Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 10:26 AM   #16  
IP -9/15/13 @goal 1/18/14

S/C/G: 184.4/157 /137

Height: 5'4

Morning all, still cold, is that an IP thing? My scales say I'm only down a lb since my weigh-in last Saturday so that's disappointing. BUT I'm fitting into clothes much better that I did even a week ago so not complaining. Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:39 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

SarahBell: Forgot you asked about the taste of the tisane the other day. It's a pleasant green tea/citrus tea that's good hot or iced.
Old 10-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #18  
My Own Worst Enemy

S/C/G: 188.8/175/140

Height: 5'4"

What is your GO TO calorie counting website??

I am trying to keep track of my calories (for me to lose weight I have to stay between 800-900 calories per day) but I have just been googling my items and I am getting all different numbers ?!?! broccoli comes up as any where from 20/c 32/c 100/2c I am so confused and sure which to take as true

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2013, 10:49 AM   #19  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

My fitness pal

Quote:
Originally Posted by claustin View Post
What is your GO TO calorie counting website??

I am trying to keep track of my calories (for me to lose weight I have to stay between 800-900 calories per day) but I have just been googling my items and I am getting all different numbers ?!?! broccoli comes up as any where from 20/c 32/c 100/2c I am so confused and sure which to take as true

Thanks!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:02 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
SarahBell: Forgot you asked about the taste of the tisane the other day. It's a pleasant green tea/citrus tea that's good hot or iced.
Thank you so much. There are some teas out there that taste awful no matter how much you doctor them up
Old 10-24-2013, 11:12 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 240/160/165

Height: 5'5

Good morning everyone, sounds like some pretty good loses this week.

I am proud to say that I am setting my new routine of working out every morning before work for an hour and I have made it every day this week. Hope next week is just as good.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:29 AM   #22  
4/13-12/13 80lbs Loss

S/C/G: 256/176/120

Height: 5'0"

Today I feel great - have gotten a lot of "you look awesome" comments from co-workers.
Old 10-24-2013, 11:40 AM   #23  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. I am still so glad to be done with that examination! Last night I worked late (groan) and then came home to pack my suitcase to head to NC tomorrow night to visit my family. I even went through my closet again and then I did it ... I watched TV! It was amazing! It was netflix really, but I watched Parks and Rec.

I am SO excited to see my family - my mom, grandmother, stepfather, brothers, their wives, nieces and nephews. My mother has emailed me to find out what foods she can get for me, and asked about fruit, hummus, crackers, etc. LOL. I wrote her back and said - its really just salad and lean meat, i've got the rest covered. She's uber-healthy so she gets it but there is always a lot of hanging out and snacking (albeit healthy stuff, not oreos). It is my first trip on IP to visit someone, so it should be an adventure, especially since its the south.

One last think I did last night. I ordered a bikini. What am I thinking!?! It was inexpensive and I just want to see what it would look like. I don't have any high hopes of "working it" anytime soon, but it will hang in my closet and be a motivator. I have had a bathing suit hanging there for years - seriously - years that I have never been able to fit. It fits perfectly now. So now I need to have a new motivation. So that suit will be put in its place. We shall see, right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Long day today. I woke up early. I have a cold (chicken soup is already in the crockpot) and I'm going to see the Eagles tonite with some friends. I may take a few hours off of work and take a nap.
Boo! to being sick, but hope you feel better. Your soup sounds good though. Its cold over here in SF this morning. I hope you are able to get some rest and feel better for tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I lost 1 lb at my weigh-in. Was hoping to be at a total loss of 50 lbs this week, but I don't think I got all of my water in any day last week because of how busy I have been! Lesson learned! Hope everyone has a great day!!
Congrats on the 1 pound loss! That's a loss regardless and should be celebrated! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
I've lost another 3 lbs this week and can thank you for keeping me on track with innovative ideas, support and great rewards!
Woot! Woot! Congrats on the 3# loss! Awesome job. I concur on the 3FC as being amazing. There have been so many times where I think I would have been miserable for simply eating packet, after packet, after packet. But experimenting with all the different recipes, getting support, guidance, etc. has been amazing and so important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
Morning all, still cold, is that an IP thing? My scales say I'm only down a lb since my weigh-in last Saturday so that's disappointing. BUT I'm fitting into clothes much better that I did even a week ago so not complaining. Hope everyone has a great OP day.
Cold- yes. I have never been as cold as I have been on IP. I suspect it is sort of combination of losing fat + not enough "logs in the fire" (food) to adequately heat your body all the time. As for the loss v. clothes fitting better - you might be in a reshaping week. Don't fret the scale. We aren't here simply to have a lower weight on our driver's license. We are here to look better, feel better, etc. and if you feel those things - that's what is important.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassieleeanne View Post
I am proud to say that I am setting my new routine of working out every morning before work for an hour and I have made it every day this week. Hope next week is just as good.
Congrats. Make sure you are letting your body "heal" between workouts though!! That's crucial to allow the muscles which are torn to rebuild.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:00 PM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deana509 View Post
So I'm about to order a sports pullover for the spring, but I am too afraid to order a smaller size because I have no idea how quickly or slowly I will be able to fit into smaller sizes.... I am tempted to buy a 2x, but then again, I keep telling myself that it wont fit for long....
I'm afraid to order clothes for that far out. I'll do the next size down but if I'm looking at Spring...I could be one size down or two (or last year at this time, I think I ended up 3 sizes down by Spring). I actually ended up giving away clothes from which I had never removed the tags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecdcslim View Post
yes. cold is an IP thing and for some of us it ended up being a thyroid thing as well. Get your thyroid checked, just to make sure. I froze for several months before I went & lo & behold...IP caused hypothyroid for me. It happens in many temporarily. Mine was more longterm.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #25  
restart 5/27/14

S/C/G: 197.4/161.6/150

Had Big Mac in a bowl last night for dinner. The best thing i've had to eat in a week. It was delicious. I used some green salsa instead of wf thousand island because I tried another one of their dressings and it takes like gasoline to me. lol
Old 10-24-2013, 12:42 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

SARITA-WHooo-HHOOOO!!

Have a wonderful time. You are so ready to show your family how great you are looking...and it sounds like they will be supportive and not be presenting you with any challenges...social or otherwise! Have a restful and fun break!...AND OH YES..I have no doubt! You will be strutting that bikini in November!!! SOL...( (Is that a txt thing ?... short for Smile Out Loud?)

Lisa- Sorry you are under the weather...it's only October...take care! Those little ones you work with are dangerous! Don't lose your cheering voice...the Cards need you!
I'm neutral...my DH grew up in Boston, and is a Boston Red Sox fan OF COURSE...Also loves to tell the story of how he played poker with Carl Yaztrempski (sp)...when he was in college back the last time the Red Sox and Cardinals were in a series together...(UH-OH... Dating us...1967! **I had not met DH yet!) Gosh..we're old! But it's been good!

Laura- (Dak)-Crystalwolf-Sonolady
Congrats on how well you are doing phasing into maintenance! It's so scarey...glad you are all doing it first. I'll need coaching and advice soon!!!

Cassieleanne- Congrats on the workout dedication!
SlownSteady...good to hear from you
RuthAnn..glad you are well enough to check in!
Schnectedy- Where are you??? Hope you're OK!

Avalon- I tried brewing a small pot of coffee putting the Saigon cinnamon and cayenne in the basket this morning along with the coffee......I used a little less than I thought I'd need for the amount of coffee...and it worked out pretty spicy...but good! I think I'm hooked...and there are worse vices ...LOL...so thanks!

So many others-- racking up those losses the last few days !!

I've been on the run a lot and trying to keep up on here but probably still behind in getting current. Sorry if I failed to acknowledge anything important...!

My own weight is still bouncing between 109-110...but I lost another inch this week. Coach wants me to seriously think about phasing off since "C" is still a problem. I think what happened to me makes them a little nervous...I'm wanting to finish up some loose packets I have (that out date by mid January)... then will go to P2...probably in the next 5-7 days ( by Halloween for sure.) If the "C" issue is resolved, and my coach thinks it will...then that will probably (??) help me lose those last few pounds before maintenance. The meds I'm taking for that also cause water retention...so I'd love to get rid of them. My body just seems to be done with the protein packets 3X a day, and my tummy does not feel great most of the time. So I'm on board now.

Still losing inches...which is always good... but will need new bras again because there's not much left! Thank heavens my DH is not a boob man!
Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 PM   #27  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Sonolady My hometown boys played like little leaguers. The team that held it together the best definitely won that game! I'm just glad there are up to 6 more and it wasn't a 1 and done.

Long day today. I woke up early. I have a cold (chicken soup is already in the crockpot) and I'm going to see the Eagles tonite with some friends. I may take a few hours off of work and take a nap.

Wishing everyone an OP day!
I love the Eagles! I always joke to my DH that I would leave him for Don Henley. lol. Enjoy and I hope you recover from your cold quickly. Chicken soup sounds good. I may have to make a big pot.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #28  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

NSV - just put on size 14 Old Navy jeans! So that makes with a 32lb loss down 2 pant sizes.
Old 10-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 338/338/140

Does anyone use or recommend the "True Lemon" crystals? I finally saw some in the store the other day, but wasn't sure if these were allowed or not. They also had a lime flavor and, I believe, orange?
Old 10-24-2013, 01:04 PM   #30  

65: You aren't so old...last time the Cards & Sox played in a WS was in 2004
You can move to P2. You'll use those packets in P2 & 3.

RE: Bras. Doesn't it seem like the "grass is always greener"? I have yet to lose a cup size, although I've purchased several sizes of new bras because old ones have gotten too big around. I tried on an old water sports bra the other day & promptly tossed it in the trash. Can't remember how much I weighed last time I wore it but it was DEFINITELY too big now

I decided to hang out at home today. Between the cold virus and back spasms that have reared their ugly head I just don't have the energy for work (nor probably the patience). Snuggling in my sweats feels oh-so-good. And I'm getting ready to have some of that soup for lunch. It sounds soothing.
Closed Thread