Old 07-09-2013, 10:24 AM   #16  
Started IP 6/14/2013

S/C/G: 205/195/140

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by donnanrg View Post
yes -
B: IP choc pudding
L: IP soup; shredded iceberg lettuce, 1 cup raw cauliflower and 1/2 cu cooked mushrooms, apple cider vinegar, salt and lemon juice
S: IP premade drink
D: 8 oz. of sauteed chicken or tilapia or extra lean ground meat in 1 tsp. evoo; shredded iceberg lettuce, 1/2 cooked asparagus and 1/2 cooked broccoli; apple cider vinegar with lemon juice and salt and pepper
I DRINK WAY MORE THAN A GALLON OF WATER EACH DAY!!!!!!
As i said earlier - my coach took me off of restricted IP food!!!
you may want to up your veggies. 2 cups with lunch and 2 cups for dinner is protocol (not counting iceberg lettuce). an easy way to do this is to replace the iceberg lettuce with baby spinach/spring mix. it has way more nutritional value than iceberg and helps things "move" more. my weight loss slows down when i don't get enough veggies.

floridasunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:43 AM   #17  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here is the link to the protocol sheet post

The protocol calls for 1-2 tsp oil. Dr Trans first book called for TBSP. Perhaps that's where the discrepancy is coming?

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/4701599-post48.html

Sorry I was going by Dr Tran's book.

The original poster has gone down to zilch fat. I had made the same mistake and went for several months with no loss. My coach didn't pick up the fact that I was eating only white chicken and fish and WF dressings. I spent a fortune to remain the same weight for several moths and got a blast each time I went in because she thought I must have been eating things I didn't put in my journal. The problem actually was what I was not eating.

I noticed the only time I lost was after I went out to a steak house for dinner and realized I had olive oil on my salad and had fat in my steak.

It was actually 1 TBSP of olive oil I went up to which is 3 teaspoons.

I hate to see someone else spending as much as I did with limited results. I will change my original post but still stand by my very strong belief that you can't lose weight on almost no fat daily.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:07 AM   #18  

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Sorry I was going by Dr Tran's book.

The original poster has gone down to zilch fat. I had made the same mistake and went for several months with no loss. My coach didn't pick up the fact that I was eating only white chicken and fish and WF dressings. I spent a fortune to remain the same weight for several moths and got a blast each time I went in because she thought I must have been eating things I didn't put in my journal. The problem actually was what I was not eating.

I noticed the only time I lost was after I went out to a steak house for dinner and realized I had olive oil on my salad and had fat in my steak.

It was actually 1 TBSP of olive oil I went up to which is 3 teaspoons.

I hate to see someone else spending as much as I did with limited results. I will change my original post but still stand by my very strong belief that you can't lose weight on almost no fat daily.
I think many coaches go to restricting MORE first, instead of looking at the whole picture.
They want to cut restricteds, altho very few people really need to cut them.
They don't look at how much oil is being consumed, nor how many veggies.

After all the responses, donnanrg, in a nutshell,
EAT your daily restricted.
Make sure you're eating all FOUR cups of veggies daily (lettuce isn't counted as a veg in IP)
Eat as much lettuce as you want (not all greens are lettuce. Only "lettuce" is lettuce)
Be sure to get 1-2 teaspoons of oil/day, ADDED to your food
Don't be afraid of meat that has some fat in it occasionally.

Be patient. You won't lose as fast as someone who starts 100 lbs higher than you. They burn more energy just moving 100 extra lbs around. If your coach is comparing your losses to that, you have an uninformed coach.

This needs to be a plan you can live on. Over-restriction on an already highly-restrictive plan can lead to failure. We want success!
lisa32989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 10:14 PM   #19  

thanks everyone for responding!!!!!! - if i use 2 teaspoons of oil to cook/saute chicken, fish, and extra lean ground meat - do i still add 1 tsp of oil to my salads?? maybe this is what i am doing wrong as well?? ALSO, I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND WHAT ALL OF YOU ARE SAYING ABOUT BEING CLOSE TO MY GOAL WEIGHT!!!!!!!
donnanrg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:43 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 204/143/135

Height: 5' 1"

It is better to add the total 2 teaspoons to your salad or put it on your veggies to roast them. If you use it to saute in the frying pan you don't get it all in. Use non stick pans instead of the oil. If you put it on your salad the leafy greens hold on to it and you get it all in.

I am sure if you carefully measure out 2 teaspoons of olive or grapeseed oil and also make sure you are getting some fat sometimes in your animal protein meal you will be see a better loss.
patns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:01 AM   #21  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

IP and similar plans generally result in more rapid loss than other types of food plans, but even so, none of us (even at higher weights) are guaranteed a two pound per week loss.

You can do everything right and still lose less than you'd like.
kaplods is offline   Reply With Quote