Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #46  
IP start 8/15/13

S/C/G: 244/211/195

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allend428 View Post
I started IP last Tuesday. I weighed in this morning and I've lost 15lbs. I was expecting 6 or 8, but I'll take 15!
That is fantastic! What an inspiration to us all
Old 09-09-2013, 03:40 PM   #47  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by theEguarantee View Post
Today marks the end of my 16th week & I'm down a total of 53.2lb! I'm staying on Phase 1 til Halloween, then i'll be phasing out for the holidays. I've decided to start exercising with a personal trainer starting in December! I'm so excited!
Congratulations on such a tremendous success! WTG!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:47 PM   #48  

Height: 5'5"

Hello all hope you are having a good OP day!

Question... I have a cold can I take any medicines I want or do some contain suger etc?
Old 09-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 242/242/165

Height: 5'9"

I am really happy to have found this board for support. I started last Tuesday and finished one week! First WI is wednesday, I am not going by my scale right now, but feeling ok, a little hungry. I told my roommate about the diet yesterday, and she was so critical I wish I hadn't...you don't need another extreme diet, just eat healthy, make life changes, get more exercise. I had some extra apples I told her she could have...and what? you can't have fruit? That's not healthy! I said but it's based on a metabolic change, some times you have to change your metabolism. She said just go on medication to change it. She made me feel so low!
I know I was cranky a few months ago when I did hcg, but it would really be nice to have support. At least I can call my mom. She lost 60 pounds last year and has been pushing me to do IP since then.

I harbor a lot of emotional and mental negativity when it comes to diets, so today I decided a few things: I am not announcing this diet to anyone else. I am NOT going to complain about this diet...I will only be positive and enjoy the weight loss, not the sacrifices. I am NOT goint to cheat on this diet like every other....that only leads to guilt and failure. If I am 100% OP, there is no guilt, no negative feelings, just pride in my accomplishments. I will also start shopping for clothes that I like....It's been forever since I actually had clothes that were my style. I just bought whatever fit and covered me right and that was cheap. I have never owned a little black dress. I decided that will be the first thing I buy when I reach goal, plus lots of other new clothes, but I will splurge and spend $ on something flattering and sexy.

Have a great week everyone!
Karen

Last edited by kcandponies; 09-09-2013 at 04:44 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #50  
Started IP August 14 2013

S/C/G: 216.5/153/155

Height: 5'7"

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcandponies View Post
I harbor a lot of emotional and mental negativity when it comes to diets, so today I decided a few things: I am not announcing this diet to anyone else. I am NOT going to complain about this diet...I will only be positive and enjoy the weight loss, not the sacrifices. I am NOT goint to cheat on this diet like every other....that only leads to guilt and failure. If I am 100% OP, there is no guilt, no negative feelings, just pride in my accomplishments.
Go Karen! You can do it. Getting healthy is a personal decision and it's a shame people can't be more supportive but we can all do this together on the forum
Old 09-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #51  
Started IP May 17, 2013

S/C/G: 287/179/150

Height: 5'7.5"

Karen,

Good for you. People have criticised the programme within my hearing reach. I am doing it on the encouragement of my brother who also did it a few months ago. (He lost 37 pounds. I have a few more than to go.)

From reading I have been doing, modern science is turning what used to be nutritional dogma on its head and now saying that it is the carbs and sugars that have been making us fat -- not the proteins and the fats. We really don't need carbs to survive. The rates of cancer and other forms of degenerative diseases are lower in tribal societies where consumption of carbs was/is also lower.

From what I have experienced with the programme so far, it really works. You get excellent value for your effort and ketosis helps to curb cravings. So I haven't often felt very hungry while on this programme.

Stick with it and you will surprise the naysayers. They will be coming to ask you how you did it!

Annik
Old 09-09-2013, 05:16 PM   #52  

Oh I like your baskets! I have a shelf in my panty and my husband says it gets bigger and bigger every time he comes back from working out of town! (I like to keep a box of everything I eat on hand so I can eat whatever I want when I want it!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetScrumptious View Post
Good news this morning. A girl I work with, who I have NOT told about my diet, commented that it looked like I lost weight I'm not seeing it but I guess it's noticeable! Amazing what dropping 15 lbs has accomplished so far.

Now that my roommate has moved out and I have ample of kitchen space, I spent some time yesterday evening organizing an Ideal Protein cupboard! The bottom shelf is dedicated to drinks/puddings, the middle shelf is soups/entrees, and the top is snacks (the little box beside it is filled with bars). I'm short, so if I want a snack/restricted packet - I gotta grab a stool in order to get one... more effort so I better want it I just need to make some pretty labels for the baskets.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:41 PM   #53  
support, not criticism

S/C/G: 219/187.6/140

Height: 5'4"

My WI went well on Saturday - down 4.2 pounds so over 17 pounds in 4 weeks. I am hoping to hit 20 next week which will also bring me down to onederland - a double whammy!

I have also done a shelf in my pantry (it's a pull out shelf) and I love pulling it out to look at all my supplies! I went a little crazy buying food so have enough for a few months!
Old 09-09-2013, 05:45 PM   #54  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
WOW huge weight loss! Thats gotta feel good! Great job! How are you feeling overall? Did the hunger pangs go away?
I feel great. I feel like I have more energy of the evenings. The hunger pangs have gone away for the most part. The closer it is to dinner time, I start to feel hungry. But I drink some water and say to myself "it won't be long now."
Old 09-09-2013, 06:52 PM   #55  

Quote:
Originally Posted by trishthayer View Post
Hello all hope you are having a good OP day!

Question... I have a cold can I take any medicines I want or do some contain suger etc?
Ask the pharmacist which ones are for diabetics. Any of the liquids could very easily have sugar.

Quote:
I harbor a lot of emotional and mental negativity when it comes to diets, so today I decided a few things: I am not announcing this diet to anyone else. I am NOT going to complain about this diet...I will only be positive and enjoy the weight loss, not the sacrifices. I am NOT going to cheat on this diet like every other....that only leads to guilt and failure. If I am 100% OP, there is no guilt, no negative feelings, just pride in my accomplishments.
Let's hear it for positivity! Welcome!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:36 PM   #56  
Started IP Aug 19, 2013

S/C/G: 218/187.5/144

Height: 5'5

Quote:
I harbor a lot of emotional and mental negativity when it comes to diets, so today I decided a few things: I am not announcing this diet to anyone else. I am NOT going to complain about this diet...I will only be positive and enjoy the weight loss, not the sacrifices. I am NOT goint to cheat on this diet like every other....that only leads to guilt and failure. If I am 100% OP, there is no guilt, no negative feelings, just pride in my accomplishments. I will also start shopping for clothes that I like....
I love your attitude! And I'm sorry you didn't get support from the person you decided to tell about the program This is a very personal journey and a very personal decision how we each want to handle it. There's no 'right' or 'wrong'. I'm just very happy that we can come here to this forum and KNOW we will be supported! No negativity. No skepticism. We are all in this together - this IP Family of ours!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #57  

Hi all! Just a quick post before I have supper of the "cake" I made for my birthday today - it was yummy! Thanks to Rainbow for her recipe ideas

Jo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (22.7 KB, 18 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 156/124/125

PurpleMomster Happy Birthday!!! And that cake looks fabulous!
I need to make time to try Rainbows truffles. The fudge cake mix arrived yesterday.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:58 PM   #59  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

WTG, Great job!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonhs View Post
My WI went well on Saturday - down 4.2 pounds so over 17 pounds in 4 weeks. I am hoping to hit 20 next week which will also bring me down to onederland - a double whammy!

I have also done a shelf in my pantry (it's a pull out shelf) and I love pulling it out to look at all my supplies! I went a little crazy buying food so have enough for a few months!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:59 PM   #60  
Restart - June17/15

S/C/G: 221/215/160

Height: 5"6

Happy Birthday!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleMomster View Post
Hi all! Just a quick post before I have supper of the "cake" I made for my birthday today - it was yummy! Thanks to Rainbow for her recipe ideas

Jo
Closed Thread