Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
So had an AMAZING find at the local farmer's market yesterday There was a new booth here this weekend and it's a company that does flavor infused EVOO and Balsamic (which cannot have but still!). There was many many flavors and I ended up buying the Garlic infused EVOO and the Lemon infused EVOO. I'm thinking next week, I'm going to get the Mushroom & Sage EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Blood Orange EVOO! And there's still plenty more choices on top of that. I was talking to one of the associates and they signed a 11 month lease with the market so they will be there for awhile.

Now I need some ideas on how to cook with this stuff! Any good salad dressings or other ideas I can use flavored EVOO for? I've seen some people talk about it before but can't remember the specifics
Those sound wonderful. You could definitely use them to make salad dressing, just whisk with a bit of vinegar. Also, would be great for making an omelet.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:14 AM   #92  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Question, is myfitnesspal the best place to figure out nutritional, (fat, cal, carb,) content of foods? Planning my move forward.
I use MFP in phase 1 and really like it. I mostly use it on my iPad, and it remembers my favorite foods. Past phase 1, I'm sure I will have a bit more variety in foods, but it's pretty user friendly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Thx..I noticed that about MFP...and found it cumbersome and too time consuming at the time I played with it...

I do like the LiveStrong site a lot..and actually in spite of all the controversy...still support the foundation. Our SIL is a cancer survivor..(Hodgkins at 16)...and rode in one of the LS bike tours last fall. He raised over 5K!!! for cancer research and dedicated his ride to my daughter and their daughters..( I know...sorrrrrry....too much personal stuff...but we love him so much! And are so proud of him. He has been involved with LS and the Ronald McDonald House foundation for a long time.)
Not too personal! Thanks for sharing, he sounds like a great person. And controversy or not, that organization and many many people associated with it have done wonderful things. The controversy doesn't take away from that.
Old 10-06-2013, 11:18 AM   #93  

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
So had an AMAZING find at the local farmer's market yesterday There was a new booth here this weekend and it's a company that does flavor infused EVOO and Balsamic (which cannot have but still!). There was many many flavors and I ended up buying the Garlic infused EVOO and the Lemon infused EVOO. I'm thinking next week, I'm going to get the Mushroom & Sage EVOO, Tuscan Herb EVOO, and Blood Orange EVOO! And there's still plenty more choices on top of that. I was talking to one of the associates and they signed a 11 month lease with the market so they will be there for awhile.

Now I need some ideas on how to cook with this stuff! Any good salad dressings or other ideas I can use flavored EVOO for? I've seen some people talk about it before but can't remember the specifics
OMG I buy garlic infused evoo all the time since I discovered it!
Anywhere I would have used plain evoo, now in goes the garlic infused. Yum.
I put a tad in my potato zucchini muffins, use it in salad dressing, rubbed into kale when making kale Chips. The garlic evoo is in my spritzer now!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #94  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Well I just had a OPPS this morning. I made up my smoothie before I jumped in the shower. I had planned to ''eat" breakfast on the way into the office. I made it and stuck it in the freezer. Made up the rest of my lunch bag and into the shower I go. Get dressed, kiss the sweetie and off I go. Get to work, go to reach for my drink and bam nothing! LOL So now I'm having the blueberry -cran granata for breakfast instead. Guess I'll be having the smoothie for dinner !
Old 10-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #95  

Quote:
Originally Posted by nolasmurf View Post
Well I just had a OPPS this morning. I made up my smoothie before I jumped in the shower. I had planned to ''eat" breakfast on the way into the office. I made it and stuck it in the freezer. Made up the rest of my lunch bag and into the shower I go. Get dressed, kiss the sweetie and off I go. Get to work, go to reach for my drink and bam nothing! LOL So now I'm having the blueberry -cran granata for breakfast instead. Guess I'll be having the smoothie for dinner !
Oh, I hate it when that happens! Sounds like you were well prepared and had an extra packet with you. I always follow Lisa's advice and have an extra packet at work, in my purse, in my car, etc. If I am stuck without protein, I can always go to the grocery store and grab a pre-cooked chicken, a salad with chicken from Subway, although not necessarily something you want to do all the time.

Your smoothie may be a Popsicle for dinner!!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #96  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
Question, is myfitnesspal the best place to figure out nutritional, (fat, cal, carb,) content of foods? Planning my move forward.
I use the Spark People tracker, mostly because I have been on Spark People for years and I am used to it. Have been tracking for about a month so am back in the habit. I have been tempted to try myfitness pal to see if I like it better but seems like a lot of work when I have something in place that works.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #97  
Started IP Oct 1, 2013

S/C/G: 171.6/see ticker/130

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
I love that blueberry-crab granata! I need to keep a stash of "emergency" IP foods in my purse...I worry about doing what you did and then not having a backup. Drank the IP cappuccino this am. It was delish......and I don't drink coffees at all. I imagine it will be good with ice as a smoothie.

Have a wonderful Sunday, everyone! We have to go to my kids' fall carnival at their school this afternoon, so I will taking an IP bar to avoid all the evil homemade goodies for sale.
Old 10-06-2013, 12:57 PM   #98  

Quote:
Hate it when that happens!
Hopefully sweetie can pull it out so it's not a solid block!
I did that with some iced tea this week. I usually freeze half and fill in the morning with liquid, then it doesnt get watered down. Well, I didn't do my evening prep so I was trying to partially freeze it in the am...oops!

I always just make my smoothies with coffee ice cubes so I don't stick THOSE in the freezer but I've walked out of the house without my entire lunch bag before. So good to have backups EVERYWHERE just in case!
Old 10-06-2013, 12:59 PM   #99  
IP start date 8/1/2013

S/C/G: 195/138.6/130

Height: 4'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Hate it when that happens!
Hopefully sweetie can pull it out so it's not a solid block!
I did that with some iced tea this week. I usually freeze half and fill in the morning with liquid, then it doesnt get watered down. Well, I didn't do my evening prep so I was trying to partially freeze it in the am...oops!

I always just make my smoothies with coffee ice cubes so I don't stick THOSE in the freezer but I've walked out of the house without my entire lunch bag before. So good to have backups EVERYWHERE just in case!
Thank goodness I too follow the back up advice and in a pinch my coworker always has extra packets too! I can raid her desk. I immediately called home and asked him to move it to the fridge so it won't become a block of chocolate and spinach ice.

what a goofy sunday already!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:13 PM   #100  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post
Those sound wonderful. You could definitely use them to make salad dressing, just whisk with a bit of vinegar. Also, would be great for making an omelet.
we have a store here called oliv - that has all those wonderful flavours - for salads I just use a bit of the oil - my ip salt and pepper and it is enough flavour (i dont like any kind of vinegar but would be good mixed like littlestar said)

there is a butter flavoured one that i drizzle over my grilled asparagus or put in my mashed cauliflower

used the bacon flavoured one to fry some cabbage with and to cook my omlette in

they make it so easy to get your oil for the day in!!
Old 10-06-2013, 01:35 PM   #101  

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
we have a store here called oliv - that has all those wonderful flavours - for salads I just use a bit of the oil - my ip salt and pepper and it is enough flavour (i dont like any kind of vinegar but would be good mixed like littlestar said)

there is a butter flavoured one that i drizzle over my grilled asparagus or put in my mashed cauliflower

used the bacon flavoured one to fry some cabbage with and to cook my omlette in

they make it so easy to get your oil for the day in!!
OMG...now I'm on the hunt for bacon flavor evoo...
I miss very few things on IP...

Last edited by lisa32989; 10-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Old 10-06-2013, 01:39 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 249.4/180/WhenIFeelSexyNaked

Height: 5'eff all

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
OMG...now I on the hunt for bacon flavor evoo...
I miss very few things on IP...
if you cant find any let me know and I will send you a bottle!
Old 10-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

Height: 5'4"

thanks everyone for the food tracking info. When I played a couple months ago on MFP for bit I thought it was too cumbersome and pain in the you know what. It reminded me of the weightwatcher tracker tool that I hate and had no success with. I may try livestrong and the sparks people one to compare, I will be using the lap top and if its too much work it wont happen.

thanks again
Old 10-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
thanks everyone for the food tracking info. When I played a couple months ago on MFP for bit I thought it was too cumbersome and pain in the you know what. It reminded me of the weightwatcher tracker tool that I hate and had no success with. I may try livestrong and the sparks people one to compare, I will be using the lap top and if its too much work it wont happen.

thanks again
I agree with the two you like...and also don't forget to check WEBMD's tracker...they send an email with a link to the food diary if you get behind. Just what I need!
Old 10-06-2013, 04:56 PM   #105  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskgirl View Post
if you cant find any let me know and I will send you a bottle!

Oliv does mail order, too. It's fantastic!
Closed Thread