Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2013, 10:47 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Default Know where you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcdoe View Post
Good Morning IPers,

With my medical issues and being on the mend I am finding it hard to get back on track. My brain won't kick in gear, I was previously one of the no cheat's losing 3 to 4 a week but now I feel a bit lost . I have the alternates and my coach sent me some nice options but my brain is still in the whatever mode. I need to prepare my food, something i'm just so tired to do, healing and my first week back to work is taking all the energy I have. I must smack myself and push to get back on track before it's to late. The water weight which I use to retain quite a bit, is already creeping back after 8 days, and the scale is reflecting it.

"TODAY I MUST GET ON TRACK"
kcdoe - yours is the first entry I read today and my heart goes out to you. I have been struggling with the same issue for weeks. It started out for a good reason that I was no longer on the program totally (your surgery is definitely that). But I was not able to recover once that situation was gone.

So, yesterday was my day of decision - can I make this work? I struggled mentally BUT I did not allow myself one deviation, one cheat. I actually had to talk to myself anytime I approached challenging food, telling myself sternly that I am stronger than that.

I agree with you that even with limited energy, planning the food is a must. It is what saved me. I decided what would please me the most from the program and made sure that I had that out and ready to go. For dinner, I had a spicy ground turkey cooked up and added it to soup for a nice warm treat that took a while to eat so I was satisfied. (I think nice hot soup fills one up in both a physical way and an emotional, comfort food way).

Keep on this site and read and read and ask for help and support because there are lots of wonderful people who will be your rock. Do not let go of that and you will be back on.. One step, one day, one pound at a time.
Old 11-19-2013, 10:48 AM   #17  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Morning all, was so hungry last night I had another packet! Don't know why but I needed it. Been loving the dark chocolate pudding as a shake - I mix in 10 ozs of water, shake it and let it sit, wow! Counting down the days to my South American holiday, feeling very strong about staying on plan.

Lisa, ems70508, Misstiff, nolasmurf - you're all skinny girls - look at the progress you've made!!!

Have a great, on-plan day everyone!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:03 AM   #18  

Height: 5'4"

Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around much - was in Minneapolis for the weekend for a Wild/Jets game. Had a great time on the trip, stayed 100% OP but was feeling really resentful about it.

I had a low moment last night. It's my TOM and I was feeling (and still am) really bloated and crampy and just yuck in general and stepped on the scale to see that I've lost nothing...nothing at all and might have even gained a little. Despite fighting to stay 100% OP while away, feeling like I was "missing" out on lots of fun stuff - good food, cold beer, Cinnabon... and I lost nothing and probably gained. I wanted soooo badly to reach into the bag of Lindor chocolates my son brought back and have one. Or two. Or the whole bag. I wanted to give up IP, phase off, walk away from it all. I didn't have a chocolate but I wanted to.

I still feel bad this morning but I have my WI at lunch today so I'm going to talk to my coach about this. I hit a bit of a stall last week - yes, I know a week isn't a stall, just a slow week - but I barely lost anything and I didn't lose any inches and I think it's the same this week, possibly with a gain. She did want me to consider trying IP's cleanse - I don't know, maybe I will.

I'm usually pretty positive about this all, actually I'm usually pretty positive in general, so this has been kind of tough on me. I'm just going to sip my coffee and water, wait for my appointment and see how it goes.

Jo
Old 11-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Purple: I can't put things quite as eloquently as others on this board but hang in there.

We are asking a lot of our bodies every single week. Many factors come into play with weight loss (water, hormones, salt intake, bowels, etc.) and one slow week, or quite a few should it happen, should not make you throw in the towel.

Think about how far you've come (and in such a short amount of time).

It's a blink of the eye in the overall scheme of life if you really think about it.

I know your son plays hockey...surely you wouldn't have him quit the team if he had one bad week of games, right?

You can do this!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 223/198/160

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by locks View Post
Imagine if we could control how our bodies lose the fat..........my coach had told me....that last place you put on the fat, was the first place to go......face.....feet..........hands.........reall y important places right lol
my coach has told me from the beginning that the last place you lose is the first place you gain. which is why 25 lbs later i am still waiting for my stomach to shrink! if only we had the power to chose!
Old 11-19-2013, 11:25 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi all. Sorry I haven't been around much - was in Minneapolis for the weekend for a Wild/Jets game. Had a great time on the trip, stayed 100% OP but was feeling really resentful about it.

I had a low moment last night. It's my TOM and I was feeling (and still am) really bloated and crampy and just yuck in general and stepped on the scale to see that I've lost nothing...nothing at all and might have even gained a little. Despite fighting to stay 100% OP while away, feeling like I was "missing" out on lots of fun stuff - good food, cold beer, Cinnabon... and I lost nothing and probably gained. I wanted soooo badly to reach into the bag of Lindor chocolates my son brought back and have one. Or two. Or the whole bag. I wanted to give up IP, phase off, walk away from it all. I didn't have a chocolate but I wanted to.

I still feel bad this morning but I have my WI at lunch today so I'm going to talk to my coach about this. I hit a bit of a stall last week - yes, I know a week isn't a stall, just a slow week - but I barely lost anything and I didn't lose any inches and I think it's the same this week, possibly with a gain. She did want me to consider trying IP's cleanse - I don't know, maybe I will.

I'm usually pretty positive about this all, actually I'm usually pretty positive in general, so this has been kind of tough on me. I'm just going to sip my coffee and water, wait for my appointment and see how it goes.

Jo
It was beautiful here wasn't it?! I am just south of the twin cities (80 miles LOL) I wish I would have known you were going to be here in MN!!! I could have given you some places to eat where you can order your food IP way and the chef wont bat an eyelash!! I hope you had fun
Old 11-19-2013, 11:26 AM   #22  

Ok today I have this "screw it feeling" inside of me. And it really really really SUCKS. I am trying hard to stay OP but I am just having such a hard time today
Old 11-19-2013, 11:31 AM   #23  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Ok today I have this "screw it feeling" inside of me. And it really really really SUCKS. I am trying hard to stay OP but I am just having such a hard time today
Don't let yourself go there - HANG IN THERE! I know that feeling and that feeling is what got me where I am today. I am much older than you and I look back and see how much of my life was wasted - the things I could have done, experiences with my kids I turned down because of my weight, etc, etc.

You are younger and you are RIGHT on the edge of that wonderful trip to Onderland. You can do this. The feeling of screw it will hurt you and the wonderful progress you have made. You have a lot of years ahead of you to have new adventures and excitement and you want to be able to do that HAPPY AND HEALTHY.

Don't make me use more capital letters on you (Yes, I know I overdo it)! You are so much stronger than you know (Winnie the Pooh has a great expression about that). Dig deep and rediscover that strength. "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think

Last edited by schenectady; 11-19-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:38 AM   #24  

S/C/G: 250HW/216.4IP/192.6/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancinintherain View Post
Does Anyone know where in the Norfolk Virginia area I can find the best selection of Walden Farms products? We're visiting here for a few weeks and I want to spend my time site seeing with the kids not chasing around for products but still want to stay on plan. Looking for Rasp. Jelly and Chipolte ranch dressing. Thanks! (I've checked the website and been on the phone with WF this morning as well as called stores listed in the area as distributors. No luck so far but they also don't list the places that carry the most product at home). Hoping I don't have to try and get an order sent to a temporary location.
Kroger! In the diabetic section, NOT the natural foods section. I'm in NC but am pretty sure you guys have Kroger. I got like 10 bottles earlier this week.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #25  

S/C/G: 250HW/216.4IP/192.6/160

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
It was beautiful here wasn't it?! I am just south of the twin cities (80 miles LOL) I wish I would have known you were going to be here in MN!!! I could have given you some places to eat where you can order your food IP way and the chef wont bat an eyelash!! I hope you had fun
I'm guessing you're in Rochester?! I lived there for four years! Still work for Mayo even though I live in NC now
Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #26  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
This AM I wanted to make chocolate pancakes, well I added too much water and I had hot bubbly chocolate soup in my pan. I added a couple of drops of coconut extract and had hot chocolate soup!!!! It filled me up no questions on that!
My first chocolate pancake recipe make was a disaster too. I had these things that looked like dog turds, flattened. Pretty funny. I ate them though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yespositively View Post
Good morning IPers! Last night was rough-- I really wanted to snack. Being home alone seems to do that to me
I have been dealing with the same lately. It's all good though. Keep your strength and try to distract yourself. Also watch your triggers - do you get the snacking urge when watching tv? I do. I try to do something else so that I break that "spell."

Good morning all! P3, Week 1 almost done. I have honestly been enjoying breakfast. Not dealing with the Big C as much either, which is a nice change. Sorry, TMI - I know but I have dealt with it the entire time I was in P1/P2, so getting rid of that issue has been amazing. I have my WI this morning and, since I am full up with breakfast, I doubt I will see much change, but it is okay. The trade off of no scale movement and being able to run again is well worth it to me. Happy Tuesday to you all.
Old 11-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Good morning fellow IPers. Sounds like a lot of people are suffering from the Monday blahs on a Tuesday. I'm sending positive thoughts your way in hopes that it will help you all get through the difficult times!

Had WI today. Donated another 2.8 pounds to the cause. I was really surprised since I felt like I gained...plus it's TOM. Who thought I would lose right now? Definitely not this girl! Also got measured for the first time since starting. I was down 2+ inches almost everywhere. Even calves and neck went down a tiny bit (which surprised the doctor). He commented that my clothes must be getting big/baggy since I've gone down at least a size in the 6 weeks I've been OP. Guess I can't really complain.

Well...that's all from cloudy, rainy Washington. I really do hope everyone has a wonderful day. Try to smile, even when it's raining....it makes people wonder what you are thinking about!
Old 11-19-2013, 12:45 PM   #28  

Quote:
Originally Posted by wosmama View Post
I'm guessing you're in Rochester?! I lived there for four years! Still work for Mayo even though I live in NC now
Nope Mankato. I guess 80 miles was an over shot LOL
Old 11-19-2013, 12:57 PM   #29  

Quote:
Originally Posted by schenectady View Post
Don't let yourself go there - HANG IN THERE! I know that feeling and that feeling is what got me where I am today. I am much older than you and I look back and see how much of my life was wasted - the things I could have done, experiences with my kids I turned down because of my weight, etc, etc.

You are younger and you are RIGHT on the edge of that wonderful trip to Onderland. You can do this. The feeling of screw it will hurt you and the wonderful progress you have made. You have a lot of years ahead of you to have new adventures and excitement and you want to be able to do that HAPPY AND HEALTHY.

Don't make me use more capital letters on you (Yes, I know I overdo it)! You are so much stronger than you know (Winnie the Pooh has a great expression about that). Dig deep and rediscover that strength. "You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think
Thanks. I just cannot ditch this eff it feeling. I do not know why this far in I am feeling like this. It is frustrating as heck,

and you are correct I am so close to onederland I smell it I just need to bite the bullet and get back to the 100% feeling. But I feel all wishy-washy today and I don't like it
Old 11-19-2013, 01:05 PM   #30  
Started IP 1/18/12

S/C/G: 186.5/127/130

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post

Jo
When I feel deprived I eat a spoonful or two of WF Chocolate Dip. Helps me every time. Sometimes even a spoonful of the pancake syrup!
Closed Thread