Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2013, 12:37 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 210/204/170-ish

Height: 5'8"

Going to my niece's wedding this evening. The groom does competition BBQ; he and his buddies are doing all the food. Will be thinking about you while I sip a protein drink and select from the buffet! We CAN and WILL do this!
Old 07-27-2013, 12:48 PM   #17  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
LOL i just made Lisa's chocolate muffins and didn't use papers like suggested my muffins are brown blobs outta the tin lol...i've always used papers for the lemon poppy seed ones i make and it seems to not alter them at all ... tasty tho..thanks for the recipe lisa D:
I make my muffins with zucchini and NO papers (I'd think they'd stick to the papers). A good non-stick muffin pan is a MUST. I made some (banana) here at my Mom's house & they stuck pretty badly.
Packet (I use pudding or potato)
1 egg white. Oops! Forgot that!
.5 tsp baking powder
1 c shredded raw zucchini (then sautéed or pre-ooked in microwave)
Tad of Vanilla
Makes 3 regular-sized muffins = 1 serving

I usually make 4 servings at once

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-28-2013 at 12:25 AM.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:01 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 201/189.6/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm always amazed at what I find on here!!! Definitely going to try muffins!!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 01:04 PM   #19  
Started IP 5/13/13

S/C/G: 185/128/135

Height: 5' 4 1/2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonolady View Post
Oh I am missing my hot air popped corn with butter of course and lots of salt..........oh my mouth is watering. I know someday I can have it again, but not a whole bowlful just a couple cups. LOL Thats the biggest thing I am missing on IP, my salty crunchy snacks, like pretzels and pop corn. I tried the IP BBQ things, the cheddar things, they just dont cut it. I used to have 1 piece of dark chocolate after lunch daily and that I miss too. The chocolate soy things are ok, but I do them only once a week. I seem to do better with a shake for my snack in the afternoon. I drink it in the car on the way home from work (3ish) and then do dinner about 7ish.
I am doing alternatives now and found that the Chile Lime Soy Puffs from Nashua Nutrition are a really good crunchy snack, that is not sweet. I am going to try some of the other flavors on my next order. I am all out right now and really miss them.

Art3mis: Red 2 is the sequel to a movie with Bruce Willis, John Malkovich, and Helen Mirren. They are all former spies. The first movie was really funny. I think it came out a couple of years ago?

Lisa: you are so right. This is a lifestyle change and it will not work if a person doesn't change the way they think about food. I am a food lover and really enjoy mixing flavors and savoring good food. The trick is to incorporate a healthy way of doing this and learn to enjoy all kinds of "good" healthy options, as much as the "bad" foods I have used as comfort foods in the past. I am definitely learning a new way to cook and not have food as the focal point of my social life. I am so fortunate that my DH has embraced this as well. It is so important to be creative with food choices. I look forward to every meal now, as a chance to make something yummy that is good for me and my family.

I am so pleased I don't have cravings. But I love the smell of fresh popped popcorn. lol.
Old 07-27-2013, 01:05 PM   #20  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbhigdon View Post
I'm always amazed at what I find on here!!! Definitely going to try muffins!!!!
Check the recipe threads
Links in the first post of this thread
Old 07-27-2013, 01:29 PM   #21  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

So I'm going camping in a couple of weeks, and trying to plan on plan meals. I was going to phase off, but I really think I'm going to stay on, and make it work. So my question is has anyone tried tin foil dinners with rutabaga instead of potatoes? I was thinking rutabaga, red peppers, and hamburger. Think it would work?
Old 07-27-2013, 02:57 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 196.5/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Had my first NSV today at the store! Saw a friend that I had not seen in over a month and she commented on how good I looked that is great motivation!
On the downside, I am going to stop the quest bars for a while. I love them but they are too tempting for me and it is sooo easy for me to have more than one a day... I tried to justify them by focusing on the fiber content. I was only doing the natural line low fat (5g) ones but they do add up! I will save them for a special treat down the road.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:00 PM   #23  

@lisa32989 when i make the lemon poppyseed ones i use "if you care" unbleached and chlorine free baking cups..and haven't had a problem...imma use those next time i make the chocolate muffins

@dak1lls ahh okay never saw the first movie

So i was out shopping...and i'm noticing im way more irritable and have less patience with ppl lately....anyone else having this kind of change in mood? or is it just me?
Old 07-27-2013, 03:49 PM   #24  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

I am trying my hand at multiquoting. lets see how this goes! Down 2 more pounds this week!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balanced Life View Post
Well tomorrow is weigh in and of course I checked in this morning on the scale. Only down 2 lbs this week but then took measurements and have lost a total of 7" in 2 weeks, 3" off of my waist, 2" off of hips, 1" off of thigh and (sadly lol) 1" off of bust. I cannot believe that my hips are exactly 10" bigger my waist! I am very bottom heavy so this is a big deal for me!

I have the same problem as you do. My waist to hip angle has to be 90 degrees or close to it! Makes fitting into clothes interesting. Everything has to be a little baggy cuz when I sit down, it all pulls tight across the hip. I'm hoping with more weight loss it will finally get better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
So I'm going camping in a couple of weeks, and trying to plan on plan meals. I was going to phase off, but I really think I'm going to stay on, and make it work. So my question is has anyone tried tin foil dinners with rutabaga instead of potatoes? I was thinking rutabaga, red peppers, and hamburger. Think it would work?
I was on the verge of trying this yesterday on my grill. In fact, I was cutting up the rutabaga up but decided it was too old to use. I await with baited breath alongside you for the answer to this!

Have a great weekend everyone! We can do this.
Old 07-27-2013, 03:52 PM   #25  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

oops, my multiquoting attempt backfired! In spite of reading about how to do it, I didn't get it! My first quote above this one has my response within the quote itself. I'll try again someday when I'm feeling brave!
Old 07-27-2013, 07:50 PM   #26  

I think the rutabaga will work fine in your packets. You could also use turnips, but since you are camping you will already have the axe out so may as well have rutabagas!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:57 PM   #27  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allisgirl View Post
Good Morning, Yesterday was my WI and I gained .4 did lose inches. I only have 7 lbs to go But I am really having a hard time trying to stick to program. I usually eat tomato basil soup and veggies for lunch which has been fine for 4 months now It just is not doing it for me. So I bought some of the IP tomato basil macaroni and will try and make a pasta salad. It is dining the day I have a hard time after dinner I am fine. I started on IP April 2 and it has been a great diet but these last 10 has really been hard I find myself cheating all the time. Any suggestions???
At this point I hope your realizing it is a mental game and you need to 'get your head back in the game' The last ten pounds can be really slow compared to the first ten. So my suggestion would be to really focus on this information and let it soak in, then make up your mind that you really want these last seven pounds gone for good and stop cheating. You have to do it for yourself, you are worth it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazynette826 View Post
I say do a test run now, maybe for dinner tomorrow? I think it should work fine though, good luck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art3mis View Post
@lisa32989 So i was out shopping...and i'm noticing im way more irritable and have less patience with ppl lately....anyone else having this kind of change in mood? or is it just me?
I work in customer service, so I have always tended to lose patience with people. Although I try not to let it show of course. Since starting this diet though I seem to be less impatient even though I still see really stupid or rude things being done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
oops, my multiquoting attempt backfired! In spite of reading about how to do it, I didn't get it! My first quote above this one has my response within the quote itself. I'll try again someday when I'm feeling brave!
A tip that you will hopefully fine helpful. When multi quoting, each quote will begin with [*QUOTE=persons name; post #] text of quote [/QUOTE*] (EDIT: I had to put stars in the quotes so that it wouldn't make the quote box in my post lol But you should see hopefully that it looks a little bit like what you saw in the reply window.)

So if you type anything in between the quote brackets, as you found out you are altering the quote, or putting words in someone else's mouth, lol
but you might want to alter a quote to delete all but the part you want to directly comment about.

Normally when multi quoting the quotes are separated by a blank line and that is where I like to leave my comments.

When all else fails remember practice makes perfect and the trial and error system can be really fun!

On the personal front had a lady from town, who really doesn't like me comment "Wow you must have lost a lot of weight because you look taller"

I think it sounds a little weird but I smiled and thanked her knowing how unpleasant she has been to me in the past and grateful for the change.
Everyone have a great rest of your weekend.

Last edited by MntRose; 07-27-2013 at 09:07 PM.
Old 07-27-2013, 08:58 PM   #28  

Lisa, just tried your zuccini muffins and they are so much better than one of the similr recipes that uses egg whites. The texture of these is much better and i realize I forgot to saute the zuccini. I put the dough in three muffin cups then put a quarter teaspoon of extract in each and mixed with a fork. One orange, one coconut and one banana. Mmmm, great snack for movie night.

I baked at 350 for 25 minutes.
Old 07-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #29  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

So I tried my tin foil dinner idea tonight, and it was excellent!!! I used rutabaga, red peppers, and hamburger. It took a little bit longer than potato ones usually take, but worth the wait! Delicious!!!
Old 07-27-2013, 10:35 PM   #30  

Hey there! I just finished my fourth day on IP and am still getting the hang of things. It hasn't been too challenging, but I've had to fight the "urge" to snack in the kitchen. The once thoughtless acts of grabbing a handful of almonds to snack on are now at the forefront of my mind. I'm thankful to have written the first week meal plan (never composed a meal plan in my life), and I must say it has been the most helpful tool yet. I've been reading a lot of information on the message boards and am pretty sure that once I'm a month or so in, I'll be in a comfort zone and be able to use a lot of the great recipes people share.

I do have a question and was hoping I may receive a little advice. Next weekend I'll be leaving early on Saturday morning for a "girls" overnight trip. What have you found to be the best way to prepare for something like this? How do you handle the one meal of the day in a restaurant? I'm nervous, but determined to stay on plan.

Thanks in advance!!
Closed Thread