Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #16  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caressme View Post
Thanks and congrats on your loss!!! I will def be taking your idea when i stall out/plateau this fat of mine is stubborn but its gotta go! Like Beyonce said to the left to the left .. Thanks for the words of encouragement ..
I can relate to you, because when I get TOM, my weight loss comes to a standstill, too. And ovulation is close to the same thing for me. ugh So, I have worked hard on just reminding myself that, if I stay OP, I know I can't be gaining fat. It has to be water. And water flushes out, eventually. It's part of the mental game. It's tough sometimes, though.

I like your tune . . . keep that in your head until TOM is gone . . .maybe he'll get the hint! Have a good day.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:35 AM   #17  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
Tomorrow marks 3 months on IP, at today's WI total lost: 42.3 lbs and 21 inches. Celebrating with a wildberry yogurt rhubarb raspberry smoothie for breakfast
Well done! And what a wonderful way to celebrate! You are a wild woman!! LOL
Old 09-11-2013, 11:16 AM   #18  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Default Hi all

Hi again to all my active IP friends! I'm doing OK..
Since Lisa let you know I was not well over labor day, I have posted an update on what's been happening in the over 50 thread yesterday... (Since I'm well into that population!)

Still have some issues with my overall health that are being monitored.. But I've been reading here every few days.

Wow to so many good progress postings! Way to go gang! I love seeing the progress and the supportive replies.
Sending good day wishes and happy weekly weigh in vibes to everyone!
Old 09-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #19  

I am also down, but not in weight LOL, this morning...gained 2lbs and it sucks. I just started last Tuesday and lost 5lbs by Monday and then gained today. Trying to stay positive but can't deny feeling a bit hopeless.

Congrats on everyones losses and the throwing out of said granny panties...I loved that.

SylviesGirl...can I ask about your shake up? I may need one myself.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:37 AM   #20  

shrinking susie my husband followed my dinners, cut back on beer with friends on the weekends and shed 15lbs last year. The last week he has been doing the same and has already lost 5lbs...which made me feel even crummier this morning when I gained...darn men! Anyways, if you have a coach you could talk about his job requirements and whether or not he would be a good candidate. Perhaps a phase 2 would be more appropriate.
Old 09-11-2013, 12:54 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 197.6/see ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

I have a confession, well two. I am giving up Quest bars. They've been tasting like more too often so they've got to go. I no longer have any at the house and I won't be buying more. Yesterday I ate completely off plan. I know it was a choice and it really reminds me that all those times I ate when I wasn't hungry was a choice too. It gave me a tummy ache. I only have 16 lbs left to get to goal. I know I can do it! While the stuff I ate was good, it wasn't better that getting smaller and it's sure as heck not better than getting to look good in a swimsuit or better than seeing my husband's family looking hot. They're such fat shamers that I've always felt uncomfortable around them. I have 10 days before I see everyone and I want to look as good as I possibly can!!

I got new IP foods last night to keep things exciting and keep me going.

Have you ever seen that quote, you only accept the love you think you deserve? I think I feel that way about my body. I only accept the body I think I deserve. I think I deserve to have a body I hate. I'm working hard to change that about myself. Learning to believe compliments, to accept them as truth and not fling open the doors and show all my skeletons.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #22  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilH3 View Post
Have you ever seen that quote, you only accept the love you think you deserve? I think I feel that way about my body. I only accept the body I think I deserve. I think I deserve to have a body I hate. I'm working hard to change that about myself. Learning to believe compliments, to accept them as truth and not fling open the doors and show all my skeletons.
I think that is so true, especially for me. I know how you feel. I don't know how many times someone has said to me, I like your hair, sweater, whatever and my first reaction is to say something negative about myself - My hair is so difficult to manage, the colour of this sweater makes me look sallow, etc. I've really had to work hard at just saying thank you and leaving it at that.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:12 PM   #23  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Good morning all. A little break in the madness that is my work life and I have enjoyed following up with you all via here. Congrats on all the losses and keep the faith to those who are struggling a bit. Like life, our losses can ebb and flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Well, I'm excited to say, my little "shake up" worked! I am down 4.5 lbs today!!! That is huge for me!! After nothing last week and small losses the two weeks prior this feels SO good!
Congrats! Glad that shakeup worked for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimnd113 View Post
Tomorrow marks 3 months on IP, at today's WI total lost: 42.3 lbs and 21 inches. Celebrating with a wildberry yogurt rhubarb raspberry smoothie for breakfast
Woot! Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
I was not well over labor day ***Still have some issues with my overall health that are being monitored.. But I've been reading here every few days.
Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. I hope that you are on the mend soon! Be well.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:23 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Good morning fellow IPers I first want to start with my thoughts and prayers to the victims and families of 9/11... I hope everyone is having a great OP day . I'm still fighting some hunger pangs, but since being in ketosis it's not so bad...no cravings though yay! Let's all have an awesome week
Old 09-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 250/225(First Goal)

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth Ann View Post
This made me laugh Susie! One of my sisters told me this weekend to "just put on your big girl panties" and I could honestly tell her "I can't! I threw them all away!"
Good on Ruth Ann, I love it
Old 09-11-2013, 01:49 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 262/231.5/180

Default yay! it really works!

So I had my 11th week weigh in today, and have lost 31lbs!! I am super excited and actuallyfeel encouraged that this plan will actually work for ME too. It is really interesting how our mind plays tricks on us...I see how all of the people on this forum have been super successful and actually reach their goal weight, yet I feel that somehow they just be different and better then I am...but now I feel that I CAN actually do it. Typically I don't have a defeatist attitude, but when it comes to my weight, I feel I can't trust myself...I feel so much more in control of my eating, it feels great

I had a few Weeks where the scale barely moved, and I wanted to give up...but then I look at Lisa, and some of the other ” goal meeters”, and I kept plugging along...drinking more water, doing a little biking or walking, eating more salads..eating rhubarb (which is the cure for the big C, for me)...

Anyway, be encouraged everyone...just stick to it!!!!!! Eventually, if your calories in are less then calories out, you have to lose weight
Old 09-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Good day fellow IP'ers! As stated yesterday, I've officially changed my goal to 125. it may take me a while to hit it as I'm going to start going to the gym and hopefully turning some of this flab into toned muscle. We shall see! I'll keep y'all posted!

Last edited by Suchawittygal; 09-11-2013 at 02:17 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #28  
Started IP 6-5-13

S/C/G: 211.4/154.0/155

Height: 5'7 and a half!

Quote:
I have a confession, well two. I am giving up Quest bars. They've been tasting like more too often so they've got to go. I no longer have any at the house and I won't be buying more. Yesterday I ate completely off plan. I know it was a choice and it really reminds me that all those times I ate when I wasn't hungry was a choice too. It gave me a tummy ache. I only have 16 lbs left to get to goal. I know I can do it! While the stuff I ate was good, it wasn't better that getting smaller and it's sure as heck not better than getting to look good in a swimsuit or better than seeing my husband's family looking hot. They're such fat shamers that I've always felt uncomfortable around them. I have 10 days before I see everyone and I want to look as good as I possibly can!!

I got new IP foods last night to keep things exciting and keep me going.

Looks like you caught yourself and have attacked with a plan to stay on track. There is someone around some of the older threads that had a quote that says something like this: the failure is not in the falling down it is in the staying down. Sounds like you won't be staying down. Take care of you.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:31 PM   #29  

Quote:
Quest bars are back out of my house, as well. If I get one, I'll have to go to GNC and buy one. They are so very tempting for me. Anything that tastes like more has to go. Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
My husband is wanting to do IP for a coulpe weeks to get rid of his "beer-gut", however he is in the military and does heavy exercise daily. I'm not sure how to go about this. I know that with light exercise, an extra packet is required, but what about high cardio exercise (running up and down ski hills) and heavy weight lifting?
Back in March, my DH wanted to do the same thing but I knew he didn't need IP P1. I put him on a P2-like plan, using shakes from Optimum Nutrition (100% whey). He dropped 15 lbs FAST and still had the energy for his Spartacus workouts. I think he may have even had 3 shakes plus the 2 low carb meals. He has kept away from starches since (well, except for beer on the weekends!) but has added back in fruit and other veggies (more green beans, tomatoes, etc than I eat) and a little more fat.
Old 09-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #30  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post

Still have some issues with my overall health that are being monitored.. But I've been reading here every few days.
Beaming healing vibes your way.
Closed Thread