3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Ideal Protein Diet (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet-236/)
-   -   Maintainers Vol 13 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/ideal-protein-diet/289884-maintainers-vol-13-a.html)

DRegan 12-09-2013 09:36 AM

Hi all!

Looks like I have some great books to put on my Christmas list, lol!
Along with a FITBIT, does anyone have one?
This journey is defintely not over, one day at a time. Love to read
anything that helps me stay focused. thanks

Joined a gym with my DD this weekend, havent done that in like 25
years. It was buy one get one free, no brainer, LOL!! Her friend and
Mom did too, so hopefully we will support eacher, too cold to run in
the winter, burr! Felt good to do different machines, but I'm very sore
today, feels good though, :dizzy:

As far as snacking, I'm am very sugar sensitive, so I try
to stay with 1 fruit a day and lo carb veggies or I see the scale go up
1-2 lbs, sugar inflammation! stinks!! Raw nuts and veggies are my staples for
snacks. Paleo recipes are working best for me. Been making muffins/breads recipes that are very good, also share with family
and theyre amazed no sugar, no wheat. Gotta love it!

Trying to get into the Christmas spirit, lots to do! DS will be home next
week from college, I will put him to work, :dizzy:
I'm so thankful for all the advice here, really keeps me going, THANKS!!:hug:

HAVE A GREAT DAY;)

D

Maxxy 12-09-2013 01:29 PM

Well, I am trying to get the "hang" of maintenance but I am so unsure of everything. Do you track protein, calories, or just follow the phase 4 sheet and add a fat or carb?

I am trying not to overthink all this but I think I am doing more of a phase 3 meal plan. I tried to have a piece of bread a dinner last night and felt so guilty. I know this will be a learning process but I haven't felt this confused through all of the other phases.

What do some of you do for daily meals? Are there any meal plans on this forum just to get ideas of what others do on maintenance. Any help is appreciated. I did so well that I dont' want to run the risk of gaining anything!!

Lizzy63 12-09-2013 08:26 PM

DRegan - good for you for joining the gym! I do not have a fitbit, but I seem to remember Evepet was looking at one. If she's lurking here maybe she'll come out of hiding and share.

Maxxy - I think it is normal to feel unsure.

I still track everything on MFP, even after a year of maintenance. Once you get in the habit, it's easy. Nice to be able to look back after weighing and evaluate too.

My meal plan is basically phase 3, with some extras - how many extras depends on where my weight is. Still love my phase 3 breakfast.

Not sure if this helps, but here is what I had today -
Breakfast - greek yogurt w/ berries and 1/4 c granola, turkey sausage
Lunch - 2 c spinach, 1/2 c yellow pepper, 3 oz leftover steak, hendrickson's dressing
Dinner - 6 oz pork chop w/ some WF BBQ sauce, 2 c broccoli, 1 c baby carrots
Snack - pure protein choc deluxe bar

Light on snacks today - weight is a little over 145...

Maxxy 12-09-2013 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lizzy63 (Post 4897539)
DRegan - good for you for joining the gym! I do not have a fitbit, but I seem to remember Evepet was looking at one. If she's lurking here maybe she'll come out of hiding and share.

Maxxy - I think it is normal to feel unsure.

I still track everything on MFP, even after a year of maintenance. Once you get in the habit, it's easy. Nice to be able to look back after weighing and evaluate too.

My meal plan is basically phase 3, with some extras - how many extras depends on where my weight is. Still love my phase 3 breakfast.

Not sure if this helps, but here is what I had today -
Breakfast - greek yogurt w/ berries and 1/4 c granola, turkey sausage
Lunch - 2 c spinach, 1/2 c yellow pepper, 3 oz leftover steak, hendrickson's dressing
Dinner - 6 oz pork chop w/ some WF BBQ sauce, 2 c broccoli, 1 c baby carrots
Snack - pure protein choc deluxe bar

Light on snacks today - weight is a little over 145...

Yes, thanks this does help. I need to find some kind of bar to replace the IP bars. I am trying to holdback on IP food so that I can move on and not be dependent on IP foods. It's tough when that's all I ate for 5 months.

Here was my day. All comments are welcome....

Breakfast- 1 egg, 1 slice extra lean ham, skinny flatbread, FF cheese, made into breakfast sandwich. Apple, margarine on bread

Lunch- premiere protein shake with spinach, pickles, and a turkey pepperoni stick

Snack- almonds 1/4 cup

Dinner- pork tenderloin, salad, steamed cauliflower and broccoli and 1/4 cup rice.

??? Did I do ok??

Maile 12-10-2013 08:05 AM

Maxxy: That looks like a healthy eating plan to me. The key is to watch and see if what you are eating causes the scale to go up. Basically I just kept eating Phase 3 with a added carbs now and then.

Onmyway: I have stopped bingeing. What worked for me was staying away from sugar and refined carbs. I have not returned to my trigger foods. This is not what IP recommends nor is it what other people do. However, I really think I have a sugar intolerance and need to stay away from it. I also have found many recipes that I really like so I do not miss eating my former treats.

Lizzy63: I like to make spinach salads with leftover steak for lunch as well.

Dregan: I think it is great that you joined the Y. This is a great place for the winter and exercise. I only eat one piece of fruit a day also.

I am excited about my son coming in next weekend. I have not even put up our tree yet.

Maile 12-11-2013 08:39 AM

Here is holiday humor and a funny reminder for the holidays.

It was the night before Christmas,
And all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring,
Not even, a mouse.

And what to my wandering eyes should appear,
but 10 pounds on hip, thighs and rear.

DRegan 12-11-2013 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maile (Post 4898299)
Here is holiday humor and a funny reminder for the holidays.

It was the night before Christmas,
And all through the house,
Not a creature was stirring,
Not even, a mouse.

And what to my wandering eyes should appear,
but 10 pounds on hip, thighs and rear.

Very cute!!!!!
But lets hope that doesnt happen! LOL!
ok enjoy your Son too, i also dont have my tree yet!
hopefully saturday morning before snowstorm comes
our way, hoping the weathermen are wrong!
Happy decorating!

D

Maile 12-12-2013 08:54 AM

I got the tree last night and will decorate today!
I hope the weatherman is wrong about the storm coming. Right now I am watching cancelled flights out of Chicago with more snow coming and wondering if my son will make his flight.

Hope you get a nice tree.

Wesstrom 12-12-2013 09:03 AM

Maxxy a couple of staple meals for me well suppers are chilli and sheppards pie I always add cauliflower to my mashed potatoes now. I'm with you on getting away from the ip foods as well but still use the chocolate shake in my coffee on my low carb day.

sunnymae 12-12-2013 10:44 AM

MAILE---HAVE FUN DECORATING YOUR TREE and I hope the weather holds up for your Son to make it in :0)
Picked up a tree last night for a friend and it was bitter cold here in NY as well, but we had fun...especially dragging it off the top of my roof rack!

I'm happy to say I am now within 9 lbs of my new maintenance goal and although this reboot has been very difficult and incredibly slow up until now, I have a much better handle on what works for me and what doesn't!

One thing for sure....protein bars....even ours, really stall me! I now consider them an extra restricted treat and use them sparingly.
Rhubarb recipe has been my friend. I make a parfait with that and vanilla pudding. I have been using more IP recipes to stay creative and allowing more real food proteins as well. I also found that more than 4 cups of non restricted veggies are actually better for me on all fronts. I just feel better having more.
It's so nice to see my old new face back and thinner appearance. Worth the work and diligence. Getting thru Thanksgiving and all the holiday parties are easier now.

Thanks everyone for continued support, great stories, recipes, books and links to all the info we share here. I could not do this without all of you!

FitMom02 12-12-2013 01:26 PM

It looks like I'm finally going to be joining your thread. :) all through my weight loss journey I have "eyed" this thread...anticipating the day I can actually join in.

Today, I am starting phase 2. I've met my goal...and I'm at 16% body fat!!! So VERY excited about that!!:carrot: I know it's not maintenance quite yet...but I know it's just a few weeks away!! There is just something about having a date on the calendar now...January 8 will be day 1 of maintenance for me! Then the foreverness of trying to stay there will begin.

I look forward to getting to know you all better. BTW...Maile...love the new Christmas rhyme! :)

Ishbel 12-12-2013 01:45 PM

Maxxy I stopped tracking after one year as I wanted to have faith in my ability to make good decisions. I really feel that over a month you'll eat the same things anyway, it's worked well for me. But I did track a year into maintenance. If you get the right tracker it remembers what you ate anyway, which is why I now know I generally eat the same things over a month.

Fitmom Wecome to almost Maintenance! 16% body fat, WOW!!

maile Yay for your son coming to visit, I'm off to my mama's on the 23 and returning the 27...pretty excited to hang out with her and even go to church with her (my annual visit it seems LOL). I don't have my tree up either and I'm stressed about it. But I don't think it will go up for the first time in my LIFE, we are in basement renos and there is just NO room :( VIP said "put it where the trunk is" I said "then where do we put the trunk?!". If it was warmer (we're in a deep freeze right now) I'd have some little stuff out to make it festive but it's too cold to go into the garage even. Have fun trimming the tree!

DRegan Mentioned to my mom that I might ask VIP for a fitbit and she said "ummm don't bother" which means it's under the tree! :) I will still ask for a garmin for my bday as as soon as this baby is out I'm starting my running program again.

sunnymae WELL DONE on your reboot! I spied an oatmeal packet I didn't know I had and thought "ooo, I have rhubarb in the freezer". It might actually become an evening snack within the next two weeks.

This learning to 'graze' is for the birds, I miss my three meals and one snack. I cannot eat a full meal (ALREADY) so I'm splitting everything up and although I'm eating a normal amount it just feels like I'm eating all the time (every 1-2 hours), I'm feeling good enough to have worked out three times last week and already got three times in this week. I bought some pregnancy videos and VIP rolled his eyes and said "they saw you coming" to which I said "watch it, if it makes me happy then it should make you happy" LOL I am sad that I had to stop running but 'que sera sera', I'm just trying to maintain a fitness level now and keep the weight gain to a minimum but yet still 'gain'. Hard mindset to get into (although I'm in it!) when I spent so long losing and being SO mindful of the number on the scale. My doc is happy with what I'm doing, should I call that a NSV or a PV? lol

dak1lls 12-12-2013 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishbel (Post 4899128)
This learning to 'graze' is for the birds, I miss my three meals and one snack. I cannot eat a full meal (ALREADY) so I'm splitting everything up and although I'm eating a normal amount it just feels like I'm eating all the time (every 1-2 hours), I'm feeling good enough to have worked out three times last week and already got three times in this week. I bought some pregnancy videos and VIP rolled his eyes and said "they saw you coming" to which I said "watch it, if it makes me happy then it should make you happy" LOL I am sad that I had to stop running but 'que sera sera', I'm just trying to maintain a fitness level now and keep the weight gain to a minimum but yet still 'gain'. Hard mindset to get into (although I'm in it!) when I spent so long losing and being SO mindful of the number on the scale. My doc is happy with what I'm doing, should I call that a NSV or a PV? lol

What a wonderful time in your life. I think you should simply concentrate on making healthy choices, eat good food and listen to your body. Enjoy being pregnant! I am so impressed that you are exercising and that you have such a positive attitude. Good for you!

Maile 12-13-2013 07:40 AM

Ishbel: My son is in the same boat. He lives in a studio and has no room for a tree. I am going to look for a tiny one to mail him. I am glad you are going to see your mom! I read pregnancy books and watched videos also! You are doing so well to keep exercising and to keep grazing. It is hard to gain, but it is healthy baby weight.
Fitmom: Welcome to maintenance. You have worked hard to get there and will do well. I liked the humor of that Christmas post.

Sunnymae: What a great accomplishment for you. You have persevered and figured out what really works for you. It is relentless determination and work.
You are going to enjoy the holidays with that thinner you!

I finally got my tree and it is decorated! I am definitely behind on the rest of the Xmas jobs. However, I am still making exercise a priority!

Maxxy 12-13-2013 03:37 PM

First weigh in on maintenance. -1 lb and lost 4 inches. I'll take it! Woo hoo!!:woohoo: