01:37 PM.
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 02:07 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 175/152.6/113

Height: 5'

Kimmie,
This is also my first week on IP. It took me about 3 days to decide what I thought would work for me. I decided on shakes for breakfast and went with the chocolate, vanilla, and wildberry yogurt. For lunch I chose soups and went with the chicken, mushroom, and tomato basil. For the snack I chose three different bars and also the vinegar sea salt ridges. I add an oz. or two extra water to the soups and leftover cooked veggies from a previous dinner. This is my first week so I can't say if I won't change things later. I knew I had to keep things simple and so far I'm glad I did. I helps me to keep all restricted foods in the snack time slot. Good luck in finding what works for you.
mizliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:42 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post
For me I used a very limited amount of IP foods. Trying to doctor the foods to make them more pleasing to the palate did not work either.

What worked for me was being very honest .... And I told myself ,this is how I became fat ..,eating everything that tasted good!

Reined in my inner child , and reached goal doing IP, like some others have posted with very limited selections.
Everyone is different some of us are more adventurous and creative when using IP products. I like simplicity , and that's how I approached losing the weight on IP and it worked for me just like my Coach said it would.
I did not fight the process or try to bargain or complain and I found myself surprised how fast I got to goal.
I am presently doing a reboot cuz I let my inner child run amuck!
Just like when running a home if the child runs the house havoc will happen!
My inner child went bat crap crazy! now retaking control and putting myself in check and owning and changing behavior.
Sometimes changing inner dialogue with ourself helps put things into prospective...at least that is what worked for me.
Hope this helps and I totally agree with after the 1 st weigh in the food tastes better, nothing tastes better then successful weigh ins!
Good luck on your journey,
Roo2
Roo
I love this. I had a friend one time who said "never let the inner child be in charge of the food!, that is a job for the adult"
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:56 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

All you need to find is one IP food that you love.

Totally agree with Avalon.
I'm rotating puddings, chocolate RTD, cappuccino drink mix. that's all. Using Vanilla RTD for my morning coffee in lieu of milk.
You don't need variety to succeed. they all have same content, just a different flavor. I never tried omelets, cereals, soups and have no desire. I stick to what I like. Just had my chocolate RTD and it so delish.
masenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:59 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 160/tracker/125

Wildberry yougurt is awesome with ice cubes and a little water in the blender. OMG - what a treat!!
masenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:02 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

My very first day I wanted to throw up also. I had been eating horrible over the holidays and I was used to sweets and carbs. There at still quite a few things that I don't like. But the most important thing is after the first week I've been having to force myself to eat. I love the puddings and most of the soups. I discovered rutabaga fries and am excited to try jicama ones. Seems like everyday I find something I want to try. The wafers are really good. I had the orange ones. The vanilla drink I will add a little vanilla stevia to and add pumpkin spice. I finally tried Big Mac in a bowl and absolutely loved it. You're just going to have to try different things. I don't have soups everyday for lunch I try to mix it up a little. After the first week like everyone else is saying it gets so much easier. I am on week three and am totally content.
SarahJ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:03 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 199/199/150

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by masenki View Post
Wildberry yougurt is awesome with ice cubes and a little water in the blender. OMG - what a treat!!
I need to try this! This is one of my favorite drinks. Thanks!
SarahJ86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:38 PM   #29  
Fat Kimmie

S/C/G: 197.5/189/140

Height: 5'5

wow. thanks for all the replies. my coach let me swap out some packets today which was really nice. and I discovered that I really like the ready made mango. I also got nutritional facts on each item which is interesting. at least now I know I will fare a bit better for the rest of the week.
Kimmie in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:55 PM   #30  
maintaining since 9/2013

So glad to hear it Kimmie. That mango drink is really good.
mars735 is offline   Reply With Quote