Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 12:20 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 301/290/180

Height: 5'10

Default Heavy Heart

Hi all.

So, it's been a while since I've posted, and a good while since I've read much around here. And well, I'm here to confess my "sins." I've had a hard time sticking to plan and I'm trying to figure out why. After going way overboard last week, I'm back on plan and feeling miserable. And not at all feeling sorry for myself. I actually feel like I deserve feeling gross and sick, and know that once I've gotten back to where I need and want to be (ketosis), I'll feel a million times better. The worst part was how gross I felt when I was eating off plan. I enjoyed the food (mostly), but afterwards? The bloated yucky feeling? Not worth it.

So, I'm back. I'm getting back on track, and trying my absolute hardest every single day. I've got a plan, and am sticking to it.

Thank you to everyone who posts here. I look to you all for motivation and inspiration. You guys rock!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:21 PM   #47  

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Good morning! After a great weekend on plan (in fact, the whole three weeks I've been on the program, I haven't strayed once) I had an emergency this morning as I forgot my lunch kit with my protein packs for the day. Panicked, I went down to the company cafeteria and ordered an egg-white omelet (3 egg whites). My plan is to decrease the amount of meat I have tonight for dinner in compensation. Is that the right thing to do? Confused now of how much that equates to my evening meat - is it the equivalent of 3 oz? 4 oz? More?

Lunch is handled, my darling husband is bringing me my lunch and supplements. I could NOT face going all morning with nothing for breakfast. Definitely a lesson learned to keep some emergency supplies in my desk and purse

I also got a peppermint herbal tea - is that ok? Haven't drunk it yet and won't until I can figure out if it's OP. Ugh.
If the herbal tea is 0/0/0, (carbs/sugar/fat) you are good.

An alternative to an IP packet is 1 whole egg + 3 egg whites so actually you can have a whole egg & count the whole thing as the packet you missed, without reducing anything from dinner.

I suggest having extra packets EVERYWHERE for emergencies. I have them in my car, DH's car, in my desk at work, in my purse, and even in my lunchbag. I'm never without one
Old 09-30-2013, 12:25 PM   #48  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Height: 5'5"

Thanks Lisa! Very helpful. I'll have a hardboiled egg from the cafeteria for lunch plus 2 cups of veggies and call it a morning.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:29 PM   #49  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak1lls View Post
I hit goal this morning! 50 lbs lost since May 13th!
CONGRATS! That's so awesome!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #50  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktgrrl View Post
Hi all.

So, it's been a while since I've posted, and a good while since I've read much around here. And well, I'm here to confess my "sins." I've had a hard time sticking to plan and I'm trying to figure out why. After going way overboard last week, I'm back on plan and feeling miserable. And not at all feeling sorry for myself. I actually feel like I deserve feeling gross and sick, and know that once I've gotten back to where I need and want to be (ketosis), I'll feel a million times better. The worst part was how gross I felt when I was eating off plan. I enjoyed the food (mostly), but afterwards? The bloated yucky feeling? Not worth it.

So, I'm back. I'm getting back on track, and trying my absolute hardest every single day. I've got a plan, and am sticking to it.

Thank you to everyone who posts here. I look to you all for motivation and inspiration. You guys rock!

I've had slip ups too and regret it everytime. The food may taste good, but never as good as I hope it will. And the feeling after? SO not worth it!

Good luck on getting back on track! It's tough, but so worth it!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:33 PM   #51  

Default New to IP - Day 4 alternatives

Hi -

I'm new to this forum and on day 4. So far so good. I lost my first baby weight on WW 10 years ago and my new baby is now 4, so it's time to take control! I did a low GI version of WW and it worked, but this time I have further to go.

It's nice to see so many success stories!

dmp005
Old 09-30-2013, 12:34 PM   #52  
Restart Sept 2013

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmp005 View Post
Hi -

I'm new to this forum and on day 4. So far so good. I lost my first baby weight on WW 10 years ago and my new baby is now 4, so it's time to take control! I did a low GI version of WW and it worked, but this time I have further to go.

It's nice to see so many success stories!

dmp005
Welcome DMP!

I've been doing IP for awhile but am also fairly new to the forum.

Good luck!
Old 09-30-2013, 12:38 PM   #53  

Quote:

So, it's been a while since I've posted, and a good while since I've read much around here. And well, I'm here to confess my "sins." I've had a hard time sticking to plan and I'm trying to figure out why.

So sorry to hear things have been rough. But I know you can do it.

We are all here cheering for your success.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:47 PM   #54  

I still can't quite get multi-quoting to work so I'd like to add:

CONGRATS and Woo Hoo! to all the OP folks. Resisting doughnuts and cake icing and work pot lucks, etc. You did great! (Doughnut smell in the car... yikes!)

Every time I wonder if I can do it, I try to recall one of those stories from this site to inspire me to push through. So many of you have been doing it longer and/or have resisted some tough situations and I love the inspiraration.

Great monday thread!

I had one of those family issues this weekend where not only did no one comment on my 20 lb loss, but they also critiqued my food. "Sure seems like a lot to eat. That's a huge amount of chicken and salad - more than I could eat " says my naturally thin brother who has made snide comments about my weight in the past.

GRRRRR!

But it's done and I'm going to let it be his problem. and try to remember that I don't need anyone's permission or praise. This is about me. My life. My health. My happiness.

Happy Monday -- 100% OP is the only way to be

Last edited by vachinyc; 09-30-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:19 PM   #55  
Started IP 9/10/2013

S/C/G: 220/157/145

Weekend went great despite challenge of dinner on Saturday at the in-laws My mother in law is a bit...challenging...and has been passive-aggressively condescending about my weight over the years, so I was NOT looking forward to it. However, my goals are more important than my pride so when she continued to push to know why I was refusing the wine/bread/dessert, I bit the bullet and just said "I'm on a diet". Her smirk was infuriating, but it's a minor irritant to what I'm working to accomplish. SO I guess that's my NSV for the week!

Weigh in tonight - so looking forward to it. My bathroom scale says I'm down 7 pounds this week Hope the coach's agrees!

Kathy
Old 09-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #56  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Good morning! So much awesomeness going on today! I can't stand it. As for me, the Big C has passed and my scale at home says 154.4 - which is my original goal, but my home scale always reads a little less than the center scale - so I am not going to celebrate yet. Maybe tomorrow. That being said, I am adjusting my goal down to 150 and, possibly, 145, depending on how things "look" when I hit 150. So, no big party yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Happy Monday everyone!!! I've made it to 160 on the dot- down 59lbs! I'm itching to see the 150's!! Fingers crossed i'll see it tomorrow!! Keep up the amazing work everyone!!!
Congrats!!!! 59 pounds is AMAZING and I am very happy for you. Fingers crossed.

Quote:
NSV for me this weekend....I needed some new dress pants for work because the 8's I had recently purchased at Goodwill were getting saggy in the butt. I ended up with 3 pair of size 6!!!!!!! I was in high school,the last time I wore a size 6! The down side to this is that my butt has disappeared and now I am wondering if I should buy those padded underwear.
and
Quote:
I hit goal this morning! 50 lbs lost since May 13th!
CONGRATS!! That's astounding! So happy for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by megjohnsonnj View Post
Made it through my birthday and my daughter's Sweet 16 on plan. woo hoo!
That's awesome! Congrats! I should imagine it is very empowering to make it through such events!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nalaroo View Post
NSV for me! I had to invest in dress clothes for work this weekend. I'm down from a 22/24 (3x) shirt (which was getting too tight) to a 14(xl) shirt and down from a 24 pant to a 16 pant. Bra down from a 46C to a 38DD.
That's awesome! I still have a few inexpensive suits around if you need them (size 16/18). PM if you do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GettinHealthyNow View Post
Weekend went great despite challenge of dinner on Saturday at the in-laws My mother in law is a bit...challenging...and has been passive-aggressively condescending about my weight over the years, so I was NOT looking forward to it. However, my goals are more important than my pride so when she continued to push to know why I was refusing the wine/bread/dessert, I bit the bullet and just said "I'm on a diet". Her smirk was infuriating, but it's a minor irritant to what I'm working to accomplish. SO I guess that's my NSV for the week!

Weigh in tonight - so looking forward to it. My bathroom scale says I'm down 7 pounds this week Hope the coach's agrees!
Kathy congrats! I am sorry that you MIL is not supportive of you, but you rose above her petty behavior and were positive and supportive for yourself. That's awesome and very powerful.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:56 PM   #57  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

Quote:
Hi all.

ktgrrl - my salvation is this web site. When you feel tempted, read this site. Read ANY of the threads. You need support and you will not only get it, you will FEEL it from here.

We are all going through the same thing, some with more weight to lose, some with more. The common thread is that we all want to make this work.

My personal suggestion? Do not let ONE TINY LITTLE BIT of anything OP in your mouth. If you do not start, it cannot snowball into more and losing track.

Know you are strong enough to do it and the joy of posting every week what you have lost will be great reward.
Old 09-30-2013, 01:59 PM   #58  

I'm always surprised when people are negative about someone's diet. If you don't like your hair color nobody judges when you dye it, if you hurt your arm nobody judges if you see a doctor. We are taking care of ourselves and actively doing something to make ourselves healthier and to increase our self esteem. If somebody wants to be snide or passive aggressive, then screw em. It's much easier to do this diet every day and change our bodies than for them to change their jerk personalities I suppose.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:03 PM   #59  
Restarting IP 100%

S/C/G: 272/see signature/165

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooshie76 View Post
I'm always surprised when people are negative about someone's diet. If you don't like your hair color nobody judges when you dye it, if you hurt your arm nobody judges if you see a doctor. We are taking care of ourselves and actively doing something to make ourselves healthier and to increase our self esteem. If somebody wants to be snide or passive aggressive, then screw em. It's much easier to do this diet every day and change our bodies than for them to change their jerk personalities I suppose.

I swear I wanted to open a thread about this! God! It is like nobody can leave us alone when we are on this diet, they have to have a negative comment or opinion! It is always like they have to interfere and telling us that what we are doing is wrong! Seriously people, if you don't agree on what we're doing, don't do it yourself, but leave us in peace to continue our journey, we are doing this for ourselves not for you.
Old 09-30-2013, 02:24 PM   #60  
Started IP - 8/27/13

S/C/G: 265/ticker/170

Height: 5'10"

Default I sabotaged myself this week!!!

Hi Lovelies,

I had WI #5 and I'm down 1lb...BUT!!! I had a sharp increase to my FAT percentage because I made some blended veggies to add to my soup mix and I used homemade chicken stock that I froze before I started IP. PLUS last week I bought coffee for breakfast and added a splash of half n half, so silly!! So, week 5 I lost a pound and 1.5 inches and had a spike in body fat. I knew I was getting careless... Ironically, I went out on Saturday night to a bar with friends and didn't crave or miss alcohol at all. It's just the little careless slip ups that got me this week.

Next week is my last WI before a 2 week trip to Canada. I have sufficient IP foods to bring and plan to stay OP during the trip. I just need to be mindful of too much sightseeing/walking (since I've lost quite a bit of lean mass so far) and I really don't want to add a fourth packet.

Have a great OP day everyone!!
Closed Thread