Old 10-08-2013, 04:47 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

Sounds like many of you are doing IP on your own, without a coach.

I am considering dumping my coach, and there are only 2 in my area, so I doubt I will go to the other. Depends on how my WI goes on Thursday.
But with the help of these forums, hopefully I can find the support I need.

I am also considering switching to alternatives, since so many people are using them and having great results. I ordered a few things from Nashua today, some single serving packages to try them out. I will stock up on my favorites with my coach next time in case I don't go back.

So grateful to have you folks!
kcandponies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 04:57 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 201/189.6/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm not sure I've got the mindset to restart yet. I can't believe its so hard to restart when the it was so easy to get kick it off in July!!!!!

I've done such a bad job the last couple days I've only tried a few of the alternatives I purchased from Nashua. Here is my opinion of what I've tried:

Syntrax Nectar Wild Grape drink - YUMMY!!!! Not real sweet, refreshing
SN Lemon Tea - YUCK ... I tried twice chilled second time to a slushy stage to see if it helped and I couldn't get it down either time.
SN Cappuccino - OK ... I suppose I was looking for the same taste as IP Cappuccino which was my favorite drink and this isn't it. It has a cinnamon taste which is OK, but not really good in my opinion.
Kay's Natural Cookie Bites, Honey flavored, Almond filled - Very Tasty but name does not fit product. They are more of the texture of a Cheetos Puff, slightly sweet taste .. Satisfying and I would order again

I have some of the SN unflavored protein powder so I think I'm going to try making my own Cappuccino drink. If that doesn't work I'll break down and buy from IP because it was a great way to start my day!!!

Good luck all!!!! Hoping to get my mind set right and get back at this!!!!
Jbhigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 177.6/165.4/140

Height: 5'5''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbhigdon View Post
I'm not sure I've got the mindset to restart yet. I can't believe its so hard to restart when the it was so easy to get kick it off in July!!!!!

I've done such a bad job the last couple days I've only tried a few of the alternatives I purchased from Nashua. Here is my opinion of what I've tried:

Syntrax Nectar Wild Grape drink - YUMMY!!!! Not real sweet, refreshing
SN Lemon Tea - YUCK ... I tried twice chilled second time to a slushy stage to see if it helped and I couldn't get it down either time.
SN Cappuccino - OK ... I suppose I was looking for the same taste as IP Cappuccino which was my favorite drink and this isn't it. It has a cinnamon taste which is OK, but not really good in my opinion.
Kay's Natural Cookie Bites, Honey flavored, Almond filled - Very Tasty but name does not fit product. They are more of the texture of a Cheetos Puff, slightly sweet taste .. Satisfying and I would order again

I have some of the SN unflavored protein powder so I think I'm going to try making my own Cappuccino drink. If that doesn't work I'll break down and buy from IP because it was a great way to start my day!!!

Good luck all!!!! Hoping to get my mind set right and get back at this!!!!
AS THEY SAY IN JAMAICA.... Come soon!

The first step is always the hardest....
You posted therefore I have faith!
Welcome back!
DJ72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 231/211/140

Height: 5'7

Hey everyone! I see that people are looking for alternatives. I've been using the Isopure zero carb protein powder. You can get it at GNC or at Amazon. It says to use 2 scoops but I only do one, because 2 scoops is 50 grams of protein. They have some good flavors too. I like cookies & cream & mint chocolate chip. I'm glad to be part of this group. Good luck everyone!!
Lolu120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 06:37 PM   #50  

Thanks for the tip Lolu120!!!
Those flavours sound amazing!
100% today but living on the 90% thread. Lol. Love it!
Old 10-15-2013, 10:11 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

Just wondering if I can join the buddy group...I started on October 6th using alternatives I ordered from Nashua and some EAS shakes purchased at Walmart. Down 11 lbs in 1 week, and feeling great. I have to keep cooking different things every night so that I don't get bored!
Justdoinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:12 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

Justdoinit - where are you from in VA? I am in Alexandria, VA area
LUCCILOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 235/see ticker/160

Height: 5'8"

I am in the Tidewater area. I had get away from the DC traffic! Used to live in NoVa
Justdoinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:17 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 243/217/170?

Height: 5'3

I hear ya. We just moved here last year from Chicago area but I went to school in DC area. It is bad. Good luck!!

I started Oct 7th and lost 10lbs.
LUCCILOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 10:28 PM   #55  

Height: 5'4

I'm on my 2nd day. I'm all in !!!
Metroeastgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 11:55 PM   #56  
Taking it 1 day at a time

S/C/G: 248/See Ticker/130

Height: 5"4'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ems70508 View Post
Totally get it. I had a large gap from when i stopped on round 1 and started round 2. It was almost like I had to mentally prepare for what I was doing but at the same time get relieved that a solution is headed my way!
I totally feel you, the days leading up to my first appt were filled with excitement/dread/shame that I let myself go again/omg I cant wait to feel skinny again!

Now that I am on it, I am focusing on staying on track. It sounds kooky but i find myself reciting various mantras that I have found here before like "its not never, its just not right now". The mantras help me so much, especially when I start to feel overwhelmed by all of the pounds I have ahead of me. I am so grateful for this board, "dieting" or "eating healthier" can make you feel so isolated, but with all of you as "accounta-billa-buddies" I dont feel so alone!
Danger121512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:43 AM   #57  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger121512 View Post
I totally feel you, the days leading up to my first appt were filled with excitement/dread/shame that I let myself go again/omg I cant wait to feel skinny again!

Now that I am on it, I am focusing on staying on track. It sounds kooky but i find myself reciting various mantras that I have found here before like "its not never, its just not right now". The mantras help me so much, especially when I start to feel overwhelmed by all of the pounds I have ahead of me. I am so grateful for this board, "dieting" or "eating healthier" can make you feel so isolated, but with all of you as "accounta-billa-buddies" I dont feel so alone!
I recite mantras as well.... My favourite is that this food can be eaten when I lose my weight and then I will enjoy it instead of feeling guilty!
Old 10-16-2013, 02:16 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 186.2/181.6/160

Height: 5' 5"

I am also in. I am on week two now, weight in tomorrow.
Wine4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 02:43 AM   #59  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wine4me View Post
I am also in. I am on week two now, weight in tomorrow.
I started on Oct1!!!!! Good luck with your WI. My second week wasn't as good as my first week the last time I did IP or this time either. But the scale is going in the right direction.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #60  
Started IP 10/29/2013

S/C/G: 204.8/141.2/120

Height: 5'3"

Also restarting Oct. 14, 2013. I phased off in May was doing real good then slowly started eating and drinking all the wrong things and now I have gained 30lbs back , but no worries I know with IP and the support of all of you I can lose that plus some

Excited to be here with everyone again!!! It's crazy how much I really have missed not being on this site.
4Mom is offline   Reply With Quote