Closed Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #31  

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmuroff1 View Post
couldn't really find alternatives to the vitamins so I just bought the IP ones. I told them i was doing alternative and they told me that it's not as affective, is that true? Because it's not the actual program...has alternatives not worked for people? Im just in a financial hardship and can't spend $21 a box right now.
For the first month, I used the vitamins from IP. Then I took the bottles to Walmart and Sam's and found their brands with comparable values. Been using them ever since. Another great place to check out foot alternatives is Netrition.com. You can find a lot of comparable products there.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #32  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
I am a newbie day 10 of ip. I love reading everything I can on this forum! I am thrilled with the plan and plan to stick with it thru maintenance. This Saturday will be my first real challenge-I am going to a baby shower for my first grandchild (a grandson) and its out of town. I can handle restaurants-what are your tips for handling social occasions at someone's home! I am committed to sticking to the plan and could use all your words of wisdom and advise-Since we will be in a hotel overnight-I know I can take a restricted bar for each day but whats easy to do that is unrestricted??
TIA-
if you can't request food of your hosts, I'd take celery and baby cukes and nibble on them, most parties will have a veggie tray, try to hang out there. Also, drink water with slices of lime or lemon, I try to have that on hand whenever I'm out socially. I've also mixed up my shakes at folk's house, I just tell them it's a protein drink, I've never had a problem. I find focusing on the event itself, visiting with other people, ignoring the food was a big 'pivot' for me, and I realize that all my socializing has been about the food! no wonder I got heavy! Staying on IP, I've realized that I need to make the event the event, not the eating and drinking at the event.

Good luck, but you'll be fine!
Old 12-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #33  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well Katie's appt went well. The Dr said its most likely a sprain and gave her. A cortisone shot. That should help, otherwise we'll go back for an MRI.

Going to make some of Scrobett's yummy chili for dinner.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:45 PM   #34  
Just doin' it!

S/C/G: 176/153/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allend428 View Post
For the first month, I used the vitamins from IP. Then I took the bottles to Walmart and Sam's and found their brands with comparable values. Been using them ever since. Another great place to check out foot alternatives is Netrition.com. You can find a lot of comparable products there.
Would love to know names of vitamins. I have searched a lot and cannot find any that have the calcium citrate. They all have the carbonate.
Thanks!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #35  

Quote:
Good morning everyone. Been a while since I've checked in. My mornings are so hectic and then when I get to work I forget to stop by. Hope everyone is doing well!!

I'm starting my 14th week on the plan. I have dropped 73 lbs and only 7 lb to go to my goal. I feel like I have reached a fork in the road. With only 7 lb to go, I am excited. However, part of me feels like I should keep on going. But then I fear if I do, I'll hit a stall. If I decide to keep going, my next goal will be 25lb more to get to an even 200lb. I guess you could equate that to the same thing prisoners fear when the are being released, the fear of freedom. I guess I have fear of freedom from the plan or phase I to the next phase. I do fear putting the weight back on, but I have made up my mind that I will not let myself get back over 240lbs.

In other news, I have been spending a lot of time in my workshop making Christmas presents. Not sure why I don't start earlier and not put so much stress on myself. There's always next year!

Thanksgiving was ok. I stuck to the plan even though there was French Silk pie........
Went to my first holiday party Friday evening. Took my own dinner, ate it and socialized with everyone. Not as bad as I thought. Have a couple more of those down the road.

Hope everyone has a good Monday and week. For those of us that saw snow and ice this weekend, stay WARM!!

Great job!!
Everyone on this site is so supportive and answer questions great. It really helps. Thanks for support. Love reading forum.

Cold here today to, hate going to work and coming home in the dark.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:44 PM   #36  

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jemma51 View Post
An interesting observation I've made here is how differently people carry their weight. I see people post their new sizes of pants they are buying and there weight. I couldn't breath, sit down or have a muffin top with some of the sizes people buy that weigh the same or more than me. Just an observation I've made.

maybe it's because I carry most of my weight in my tummy idk.
Ha! Jemma you read my mind. I was just talking to my Mom about this yesterday. I am quite envious of those people who are around the same weight as me but are wearing size 8's and 10's. I just started fitting into my 12's! I have a big bum and hips though so the waists of my jeans are a bit baggy but often tight in the thighs Probably won't be fitting into my 8's and 10's for another 10-15 lbs. Can't wait!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #37  
Third time's the charm!

S/C/G: 254.8/Ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckaren4 View Post
I am a newbie day 10 of ip. I love reading everything I can on this forum! I am thrilled with the plan and plan to stick with it thru maintenance. This Saturday will be my first real challenge-I am going to a baby shower for my first grandchild (a grandson) and its out of town. I can handle restaurants-what are your tips for handling social occasions at someone's home! I am committed to sticking to the plan and could use all your words of wisdom and advise-Since we will be in a hotel overnight-I know I can take a restricted bar for each day but whats easy to do that is unrestricted??
TIA-
Welcome!!

Offer to bring a veggie tray, that way you know for sure there will be something OP you can eat, and bring extra packets with you just in case.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:43 PM   #38  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliExpat View Post
Today I passed the 40lb mark!!!!!
Yay for you!!! GOOD JOB!!

Quote:
I'm starting my 14th week on the plan. I have dropped 73 lbs and only 7 lb to go to my goal. I feel like I have reached a fork in the road. With only 7 lb to go, I am excited. However, part of me feels like I should keep on going.
Wow!! AWESOME results! I am not in your position, but I agree with Sarita. I would keep going. Your body will likely tell you when you've reached your 'natural', 'set' weight. You will stop losing. As long as you are comfortable continuing - and still losing - why not keep going for awhile longer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
I've been doing the alternatives since 6 weeks in. I've continued to lose weight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I've done alternatives the entire 21/almost 22 weeks I've been OP.
Would you guys share what brands you usually use for your alternatives, and what your typical 'go to's' are as far as the alternative products - both restricted and unrestricted?

I just had my very first "Quest" bar (peanut butter). Wow! Those could be dangerous! They are so dense and just.....good! Good thing I only bought one bar. I know myself well enough to not tempt fate with having more than one on hand.

Quote:
Well Katie's appt went well. The Dr said its most likely a sprain and gave her. A cortisone shot. That should help, otherwise we'll go back for an MRI.
So glad your daughter's results didn't show anything bad. What a tremendous opportunity for her! Hard work pays off!

I've looked at the Phase 1 sheet (link) at the beginning of this thread, and can't find the answer to this question. When you use a flavoring for water, such as Mio, or a flavored water with stevia (0 cal/0 carb), can you subtract that water from your daily requirement, or is the plain water in addition to anything you drink with a flavor additive?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #39  
Third time's the charm!

slownsteady Up until last week, I have been having two premier protein shakes from Costco per day, plus either a detour bar or pure protein bar that I get at Costco as well as a restricted. Last week I started replacing one premier protein shake with a juice packet that I ordered off of Nashua a while back. I also just found the simply chips yesterday, so I will alternate my restricted between those and bars. I have also had simply bars in the past, but find the bars I get at Costco to be the cheapest and tastiest.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #40  
Superhero

S/C/G: 244/230/164

Height: 5'3

Great job ladies!
I go to my IP coach every 10 days or so. No one has given me any trouble for that. Luckily for me they don't force the products at me all the time. I had a lot of products from friends and family given to me. I know I go for the accountability and support.
So far I haven't gone out to eat or spent a lot of money on groceries. I figure my spending is pretty much even.

Sometimes a good talk with your coach on what you can afford is worth it. If they want your business, I think it would be best to comprimise. It's you goals and your money.

Happy Monday !
From the very cold North!
What's a snow day??? I always giggle when I hear this.......We never have snow days here! Just put on better tires and a warmer jacket .
Old 12-09-2013, 09:11 PM   #41  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
slownsteady Up until last week, I have been having two premier protein shakes from Costco per day, plus either a detour bar or pure protein bar that I get at Costco as well as a restricted. Last week I started replacing one premier protein shake with a juice packet that I ordered off of Nashua a while back. I also just found the simply chips yesterday, so I will alternate my restricted between those and bars. I have also had simply bars in the past, but find the bars I get at Costco to be the cheapest and tastiest.
Can I ask the nutrition info on the premier protein bars you use? The ones at my Costco are too high in calories and carbs for IP. I see lots of people posting about using them, just wondering which ones fit the program.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:13 PM   #42  
Renee~ Started IP Aug. 25

S/C/G: 186/136.4/125

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Good news! I hope the cortisone helps and there is no need for an MRI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephascope View Post
Ha! Jemma you read my mind. I was just talking to my Mom about this yesterday. I am quite envious of those people who are around the same weight as me but are wearing size 8's and 10's. I just started fitting into my 12's! I have a big bum and hips though so the waists of my jeans are a bit baggy but often tight in the thighs Probably won't be fitting into my 8's and 10's for another 10-15 lbs. Can't wait!
I am right with you two! I was in twelves till i hit the 140's, and right now I fluctuate between a ten and an eight (mostly 10's). After the holidays, I will do a bit of P1 to take off any holiday weight and maybe get into eights comfortably.

Quote:
Offer to bring a veggie tray, that way you know for sure there will be something OP you can eat, and bring extra packets with you just in case.
Great idea! Also, maybe bring some sparkling water and flavoring to have some "bubbles" and celebrate! Remember, some shrimp cocktail (minus the sauce) is also P1 friendly, and one could bring that to a party if it is not already being offered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinnyChiz View Post
Happy Monday !
From the very cold North!
What's a snow day??? I always giggle when I hear this.......We never have snow days here! Just put on better tires and a warmer jacket .
LOL I do not want to trade places with you, especially after being on this program. I get so cold so easily now! And, as a teacher, I live for snow days!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:28 PM   #43  
Third time's the charm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
Can I ask the nutrition info on the premier protein bars you use? The ones at my Costco are too high in calories and carbs for IP. I see lots of people posting about using them, just wondering which ones fit the program.
The premier protein bars aren't OP. I just get the premier protein RTD shakes and then detour or pure protein bars.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:51 PM   #44  

S/C/G: IP Restart: 181.2/175.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slownsteady View Post
Would you guys share what brands you usually use for your alternatives, and what your typical 'go to's' are as far as the alternative products - both restricted and unrestricted?
I started using alternatives a few weeks ago as well to save some money. I ordered a bunch of things from Nashua - mostly Protidiet, Proti Thin, and Healthsmart. I did a lot of research and looked through the alternative threads to really make sure I was choosing things with similar nutritional values. I like the Protidiet oatmeals (unrestricted) and puddings, and HealthSmart cinnamon cereal (unrestricted). Proti Thin makes a really decent fusilli pasta that's unrestricted, vanilla crispy treats (restricted), and chocolate soy puffs that seem to be identical to the IP ones for a restricted option. I also use Quest bars occasionally.

I am supplementing the Nashua stuff with protein powder from GNC. They have lots to choose from and can help you find a low carb one. I am using Sun Warrior Classic Raw Protein powder in chocolate and vanilla.

Hope this helps!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:56 PM   #45  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

I use the EAS Carbadvantage drinks from SAMs/Costo (two 24 packs lasts me almost a month) and then stuff from Nashua for restricted.
Closed Thread