Old 12-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Default Been at goal...now rebooting

The previous rebooting thread has reached 500 posts so starting a new one.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:20 AM   #2  
knm

S/C/G: 146/146/125

Height: 5'1

I once again failed this weekend. I didn't eat insanely bad, normally when I cheat I indulge in candy and pizza, but had quiche and chili and a caesar salad over the weekend. And even had a couple cookies at the baby shower. I'm sure I gained, but too scared to jump on the scale.
I'm back to P1 today and have come to the conclusion I either have to stick to it even through Christmas and probably NYE, or I'll be going on this trip in January and be feeling very self conscious the entire time. It's my own fault, I had all of November to get back on track and just couldn't stick with it. Now it's down to crunch time.
Hope all of you had a better weekend, as far as staying away from off plan food, than I did!
knm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:01 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 153/134.5/130 (first goal)

Height: 5'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by knm View Post
I once again failed this weekend. I didn't eat insanely bad, normally when I cheat I indulge in candy and pizza, but had quiche and chili and a caesar salad over the weekend. And even had a couple cookies at the baby shower. I'm sure I gained, but too scared to jump on the scale.
I'm back to P1 today and have come to the conclusion I either have to stick to it even through Christmas and probably NYE, or I'll be going on this trip in January and be feeling very self conscious the entire time. It's my own fault, I had all of November to get back on track and just couldn't stick with it. Now it's down to crunch time.
Hope all of you had a better weekend, as far as staying away from off plan food, than I did!
knm don't beat yourself up, you're only human. You still have time to get back on track, still a few weeks left. This time of the year is especially hard on everyone. I had an OK weekend, went to the mall and did all my xmas shopping, only had half a sub at the food court for lunch and then came home and had my supper that I cooked. Normally I would want to eat junk food at the mall like chinese or something so I was happy with that choice.

Then sunday comes around and my brother called us over to eat curry. OMG. Then after the curry I wanted something sweet so I had a small sliver of cheesecake my sister in law made. All and all I could of done worse. You could of done worse too but you didn't.

I have 3 lbs to lose this week but with counting WW pts I doubt I can lose all that. I might be able to drop 1-2 though so will see. I'm not having carbs for supper this week. Only meat and veggies. Rice is my weakness.

You never did answer, when is the wedding in Jan? how much time do you have after xmas?
Sunflower40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #4  
knm

We leave for the wedding on Jan 12th, so not much time if I want to get a week or two of P3 in there!
Old 12-10-2013, 12:43 PM   #5  
knm

Did yesterday's interview go any better Sunflower?

I got through P1 yesterday and starting to feel a bit more like normal already. I have my office Christmas party on Friday night. Hoping I can stay on plan for it!
Old 12-10-2013, 05:22 PM   #6  

Hi knm, glad you got through yesterday.
The interview went really well I thought. Today I got a call from one of my reference checks who said they called for a reference (the interview I had yesterday with the Prov) so perhaps there is a chance I'll get this one.
Buttt I was offered a term position back with the City today and accepted it. I start on Thursday. I'll take whatever comes my way for now. Will wait and see if I get a job offer for this other position, I might consider it if offered.

Just glad to be working again!
My eating hasn't been too bad. I made roasted pork tenderloin with carrots and potatoes yesterday for supper and only had 2 small slivers of potatoes. I had a low cal day yesterday and today I'm having the same for dinner so it's going to be another low cal day, this combined with starting a new job on Thursday I may lose weight this week after all lol.

Oh the dreaded office xmas party - those are soo hard. Are you guys doing a potluck or going out? going out would be much easier I think.
Old 12-10-2013, 05:24 PM   #7  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
The previous rebooting thread has reached 500 posts so starting a new one.
thanks for starting a new thread Patns
How are you doing?
I did end up at WEM on Saturday and honestly it wasn't so bad. Maybe everyone stayed away because of the cold but I thought the crowd was manageable. Bought MOST of my gifts already, just need to get some gift bags from the dollar store. Have you been to the dollarama around xmas timecrazy
Old 12-13-2013, 09:57 PM   #8  

how are you guys doing?
the stress of starting a new job and have a jerk of a Director to report to is making me eat crap
I cannot step on the scale tomorrow, although I might bite the bullet and see. I'm sure the results is going to be BAD.
sigh
Old 12-13-2013, 10:53 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Oh dear, sounds like the new job is not fun Sunflower.

I am trying not to go out and about anymore than I have to, just for work, it is so snowy and cold.

I think I told you my son went through the interview hops with the province too. He "passed" everything,then his name went into a pool they have to draw on when jobs come up. He was offered several but they were not in the city so he stayed with the job he has but will check out what ever else they offer.
So it is good to have the term one during the wait even if it is not what you want to do long term.

This is such a hard time of year to lose weight!
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 11:21 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Oh dear, sounds like the new job is not fun Sunflower.

I am trying not to go out and about anymore than I have to, just for work, it is so snowy and cold.

I think I told you my son went through the interview hops with the province too. He "passed" everything,then his name went into a pool they have to draw on when jobs come up. He was offered several but they were not in the city so he stayed with the job he has but will check out what ever else they offer.
So it is good to have the term one during the wait even if it is not what you want to do long term.

This is such a hard time of year to lose weight!
I knew going in this Director was a jerk but never worked directly with him. I'm finding out first hand. It's only until Jan 17 and he's off for two weeks during xmas, so maybe I'll stick it out. I'm in a pool also, so will be floating around City departments. I was perm for 10 years prior to this, so the adjustment of being non perm is hard.

My weight is slowly creeping up - this week was very stressful. I am up to 144 this morning but vow for it now to cross that this week. I'm going to actually count my pts this week and see if that helps. The last two weeks I really haven't. And to be honest with you I'm quite surprised I haven't gained more than 4 lbs in a month.

Patns, we're the same. The roads are so awful. I hate winter. This is too much so early on. We stay home most times too, except for work.
Old 12-15-2013, 09:53 AM   #11  

Default IP reset/restart

This question has come up before so I thought I'd post the "official" info on the difference between a reset(reboot) and a restart:

IP reset/restart

What is a Re-Set? A re-set is what happens when you have been in maintenance for a minimum of 6 months (more typically a year) . A re-set “re-sets” the pancreas and helps us to maintain our sensitivity to insulin. It is recommended that this is done once a year to prevent those 5-7 pounds of weight gained over the course of a year from becoming 50-70 lbs. A reset is typically not appropriate for those looking to lose more than 10-15lbs. This number will depend on your total weight loss on the program i.e. if you lost 100lbs on the program and you are looking to lose 15lbs of weight gained while on maintenance a re-set would be appropriate -this would equal about 15-16% of your total weight loss any more than that a reset would not be appropriate. If you lost 30lbs while on the program 5 lbs. would be appropriate for a reset- about 15-16% of your total weight loss.

Why? A re-set is an accelerated version of the regular protocol. Phase 1 until you reach your goal (no more than 2 weeks) and then an accelerated phase off minimum of 2 days on phase 2 and phase 3 maximum of 1 week on phase two and phase 3. The goal is to complete the reset within 1 month. An accelerated phase off can only be done when severe calorie restriction (as in phase 1) does not exceeded 2 weeks.

What is a Re-Start? A re-start is what happens if after going on to maintenance you have gained more than 15-16% of the weight you lost while on the program. A re-start would also apply if you are returning to the program to lose some additional weight (exceeding what you would normally be able to lose over the course of 2 weeks) that you had not lost previously while on the program.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:15 PM   #12  
Embracing the suck

S/C/G: 300/234/abs

Height: 6'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
A re-set “re-sets” the pancreas and helps us to maintain our sensitivity to insulin.
Seriously? It's like a diet plan written by L Ron Hubbard...
JohnP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnP View Post
Seriously? It's like a diet plan written by L Ron Hubbard...
What was in italics wasn't my words, it was from IP. I have often taken the info I need and left the rest

Interesting that the overall topic wasn't questioned, just one nit picky detail that wasn't part of the overall topic.
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #14  
knm

Hey patns & Sunflower,
Hope you guys had a good week and weekend. My grandpa passed away last week. First couple days I didn't feel like eating anything, so was easy to stay on plan. Then I felt like eating everything, so the last two days have been pretty bad. Trying to get back on track today. We have lots of leftovers which I've considered just chucking, but I hate to waste food. I might bring some stuff to the office and see if others want it.
Let's hope this week goes better.

Is the new job any better Sunflower?
Old 12-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #15  

Hi knm

So sorry to hear about your granddad. How old was he? It's understandable not wanting to eat and then eating again because you were probably hungry and got your appetite back. Accept my condolences please.

not doing so great here today, I did good all day but tonight had rice and some chocolates for dessert lol

tomorrow will be better, I think
I hate my new boss, but thankfully I'm only there until Jan 17 and he's gone for two weeks during xmas break so it won't be so bad.

I was offered a job with the Prov today for a year term but decided to turn it down. Money is good and benefits/pension and all that but it's another call centre, something I already did for 10 years and I am just tired of it. Going to hold off with this for now, until something I enjoy comes along.

Going to try and be really good tomorrow.....cause if I keep this up I will have more than 10 lbs to lose by my first fitting, which on IP I guess is quite doable. Not killing myself over it anyhow because I know come Jan 2 I'm going 100% with no cheats!! going to kill that Divina dress for my wedding in August

did you order your dress yet?