Old 11-19-2013, 11:05 AM   #16  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzroxy814 View Post
Whyyyyyy? I am in my 3rd week, weigh-in is tomorrow. I weigh myself daily and the scale has hardly moved since my last weigh in. I'm getting so so SO mad, frustrated and discouraged. To be spending all this money, eating so restricted and making a HUGE change to my diet.... it just really bothers me. I'm not giving up, I'm going to stick with it, but I just don't GET IT!

My first 2 weigh-ins messed with my head. The first week, it was my TOM and my weigh-in was 9 days after I started. I lost 10 pounds and was ecstatic. The 2nd weigh-in, however, was only 5 days after the 1st weigh-in, but 14 days total after starting IP. It was 1.8 pounds. I was really upset and she convinced me that, had I weighed in at 7 days and 7 days, I could have had a 7 pound loss and then a 4.8 pound loss, and it would have looked much better than this looked.

I agreed, I understand what happened. But my weight has been going from another 3 pound loss to 1 pound loss, off and on daily since then, and this morning the scale showed only .4 (that's POINT 4) pounds lighter than my last weigh-in.

I'm actually embarrassed to weigh-in. I'm pretty big.... 263 pounds at my last weigh-in. I would think I would have a bigger loss my 3rd week on plan. I feel like a failure even though I am doing everything 100%. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who goes through this??
Please stay OP and go to your weigh ins. I'm not going to tell you not to weigh every day - you have to do what you need to do to feel in control. BUT there is NO WAY you can stick to this plan and not lose weight. You've carried a lot of weight for a while, your body likes it, it's a survival thing and it may take a while. But have faith, this works, read this site. You are really taking care of yourself by committing to IP so hang in there, we're all cheering for you!
ecdcslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 12:26 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 252/227.6/170

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Whyyyyyy? I am in my 3rd week, weigh-in is tomorrow. I weigh myself daily and the scale has hardly moved since my last weigh in. I'm getting so so SO mad, frustrated and discouraged. To be spending all this money, eating so restricted and making a HUGE change to my diet.... it just really bothers me. I'm not giving up, I'm going to stick with it, but I just don't GET IT!

My first 2 weigh-ins messed with my head. The first week, it was my TOM and my weigh-in was 9 days after I started. I lost 10 pounds and was ecstatic. The 2nd weigh-in, however, was only 5 days after the 1st weigh-in, but 14 days total after starting IP. It was 1.8 pounds. I was really upset and she convinced me that, had I weighed in at 7 days and 7 days, I could have had a 7 pound loss and then a 4.8 pound loss, and it would have looked much better than this looked.

I agreed, I understand what happened. But my weight has been going from another 3 pound loss to 1 pound loss, off and on daily since then, and this morning the scale showed only .4 (that's POINT 4) pounds lighter than my last weigh-in.

I'm actually embarrassed to weigh-in. I'm pretty big.... 263 pounds at my last weigh-in. I would think I would have a bigger loss my 3rd week on plan. I feel like a failure even though I am doing everything 100%. Please tell me I'm not the only one out there who goes through this??
You are definitely not alone! I weigh myself twice a week at home. Once on Saturday mornings and once on Tuesday mornings. The funny thing is, I always am down on Saturdays and ALWAYS up on Tuesdays. My husband is the same way. In fact, this morning we questioned if we should weigh ourselves on Tuesdays as it seems to be such a de-motivator. I'm not sure how I feel about that. Tuesday is my official weigh in day at the doctors, so I like to know what I'm about to face. But at the same time, it has become expected that I get on the scale Tuesday morning to see anywhere from .5 to a 1.5 pound gain! I can't explain the reason why that happens, it just does. But at the same time, my weigh is consistently down week after week. I think we need to look at the big picture. Personally, I'm down 25 pounds in 6 weeks. On any other diet, I'd be screaming my results from the top of the nearest mountain. Why not here? Because I EXPECT more, even if I shouldn't. I see how this works for people. Why aren't my results as wonderful? Why? Because I am different. We all are. We don't all react exactly the same to the protocol, even if I have been 100% OP. I may have very steady losses the whole time while others may stall a week here and there. I don't know. All I do know is that it is working for me. I'm happy with my results and I'm thrilled that the scale is moving in the right direction. It might take me a while to get there, but I will in the end. After all...this didn't happen over night, how can I expect it to come off over night?

Stay strong, think positive thoughts. Negative ones can really affect your weigh ins. It's amazing how powerful your mind can be!
emsmom97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Quote:

I too weigh every day as much as everyone on here, and close friend/diet buddy also on plan tells me not to. I cant help it. I think my loss has been slow too, and it is very discouraging. End result is, I AM losing. I'm on my 5th week, I've lost a total of 12.3, but last 2 weigh ins have been less than 2 pounds. My scales seem to stay about the same untill the last 2 days before my official weigh in. So, you are not alone! It is working, maybe both of us will have a big JUMP on the scale this week so we can be super excited together!.
dmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote