Old 09-27-2013, 05:09 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 233/233/130

Height: 5'4"

Default Today just stunk

Today I feel like

I have not had anything to eat since breakfast, my 2 yo. decided not to nap today and he does not let me out of his sight for a second not even to cross the room to get my glass of water with out him screaming and bawling let alone eat anything since I made my 2 IP chocolate waffles which he ate 1 and 1/4 of!!!
He can now climb up the side of the cabinets to get on the counters in the kitchen and start walking and climbing up there so I cant even come into the kitchen with him at all1 He is a little monkey!!!
He is teething and clingy at this age and it is par for the course I guess.
sarahBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:38 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

I remember those days very well! It will get better! I've had days when I was not able to eat a meal or I only could eat part of one due to whatever insanity I was dealing with.

Being a mother is a full-time job!! It is sometimes stressful - I can empathize! You will go on, though, hon! We're all in this together - just do your best, and don't punish yourself!
zephyr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 05:49 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 297/IP start 270/201/160

Height: 5 foot 6

SarahBell - As a mother of two once-young sons, I can really understand your situation! One of my challenges now is learning to take care of MYSELF after 20+ years taking care of the boys, our daughter, husband, cat, dog, etc.

That is part of how I got into the predicament I am in now, but I have learned that it is indeed now ME time and I do not apologize or excuse it.

So hang in there, take a long, hot bath tonight and let Calgon take you away?
schenectady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:04 PM   #4  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Oh how I remember those days! Maybe having RTD's on hand so you can slurp them down for your breakfast and lunch protein would help? Also, I keep a container of mixed field greens in my fridge for my lunch time veggie. You can pre-measure 2 cups at a time and put them in a ziploc to grab on the go and just squirt in some oil/vinegar or whatever salad dressing you choose. This way you will get something quick and easy on the days your little one is not letting you out of sight. Hang in there! It gets better. Believe it or not, when they leave home you sort of miss those days when they were little.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:11 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 282/166/170

Height: 5.6

Hi Sarahbell - oh that sounds like a hard and tiring day. Your little monkey is keeping you very busy. It will get easier and remember to take care of yourself. If we give to ourselves it makes us a better mom. I know I do better with my two five year olds if I am taking care of me and eating when I need to.
Jenny38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #6  

Thanks guys. He is #3 for us and he has an alpha male personality very aggressive and strong willed!!! I wanted to get a large iced coffee from McDs just to have a moment of ME time when we went grocery shopping (that is a fiasco on its own level) with the other 2 along (ages 8 and 15)....I just wanted to escape into the creamy heavenly goodness of a McCafe Iced Coffee or Frappe but did not so a small NSV there I guess.

I am at my limit. I am super excited abt this stuff I ordered to clean my floors and cabinets I cant wait to use it, BUT today went out the window so I have so much to do this weekend too

I need a hug :S:
Old 09-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #7  
heavenleighstar

S/C/G: 332/320/220

Height: 5'4

Hugs to u. You have to set a limits as well. I would of made sure he took a nap and I stop taking my kids to the grocery store a longntime ago I would of had the 15 year stay home with the younger kids We all have to have alone time it is mandatory for our own mental health some things are non negotiable such as naps 1. Because if they dont get a nap and is on a schedule they are usually become grumpy and whining all day. 2. I used that time to clean up..eat watch a movie thats not a cartoon or even take a shower and get dressed. Not being mean but it is a necessity you arent super woman and shouldn't try to be her bc its impossible... not eating all day is just crazy and not good for ur diet.
skinnyki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 11:09 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 204/see ticker/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahBell View Post
Thanks guys. He is #3 for us and he has an alpha male personality very aggressive and strong willed!!! I wanted to get a large iced coffee from McDs just to have a moment of ME time when we went grocery shopping (that is a fiasco on its own level) with the other 2 along (ages 8 and 15)....I just wanted to escape into the creamy heavenly goodness of a McCafe Iced Coffee or Frappe but did not so a small NSV there I guess.

I am at my limit. I am super excited abt this stuff I ordered to clean my floors and cabinets I cant wait to use it, BUT today went out the window so I have so much to do this weekend too

I need a hug :S:

I have a 6 year old boy who is trying to convince me daily that the rules do not apply to him. It's no wonder I feel like starting a drinking problem!

Take a hot shower or bath (preferably a bath) and just allow yourself to "be". Drink some hot tea (chamomile is good), and try and relax. If that doesn't work, scream into your pillow.
zephyr1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 02:15 AM   #9  
My own kind of beautiful

S/C/G: 334/245/175

Deana509 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2013, 08:58 AM   #10  

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyki View Post
Hugs to u. You have to set a limits as well. I would of made sure he took a nap and I stop taking my kids to the grocery store a longntime ago I would of had the 15 year stay home with the younger kids We all have to have alone time it is mandatory for our own mental health some things are non negotiable such as naps 1. Because if they dont get a nap and is on a schedule they are usually become grumpy and whining all day. 2. I used that time to clean up..eat watch a movie thats not a cartoon or even take a shower and get dressed. Not being mean but it is a necessity you arent super woman and shouldn't try to be her bc its impossible... not eating all day is just crazy and not good for ur diet.
He does take his naps daily. They are abt 2hrs sometimes 3 hrs which I can do so much in that time frame and that includes sitting down and eating!!! But yesterday he napped for abt 40 mins and that was it; and it went all down hill from there.

My hubby works from home and he was in a training class all day so leaving little peanut home with the other two could not happen because he would just cry and scream because I was not in front of his face for every second of the day (he is just at that age)

BUT when he naps I can get everything cleaned up, laundry folded and supper ready for the grill or even made!

Yesterday just stunk like rotten eggs