Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #16  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by amt6 View Post
Hi everyone - I started Phase 3 of my mini-phase off this morning, as I leave for my trip to Europe next week.

I might be posting this in the wrong forum - but I feel very spacey right now. I am wondering if others have had similar side effects when re-introducing carbs/sugar in Phase 3. Oddly enough, I feel almost the same as when I started Phase 1! I was struggling with my blood sugar before starting IP, which thankfully IP has taught me how to control, and I think it might be my body re-acclimating to having sugar again! Any advice would be helpful
I'm paying close attention to your side effects and phase off since I will be doing this in about 4 weeks or so for my trip. Hang in there!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:36 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Hiya folks.

Nothing wild and exciting to report this week. WI found me +1 pound. Not surprising seeing how on Monday I was at the family farm doing grunt labor. I was +8 pounds for a few days due to my poor aching stiff muscles retaining water. So having the scale only showing a small increase in weight doesn't bother me.

Only other exciting thing is I seem to be going through secondary puberty. Lots of facial skin breakouts - logically I know it's my body detoxifying but really? Having to deal with pimples - again?

The great debate in my household at the moment is whether DW and I should move onto phase two. I can as I've lost 90% but I feel that I would like to lose more. The wife is adamant that we should move onto phase 2 before our motorcycle trip at the end of July. I think we can/should stay in phase 1. We can make it work. I do see her point that it would make it easier as far as eating at restaurants for lunch versus munching a cucumber on the side of the road. But whatever, we'll get it worked out.

Well looky there, I guess there was more to report this week than I thought. Have a good week everyone.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:10 PM   #18  

Quote:
Hi everyone - I started Phase 3 of my mini-phase off this morning, as I leave for my trip to Europe next week.

I might be posting this in the wrong forum - but I feel very spacey right now. I am wondering if others have had similar side effects when re-introducing carbs/sugar in Phase 3. Oddly enough, I feel almost the same as when I started Phase 1! I was struggling with my blood sugar before starting IP, which thankfully IP has taught me how to control, and I think it might be my body re-acclimating to having sugar again! Any advice would be helpful
This is a great question for the daily! That way everyone can see the answers.
I felt over full with p3 breakfasts at first and actually had to gradually add more as I got used to them. The first one I could not finish.

I have stayed off wheat/gluten for my phase off so I can't speak to those grains (no wheat, rye, barley, oats, and very little corn). Still felt good, just full MUCH longer!

I make a GF microwave muffin every day plus one egg, fruit, homemade Greek yogurt. The muffin is based on one I learned from Atkins 10-years back. That one was 100% flax seed (0 net carbs). Mine has coconut flour, almond meal, quinoa flour and flax meal. It is a little bit of work to make this breakfast but well worth the extra effort.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:36 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallgirl231 View Post
I'm paying close attention to your side effects and phase off since I will be doing this in about 4 weeks or so for my trip. Hang in there!
I promise to keep you posted! I am very torn about this phase off because I don't quite feel ready to be eating carbs, sugar, dairy again. I am struggling psychologically because I feel like I am cheating on my diet, when in reality, I am doing the responsible thing in making sure I am well prepared for my trip. I'm sure you understand!

So far so good. Phase 2 was a breeze, just fuller with such a big lunch (the only difference between P1 and P2 is adding 8oz of protein to lunch). Phase 3 takes a lot of planning, which is overwhelming, but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it before the week is up! I think my body is just surprised that it's getting a taste of peanut butter, and a mini-bagel, and fruit so soon. I'm sure I'll shake it off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
This is a great question for the daily! That way everyone can see the answers.
I felt over full with p3 breakfasts at first and actually had to gradually add more as I got used to them. The first one I could not finish.

I have stayed off wheat/gluten for my phase off so I can't speak to those grains (no wheat, rye, barley, oats, and very little corn). Still felt good, just full MUCH longer!

I make a GF microwave muffin every day plus one egg, fruit, homemade Greek yogurt. The muffin is based on one I learned from Atkins 10-years back. That one was 100% flax seed (0 net carbs). Mine has coconut flour, almond meal, quinoa flour and flax meal. It is a little bit of work to make this breakfast but well worth the extra effort.
This morning I was stuffed! Had to force myself to finish my fruit. At lunch I could hardly finish my salad. I'm sure my body will adjust, but for now, I'm stuffed!
Old 07-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #20  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzieV View Post
Hello...I'm a diet coke addict. Its been 25 days since my last pop and the start IP (alternative). What a struugle, but I do feel better and it really cut down on cravings for sweets & salty smacks. So much is based on habits we form when we are not even aware of it. Here's to a more thoughtful & authentic day!
I was a Pepsi addict, its been 171 days without one!

I plan on never going back, I don't like how that was my first thought in the morning and my last one before sleeping.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #21  
flubadub15

S/C/G: 152/137.5/135

Height: 5' 2"

Slow going these past two weeks. WI is Saturday so I hope to see a change in my weight. I feel good and clothes seem a little looser so here's hoping.
I am going to order some stuff from the lowcarbgrocery tonight. Hopefully , a Nova Scotia delivery will be quick.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 248.2/ticker/150

Height: 5'5""

One pleasant side affect I have noticed and usually notice with low carb dieting, is no heart burn. I was taking Zantac nightly and eating Tums. But havent had any issues with heartburn or acid since I started this week!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #23  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi, brand new newbie here. Just started IP today, but have been lurking on these threads for a couple of days to pick up some hints and tips. Looking forward to IP being my "last" diet (hopefully). Glad to see most have had a lot of success with this plan.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:50 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by meinola View Post
Hi, brand new newbie here. Just started IP today, but have been lurking on these threads for a couple of days to pick up some hints and tips. Looking forward to IP being my "last" diet (hopefully). Glad to see most have had a lot of success with this plan.
Welcome and good luck! When I started, I told my coach I just wanted to lose 5lbs in the first month in order to keep me motivated. Well, I'm down 25lbs in 8 weeks! It works!!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:53 PM   #25  
IP Start 2/5/13

S/C/G: 315/ip292/see ticker/145

Height: 5ft 5in

onmyway I was so encouraged to hear of your nonscale victories! Way to go!

sarita I hope you have plans to bomb proof your packets from the critters on this camping trip. Sounds so fun I'm jealous

question for the group: I am a 5ft 5in tall woman, I would say normal sized bone structure. Does anyone have any idea of the approximate weight range I should be to fit on a plane seat? In coach without "intruding" on my fellow passengers? I have not flown since '97 so I have no idea what to expect. TIA
Old 07-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #26  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
sarita I hope you have plans to bomb proof your packets from the critters on this camping trip. Sounds so fun I'm jealous
Thank goodness I am not camping this time. I do, however, have my boyfriend's little 11 year old critter in tow who is always asking for my chocolate RTD. He's not gettin' it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brelo View Post
question for the group: I am a 5ft 5in tall woman, I would say normal sized bone structure. Does anyone have any idea of the approximate weight range I should be to fit on a plane seat? In coach without "intruding" on my fellow passengers? I have not flown since '97 so I have no idea what to expect. TIA
Given your current weight (about 230), I think you will be fine. It kind of depends upon where you carry your weight though. I am the same height as you but am alot of chest and butt, but not sides or thighs. I have never really had issues, except with my arms. You'll be infinitely more comfie in an aisle seat.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:19 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 201/189.6/130

Height: 5'4"

Today I started IP!!!! 71 lbs to lose but I know I can do this!!!!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:23 PM   #28  
IP Start: 7/11/13

S/C/G: 214.6/ticker/130

Quote:
Welcome and good luck! When I started, I told my coach I just wanted to lose 5lbs in the first month in order to keep me motivated. Well, I'm down 25lbs in 8 weeks! It works!!
Thanks so much! I'm hoping to lose 5lbs the first week!
Old 07-11-2013, 03:26 PM   #29  
IP start: 7/2/13

S/C/G: 200/164.5/130

Height: 5'6" Age: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayb View Post
How long did it take before you had more energy? I know the second day I just sat on the couch and just had no energy at all. Yesterday I couldnt even keep my eyes open around 4:30 pm. But today, I feel pretty good.

I worked at Starbucks for about 6 months to pay off my graduate school, but I never got "addicted" to caffeine. I had my 8 ozs this morning because I like the "ritual" of having it.
I started the diet last Tuesday and, after a few days of fatigue, I woke up Saturday feeling great and ready to go to work (waiting tables). Unfortunately, I got stuck working a 7 hour shift in the sun on the patio. I felt fine while I was working, but as soon as I got home I felt horrible. I've been doing this for a year now (law school Mon-Fri, and waitressing on Sat and Sun), and, generally speaking, I've been maintaining this schedule just fine without feeling too worn down. So, I don't know if it was that I got stuck outside on the patio on a hot day, or a diet + heat combo, but I really felt pretty crappy after my shift. I did drink all my water, so it wasn't that. Sunday I felt fine, but Monday I woke up with a headache. TOM started yesterday, so I'm inclined to blame the headache on that.

Anyway, I think I'd be feeling pretty close to 100% by now, were it not for TOM.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #30  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Originally Posted by undrwelmd View Post
I started the diet last Tuesday and, after a few days of fatigue, I woke up Saturday feeling great and ready to go to work (waiting tables). Unfortunately, I got stuck working a 7 hour shift in the sun on the patio. I felt fine while I was working, but as soon as I got home I felt horrible. I've been doing this for a year now (law school Mon-Fri, and waitressing on Sat and Sun), and, generally speaking, I've been maintaining this schedule just fine without feeling too worn down. So, I don't know if it was that I got stuck outside on the patio on a hot day, or a diet + heat combo, but I really felt pretty crappy after my shift. I did drink all my water, so it wasn't that. Sunday I felt fine, but Monday I woke up with a headache. TOM started yesterday, so I'm inclined to blame the headache on that.

Anyway, I think I'd be feeling pretty close to 100% by now, were it not for TOM.
I remember taking a walk during my 1st week in the sun and I was absolutely miserable. I actually still generally try to avoid too much sun when walking around. I find it drains me too fast. Strange.
Closed Thread