Closed Thread

Old 07-01-2013, 12:50 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

Heat advisory plus TOM plus I was woken up an hour early this morning!! Working very hard to not be whiney today. I made a tiny bit of brewed chai with an ounce of milk for some caffeine and am drinking extra water for it but I'm wondering about other options too.

A Starbucks unsweetened Passion fruit tea sounds good, is this ok or would I need to supplement with even more water and is there stuff in there I shouldn't be having? Is there a limit on uncaffeinated tea?

Otherwise, I have been making my various drinks (mango, orange, pink lemon, bluepom) in an 16oz bottle with extra water and packed with ice. Makes for a nice option to sip for an hour or two (especially during parties!!), but I'll be needing more than that these hot days and would love something other than just tons of water.
Old 07-01-2013, 12:59 PM   #17  

Height: 6'

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinnerJ View Post
Think of the fun clothes you can buy THERE too! Years ago I got some fantastic outfits in Paris. Save some clothes money to splurge on new sizes there.
Great idea. During my heavy times, I only seem to buy scarfs and shoes since I know those will fit. It will be nice to look at something other than that while in France. Can't wait.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:06 PM   #18  
Started IP 5/25/13

S/C/G: 196.5/152/145

Height: 5ft 6 in

Quote:
Heat advisory plus TOM plus I was woken up an hour early this morning!! Working very hard to not be whiney today. I made a tiny bit of brewed chai with an ounce of milk for some caffeine and am drinking extra water for it but I'm wondering about other options too.

A Starbucks unsweetened Passion fruit tea sounds good, is this ok or would I need to supplement with even more water and is there stuff in there I shouldn't be having? Is there a limit on uncaffeinated tea?

Otherwise, I have been making my various drinks (mango, orange, pink lemon, bluepom) in an 16oz bottle with extra water and packed with ice. Makes for a nice option to sip for an hour or two (especially during parties!!), but I'll be needing more than that these hot days and would love something other than just tons of water.
Our coach told us to be careful to stay hydrated during the upcoming heat wave & to drink more water if necessary -- and that POWERADE ZERO (it must be the zero) is allowed if needed. This helps with your electrolytes and may be a good option in the heat especially if you are feeling light-headed or extra thirsty.

Last edited by bluegirl9; 07-01-2013 at 01:07 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 229.2/ticker/140

Height: 5'5

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

I agree with the planning ahead. I know if I don't then I'm tempted to go for something else. I'm on day 12 and so far I have stuck to the plan 100%. I want to be successful and I plan to be. Today, since it's a holiday, I plan on getting all my lunches ready for the week, going to give it a shot!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:02 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 233.6/199.4/140

Height: 5 feet 6 .5 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
So WI # 23 here and down 2 pounds! I am officially at 51 pounds lost on IP and a mere 9 pounds to my first goal.

I hope everyone has a fantastic OP day Trips to France sound like an awesome adventure! I hope you both have fun. Good luck to everyone with weigh in's today.
MntRose - congratulations on your success! Reading things like this me make me want to keep going!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:20 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 187+hi/177.7start IP/109/112.7

Height: 4'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerblue View Post
SO TRUE - If I didn't plan EVERYTHING I was going to eat for the next day the night before, I wouldn't be on this plan anymore. Great advise!
AGREE!! Great advice and words to remember..Another thought to keep us OP..

"Yesterday's methods will get you yesterdays results"......ugh! For me that thought is absolutely, terrifyingly ... shuddering!!

Last edited by 65X65; 07-01-2013 at 02:21 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:24 PM   #22  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Height: 5'5"

Happy Canada Day to those north of me!

This weekend was tough at times and good at times. Saturday I had a meltdown as my boyfriend had pizza from our favorite place and I had ... broccoli. Yup. I was standing there, cutting it up and on the verge of tears. So I went into the bedroom, laid down, did some deep breathing and quietly repeated - "It doesn't taste better than skinny." In retrospect, it was sort of funny but man did I want some pizza.

Sunday was my birthday and I was able to stay OP the entire time. I made "Cake in a Cup" which had us both in stitches watching it puff up in the microwave only to cave in when it stopped. It was a great little cake substitute.

So here we are on Monday. I leave to go camping on Wednesday and am trying to sort out the myriad of ways to get in 4 c. of veggies per day. Have protein all planned out (Big Mac in a bowl, Taco Salad, Kebabs, Steak) but the veggies are stumping me. I figure I will be having salads most of the time after the roasted veggies run out.

Onwards and upwards. Hugs to you all!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:31 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 187/138/140

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
So here we are on Monday. I leave to go camping on Wednesday and am trying to sort out the myriad of ways to get in 4 c. of veggies per day. Have protein all planned out (Big Mac in a bowl, Taco Salad, Kebabs, Steak) but the veggies are stumping me. I figure I will be having salads most of the time after the roasted veggies run out.
Dehydrate stuff! Zucchini chips, jicama with cinnamon, kale chips! I did this for my recent camping trip and it was so helpful. If no dehydrator you can do all of these in the oven.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #24  

Quote:
Dehydrate stuff! Zucchini chips, jicama with cinnamon, kale chips! I did this for my recent camping trip and it was so helpful. If no dehydrator you can do all of these in the oven.
Also..baby Cukes and raw green peppers will "keep" with out being chilled for a few days....
Old 07-01-2013, 02:40 PM   #25  

Quote:
Happy Canada Day to those north of me!

This weekend was tough at times and good at times. Saturday I had a meltdown as my boyfriend had pizza from our favorite place and I had ... broccoli. Yup. I was standing there, cutting it up and on the verge of tears. So I went into the bedroom, laid down, did some deep breathing and quietly repeated - "It doesn't taste better than skinny." In retrospect, it was sort of funny but man did I want some pizza.

Sunday was my birthday and I was able to stay OP the entire time. I made "Cake in a Cup" which had us both in stitches watching it puff up in the microwave only to cave in when it stopped. It was a great little cake substitute.

Onwards and upwards. Hugs to you all!
OMG those hormones make us sensitive sometimes, don't they? I CRIED when I gave up soy protein & gluten & discovered which IP favs I'd be eliminating. TEARS! And this was over DIET FOOD! I totally get a meltdown over something else...I've had to ask DH to eat certain foods in the other room more than once. He doesn't understand that some days they bother me & some days I have a much thicker skin. But he complies...

Besides the dehydrated idea, don't forget simple stuff like celery & cukes. I can take whole cukes just about anywhere. They are easy to slice & yummy with just a little salt. Also, veggies can be roasted in aluminum foil over a campfilre. OR...skewer them with some meat and have shish kebobs!

You got this.

Last edited by lisa32989; 07-01-2013 at 02:43 PM.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:46 PM   #26  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:
Yum! CAn you direct me to a recipe for Jicama with Cinnamon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65X65 View Post
Also..baby Cukes and raw green peppers will "keep" with out being chilled for a few days....
I got those! I am also making a cucumber salad that I loveeeee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
OMG those hormones make us sensitive sometimes, don't they? I CRIED when I gave up soy protein & gluten & discovered which IP favs I'd be eliminating. TEARS! And this was over DIET FOOD! I totally get a meltdown over something else...I've had to ask DH to eat certain foods in the other room more than once. He doesn't understand that some days they bother me & some days I have a much thicker skin. But he complies...

Besides the dehydrated idea, don't forget simple stuff like celery & cukes. I can take whole cukes just about anywhere. They are easy to slice & yummy with just a little salt. Also, veggies can be roasted in aluminum foil over a campfilre. OR...skewer them with some meat and have shish kebobs!

You got this.
Thanks, Lisa. Boyfriend and I chatted about it. I think I was just having a little bit of a pity party about the pizza and turning 38. I know. Sad. Got the raw cucs and peppers. Going to grab whole ones and will be gnawing away on them as I tube down the river. (I actually eat green peppers like apples sometimes....)
Old 07-01-2013, 02:50 PM   #27  

38? Those tears were 6-8 weeks before my 50th!
Hormones, I tell ya! They are strong!
Old 07-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #28  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
OMG those hormones make us sensitive sometimes, don't they? I CRIED when I gave up soy protein & gluten & discovered which IP favs I'd be eliminating. TEARS! And this was over DIET FOOD!
I know how hard this was for you at the time, but reading this made me laugh. I never thought of it that way, but it is pretty darn funny crying over the DIET food you can no longer have.
Old 07-01-2013, 02:59 PM   #29  

Quote:
Yum! CAn you direct me to a recipe for Jicama with Cinnamon?

I got those! I am also making a cucumber salad that I loveeeee!

Thanks, Lisa. Boyfriend and I chatted about it. I think I was just having a little bit of a pity party about the pizza and turning 38. I know. Sad. Got the raw cucs and peppers. Going to grab whole ones and will be gnawing away on them as I tube down the river. (I actually eat green peppers like apples sometimes....)
Oh..LOL...totally get ya on the green peppers!! Go into panic if/when we get down to 1 or 2 in the refrig! Been known to tell my husband there are no extra slices of pepper for his salad at dinner because I need to be sure there are a few slices left while I get to the groc in the AM.....Oh..and can I just say..a pitty party 'cause your 38??? REALLY... Now that's not fair..or funny!! Actually...not complaining about my life...(just wish I'd been skinny....!!!) And at 38...you have a crack at it!! BRAVO!!

Staring medicare in the eyeball here in a few weeks...I need to figure out how to celebrate staying OP when that happens...Might need more than a green pepper to make my day when that rolls in.
Old 07-01-2013, 03:09 PM   #30  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragdoll74 View Post
I know how hard this was for you at the time, but reading this made me laugh. I never thought of it that way, but it is pretty darn funny crying over the DIET food you can no longer have.
It WAS hard at the time but I got over it. Of course its easy to chuckle about now... esp realizing it was over DIET FOOD!
But at the time...
Closed Thread