Old 08-01-2013, 09:01 PM   #1  
Ideal Protein Diet

S/C/G: 174/161/140

Height: 5'3"

Default Accidentally ate two restricted items today!!

My husband and I have been on the Ideal Protein diet for three weeks. I've lost 10 lbs and he has lost 18. We are following the plan. However, I forgot I had the Pancake Mix this morning and I had the cheese curls for a snack this afternoon. Opps! I meet my coach tomorrow. I plan to tell him my mistake and not eat any restricted items tomorrow. How will this affect my loss? Any ideas?
Whatwhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Ultimately, calorie and carb math is still the "bottom line" of weight loss. If you ate all your packets for the week in one day and none the rest of the week, you'd lose the same (or very close to it) over the course of the week.

It wouldn't be smart, but not because the weight loss would differ. Limiting restricted packets is more about the "big picture" - controlling blood sugar and therefore the hunger and cravings caused by insulin spikes and resulting blood sugar drops.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 09:46 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 217/177/175

Height: 5'7"

Just move on. It was a mistake and can't be undone. It would be worse to stress over it as stress can affect losses too. And over the week it will simply blend in with your overall intake. I doubt it will do anything to your loss.

Last edited by JLUS; 08-01-2013 at 09:46 PM.
JLUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #4  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

I did the same thing and ended up having one of my better weeks of losses. Don't stress, just move on and go back to being OP tomorrow. I panicked at first. It is so funny how dedicated we become. One time I licked mayonnaise off my finger while making my son's sandwich....pure habit. I ran to the sink and spit it out! Then I wiped my tongue with a napkin. Lol.
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:27 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 262/231.5/180

Default You will be fine!

I am just echoing what has been said, it's all about calories in/out and total carbs. Eat lower carb for the rest of the day, and you will be fine. Sometimes slip ups are helpful because they skyrocket motivation. I was forced to go off the diet one day this past weekend (stuck someplace for 7hours with no on plan food available, and because I was miserable in the situation I was stuck in, I really went off plan). I totally blew it, gained a few water/salt weight lbs, woke up with terrible heartburn, felt depressed and guilty and have been stellar about staying super strict the last 5 days, and I still lost. So, moral of the story...cheating is never worth it, but slip ups can scare the bejesus out of you and be motivational at times!
Elgat8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:16 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 190/168/125

Height: 5'0"

Im still OP, I havent been this disciplined in quite awhile! The entire breakroom of the floor Im working on is full of boxes of donuts, burgers, bread, chips, etc, I almost took a pic its so ridiculous. The nurses are in there just gorging themselves and of course they keep pushing food on me. One particularly *****y nurse stated, "Oh well she is just miss healthy." Ha screw them! Im not giving in, I am finally starting to not feel extreme hunger and I do NOT want to go back to that!!!!!!!!
AlaskanRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #7  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanRN View Post
Im still OP, I havent been this disciplined in quite awhile! The entire breakroom of the floor Im working on is full of boxes of donuts, burgers, bread, chips, etc, I almost took a pic its so ridiculous. The nurses are in there just gorging themselves and of course they keep pushing food on me. One particularly *****y nurse stated, "Oh well she is just miss healthy." Ha screw them! Im not giving in, I am finally starting to not feel extreme hunger and I do NOT want to go back to that!!!!!!!!
What a thing for her to say. Sounds like she has some issues of her own that she is projecting. I am always amazed at people that try to sabotage others with words or pushing food on you! Way to stay strong and get healthy.

I walked in to the office the other day and the break room was filled with donuts, cookies, and cake for an employee recognition. I honestly didn't crave any of it. What a change from my pre IP life. Ha!
dak1lls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 04:30 PM   #8  

Yah work is the hardest place to try and avoid crap huh...ppl do not want to be supportive at all. I had a girl last night at work try and convince me "just a lil bit wont hurt you" gosh, i just laughed at her, tried to explain the whole idea of a ketogenic diet, and walked away. What a mellonhead!

Anyhow...one lil mistake one time shouldn't' hurt your losses Whatwhat, i wouldn't stress about it too much...it would be if you did it daily that you would see problems
Art3mis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 05:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

It's not a big deal and you can't make up for it the following day. I've eaten an entire box of restricted once and was fine. If it's done everyday you'd have a problem but once in a while is a o k!

BTW great work so far on IP!!!
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 06:08 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 200.8/186.8/150

Height: 5'5 1/2"

Keep calm and carry on.

There isn't anything that can be done about now, it's in the past. Just keep on truckin' as if nothing ever happened. I really don't think it will affect your loss much if at all.

Great job to you and your hubby! I am doing this with my husband too. We are just finishing our 2nd week (me today and him tomorrow), so we're not far behind ya'!

Last edited by Susie_Bee; 08-02-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Susie_Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 08:01 PM   #11  
Started IP 6/21/2013

S/C/G: 246/219/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Not to jack this thread, but I am so excited to hear this. I know you mentioned struggling on staying 100%. This is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud!
lauran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 09:13 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
I had to learn even before IP that I don't eat any food brought in to work. I just eat what I pack for myself. Most workplaces are a never ending parade of carb laden stuff. After I got used to just eating what I bring for the day I don't even think to look at all that stuff. Funny, no one seems to notice they are focused on what they want to pick for themselves.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 08:33 PM   #13  
Kara - Restart 8/23/2013

S/C/G: 277.4/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Don't worry! My husband the second week in didn't realize oatmeal was restricted and was having oatmeal in the morning and chili in the afternoon for 4 days before I pointed it out to him (I wasn't around him when he ate it)

It didn't affect his loss at all and still lost quite a bit that week.
Calisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 10:21 PM   #14  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calisto View Post
Don't worry! My husband the second week in didn't realize oatmeal was restricted and was having oatmeal in the morning and chili in the afternoon for 4 days before I pointed it out to him (I wasn't around him when he ate it)

It didn't affect his loss at all and still lost quite a bit that week.
Lol I did almost the same thing, I was eating the spaghetti bolognese everyday and a restricted snack, it never slowed down my weight loss, but I think it made me hungrier.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:26 PM   #15  

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauran View Post
Not to jack this thread, but I am so excited to hear this. I know you mentioned struggling on staying 100%. This is a huge accomplishment and you should be proud!
Thank you so much!!! By the end of the day, I was sitting at the table surrounded by the food (it just kept coming in that day) and I wasnt even looking at it! Today I was on a floor where the breakroom and nurses station had cakes and cookies, I just looked away.

And today all this junk food is on a Bariatric unit! The nurses here are gorging on baked goods all day while caring for Bariatric patients, doesnt that just seem wrong............