Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #61  

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by berteau View Post
Hi everyone and congrats to everyone for sticking with it.

Does anyone have advice for surviving a professional sporting event? I am going to a game this weekend with a pre-game package (nothing on the IP plan), followed by the game.

I checked the vendors at the park, and I think the only thing I could eat would be the ivy in center field.

Any suggestions for surviving without cheating?

My will power is strong, but the sun+beer+hot dogs & grilled onions may do me in!

Thanks,

Kelly
Honestly, we have season tickets to our football team and I eat before we go, I just don't trust myself at the stadium with all the good <fried> food there. I try to bring a good <restricted> snack when we go so I don't feel completely left out. I guess you could have a plain burger without the bun if you had a salad or something before you went. Or a hot dog maybe?

Good luck!

Jo
Old 08-21-2013, 09:09 PM   #62  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Hi yall! I am in need of serious guidance. I have been on IP for almost 8 months and have lost about 60 lbs. Yay! I found out today that I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!! I called my clinic and talked to my coach today. I specifically asked how to go about getting off IP because I'm pregnant and all she said was just add things in gradually. I know there has to be more to it than that.

Anyone out there with specific advice on how to phase off because of pregnancy, please let me know!!!! Thanks in advance!

Last edited by aliboo723; 08-21-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #63  

Hello All, this is my first post. I just completed week 8 on Ideal Protein and i'm down 25lbs. I feel great and just love it!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:34 PM   #64  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
I know what you are saying about the splenda taste. I personally don't notice it in the sugar free syrups although they contain it. Maybe it's because I don't add a lot or it is covered by decaf coffee & a little protein shake. Haven't tried them in puddings, etc.
hmm maybe if i add the shake as well it'll taste better - right now i dont miss the coffee but in the winter i def will ...
Old 08-21-2013, 09:37 PM   #65  
Started IP 8/12/13

S/C/G: 226/183.6/150

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joyfuljoni View Post
Hello All, this is my first post. I just completed week 8 on Ideal Protein and i'm down 25lbs. I feel great and just love it!
WELCOME!! Thats awesome you inspire me and hundreds of others on here - keep up the good work
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 223/217/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi! This is my 10th day on IP. I was reading the IP protocol sheet and it says to take 4 cal-mag/day. My coach said to only take 2/day. Does anyone else do this? Also, I am super hungry throughout the day! When should the hunger subside? I am off of work for awhile but when I go back I can't imagine this diet working for me. I barely have enough energy to get household chores done right now. I don't see how I will have enough energy to get thru 8 to 12 hour days. What can I do to get an energy boost?

Thank you!
Old 08-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Hi yall! I am in need of serious guidance. I have been on IP for almost 8 months and have lost about 60 lbs. Yay! I found out today that I'm PREGNANT!!!!!!! I called my clinic and talked to my coach today. I specifically asked how to go about getting off IP because I'm pregnant and all she said was just add things in gradually. I know there has to be more to it than that.

Anyone out there with specific advice on how to phase off because of pregnancy, please let me know!!!! Thanks in advance!
I don't have the answer for you, but I wanted to say congratulations!!!!!

If you don't get an answer tonight, post again tomorrow so more people will see your question. I know it's been discussed before.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #68  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Quote:

Congrats!!! I think you should phase off properly following the protocols. Maybe only a week of phase 2, and a week of phase 3, but I think it's important to slowly reintroduce carbs back in. Otherwise you might end up getting sick. However being pregnant you might end of sick anyways!
Old 08-22-2013, 12:02 AM   #69  
sugar is the devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyfrost View Post
Hi! This is my 10th day on IP. I was reading the IP protocol sheet and it says to take 4 cal-mag/day. My coach said to only take 2/day. Does anyone else do this? Also, I am super hungry throughout the day! When should the hunger subside? I am off of work for awhile but when I go back I can't imagine this diet working for me. I barely have enough energy to get household chores done right now. I don't see how I will have enough energy to get thru 8 to 12 hour days. What can I do to get an energy boost?

Thank you!
For the weight you are at now, you should be eating an extra packet a day (so a total of 4 packs/day). And since you are just starting IP, you can have an extra pack a day anyways since you are still going through the side effects of ketosis (ie. still fatigued).

Try 4 packs/a day! See if that makes a difference
Old 08-22-2013, 01:28 AM   #70  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinkyfrost View Post

Thank you!
for your cal mag question. I suggest you read the bottle you have as I believe they re formulated it this spring. Once you read the label on the bottle I would follow the dosage information there.
Also as SweetScrumptious says about your hunger and your current body weight is true, so go up to at least four packets a day (three unrestricted and 1 restricted) if you are still hungry go ahead and add another unrestricted (an extra packet is not uncommon for the first week or two. Also people add an extra on days they are extra active, so when returning to work remember this too)
Old 08-22-2013, 01:41 AM   #71  
IP Round #3: 11/14/2023

S/C/G: 210/184/145

Height: 5'5"/49yo

Quote:

Immediately move to Phase 3 and congrats! I am having my little girl in 2 weeks...love to hear about the IP babies! Waiting for the brave IPer who names thir baby Tran.
Closed Thread