Old 08-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meeshellee View Post
That's one question I have for my coach...why you aren't supposed to have MIO with caffeine, but coffee is ok.
I think because more people are addicted to Coffee than Mio and telling them they have to stop would be a deal killer.
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:47 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 262/226/160

Height: 5ft2

I use my foreman daily!! Makes things easier
HeatherRedstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #18  
Joined IP July 25, 2013

Height: 5'9"

Thanks tightwad...that's probably it.
Meeshellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:45 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 190/ticker/165

regarding caffiene. I used to drink Mt Dew daily. I stopped that and started on Rockstar drinks....the Recovery line are personal favorites. When I started back up with the IP Protocol (using alternatives) I mostly stopped drinking any of them...certainly no soda. I have had 1 Rockstar and a couple of 5 hour energy but not a daily thing...plenty of energy but I can't stay up as late as I used to. I was never a coffee drinker so the habit of the hot liquid isn't ingrained...maybe that makes a difference?
tightwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 06:56 PM   #20  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

I am trying some for the very first time, but Tyson's or some other chicken producer makes frozen bags of whole, grilled chicken breasts. I just threw a couple into my steamer ($20, invaluable for IP!) along with my veggies and will be eating in less than 20 mins, with literally no prep. If money is less of an issue (and since you are doing alternatives, you should be saving some money) then buy prepped and cut veggies. I use them at least twice a week. Good luck!
lauran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:13 PM   #21  
Started IP 6/12/13

S/C/G: 244/177/150

I just bought a cheap, 1.5 quart crockpot. I'm thinking throw in some meat, a little WF and/or spices and you're done. Or I have an IP-friendly taco soup recipe. Then when I get to Phase 3, oatmeal!
bimnd113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #22  
Started IP July 2013

S/C/G: 329/265/154

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkingsusie View Post
I cut up all of my veggies (except ones that spoil easily like mushrooms, cucumber, etc) the day I do my grocery shopping. It takes time then, but I would rather do it once than daily. Then when I am making my veggies it is only a matter of grabbing some out to eat raw, throwing some in a steamer, or cutting them a bit smaller and dropping them onto a salad. It really is about a lifestyle change, not just changing the way you eat. You CAN do this!
This is such a pain in the neck to do but if I don't do them the day we get home and have everything planned and ready to go it is so easy to either let food spoil or start to get tempted to do something easier...and easier is never the healthy option. It really is a complete lifestyle change...and a complete redo on how you think about food.
garnettac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:40 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettac View Post
This is such a pain in the neck to do but if I don't do them the day we get home and have everything planned and ready to go it is so easy to either let food spoil or start to get tempted to do something easier...and easier is never the healthy option. It really is a complete lifestyle change...and a complete redo on how you think about food.
It sure is! And such good habits to be in!
Produce is now treated with the utmost respect in my house
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #24  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Try Teeccino- an herbal coffee that comes in tea bags. It is caffeine free, but gives you the sense that you are drinking coffee. It comes in flavors. Add a little vanilla RTD and you'd never know the difference! You can fool yourself lol.
This sounds like it has possibilities! Thanks so much.
weight4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:59 AM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
I am trying some for the very first time, but Tyson's or some other chicken producer makes frozen bags of whole, grilled chicken breasts. I just threw a couple into my steamer ($20, invaluable for IP!) along with my veggies and will be eating in less than 20 mins, with literally no prep. If money is less of an issue (and since you are doing alternatives, you should be saving some money) then buy prepped and cut veggies. I use them at least twice a week. Good luck!
Thank you!
weight4me2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettac View Post
Yep, quick and easier has done us all in. I think a reason our population has gotten progressively heavier is that protein and veggies take cooking or at least preparing. Carbs and fat are available all over in grap and go format.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:03 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

Since you arent starting until Septemeber 1, you have some time to ween yourself off. I would recommend using Starbucks VIA decaf coffee and then cut your full strength coffee, starting with your afternoon coffees, with the decaf.
shayb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:21 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

I used to NEVER be able to drink black coffee, then I discovered Dunkin Donuts Strawberry Shortcake coffee (sold at Target). I can drink that stuff black and I LOVE IT! I do about two cups a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon), and I'm good! If you're struggling with black coffee, I strongly suggest at least tasting this stuff.
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 209/164/130

Height: 5'2

Default Make soup ahead of time

Hi! I am new and was wondering if I can mix the chicken noodle soup ahead of time, add my cooked veggies and take it to work in the morning, then heat it up at lunch time. Or, does the soup have to be eaten right after adding water?
Thanks!

Last edited by Aydubs; 08-10-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Aydubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #30  
Workin' It

S/C/G: 205/186(IP)/159/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
I used to NEVER be able to drink black coffee, then I discovered Dunkin Donuts Strawberry Shortcake coffee (sold at Target). I can drink that stuff black and I LOVE IT! I do about two cups a day (one in the morning and one in the afternoon), and I'm good! If you're struggling with black coffee, I strongly suggest at least tasting this stuff.
Have you tried their Coconut Coffee? Out of this world! Might have to give the strawberry a try someday, but I'm a sucker for anything with a coconut taste
SuzieV is offline   Reply With Quote