Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 257.4/203.2/185

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
Spiritman Thanks for the laugh and reality check. I have flab flying all over now, I need it to shrink!!

I had a pity party yesterday and thank Scorbett for pulling me off the ledge. Not that I was going to dive in to a cake or nachos, I was just getting frustrated with the constipation and being in limbo. Don't want to buy new clothes, old ones are falling off.

But I went to Target and got lured by the magic eye. TONS of clearance all seasons. I got a dress for $8. BUT I had to bite the bullet and needed shorts for Summer. Great, now I have varicose veins to beat the band. Have to deal with that soon. So, no shorts, worse vein is on my thigh, but I did buy a skirt and a pair of capris, SIZE 14!!! Comfy too but won't be falling off in a few weeks. I have a date day with DH tomorrow and want to look SEXY. I tried on 18's and thought (I did this years ago when I lost wgt) why are these sizes getting bigger?? FINALLY dawned on me even though I am convinced the rest of my wgt loss will be related to the constipation, I am the one who got smaller.

Have a great w/e everyone!! I am working but so looking forward to tomorrow. We are going to see Star Trek 3D. I keep telling DH I am psyched to have Benedict Cumberbatch coming at me in 3D. (Sherlock, best show ever!) Yup, I am a geek too!!
Congrats on your awesome finds at target! It's funny, I never really bought clothes there until I started losing weight. They have some good deals!

Feeling good today. I'm no longer hungry so instead of focusing on food, I can focus on other things....like studying LOL. I have a big nursing exam tonight at 4pm so I have been cram cram cramming. It is an exam with material and topics that I find particularly difficult, so I'm a bit nervous. I studied until 2am last night and am studying now, I have about three hours left to cram before I get ready to leave. I just hope I do okay on this one so I don't have to be as nervous going into the final exam in June.

Getting in my water now, and I'll probably have a nice balanced meal before I leave. A couple buffalo chicken meatballs since they are packed with veggies and lean protein. I may do 1/2 packet or bar for some carbs before the test.

The end of the semester is so close I can taste it. Oh wait! That's just ketosis LOL.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Spiritman - Congrats!

Happy mom- if you have time and it's something you want to do,go for it! I think most people would prefer someone that they know has been there and can actually relate to what they've been through.

Can someone please give me a link/ recipe for the potato purée breads, I've been looking and searching and just not finding them. I know Rainbow put them somewhere. Thanks
Old 05-23-2013, 12:23 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaBoBanna View Post
Congrats on your awesome finds at target! It's funny, I never really bought clothes there until I started losing weight. They have some good deals!

Feeling good today. I'm no longer hungry so instead of focusing on food, I can focus on other things....like studying LOL. I have a big nursing exam tonight at 4pm so I have been cram cram cramming. It is an exam with material and topics that I find particularly difficult, so I'm a bit nervous. I studied until 2am last night and am studying now, I have about three hours left to cram before I get ready to leave. I just hope I do okay on this one so I don't have to be as nervous going into the final exam in June.

Getting in my water now, and I'll probably have a nice balanced meal before I leave. A couple buffalo chicken meatballs since they are packed with veggies and lean protein. I may do 1/2 packet or bar for some carbs before the test.

The end of the semester is so close I can taste it. Oh wait! That's just ketosis LOL.
What is your test in??? GL!! I don't miss those days!
Old 05-23-2013, 12:31 PM   #34  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

MDLoser WOW! Nice first WI.

Bellamack thanks!

AnnaBoBanna good luck on the exam. Buffalo chicken meatballs sounds delicious. I'll have to try making some of those.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:00 PM   #35  
IP Start Date 5/13/13

S/C/G: 222/151/155

Just sitting at my desk with my new lunch routine. Munch on my salad while reading today's posts on 3FC. I sure am glad I found you guys as it helps keep me on track when I don't think I can handle the sight of lettuce anymore!!!

Today is WI #2 (but only day 11). I had an early first weigh in so I'm all confused and trying to compare my numbers. I think I'm losing more inches than pounds. That's what is most important, but its hard reprogramming my brain to think that way. I actually had someone ask me if I lost weight this week so it was nice someone noticed. And my clothes feel big too. All good signs.

Lastly, I feel like I've settled into a groove with the food. After a rough start, I found foods I like, easy to bring to work, and have reorganized the refrigerator. My husband is sowing IP too so that helps. We still have forbidden foods in the house for the kids but overall I think they are eating healthier too. It just so happened that the Saturday before we started IP, the USPS was sponsoring a food drive for local food banks so I cleaned out the pantry and left 2 huge boxes of food (how much rice can a family stockpile?). It felt good to donate the food that we wouldn't be eating and it made way for my IP supplies.

So I'm feeling good! Hoping for a decent WI tonight.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 PM   #36  
Aruba Trip in August

S/C/G: 195/180/150

Height: 5'3"

Default First Week!

Going to te clinic for measurements and weighing...gonna buy lots of crunchy food to keep me going =) I am so excited
Old 05-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smcmod View Post
Protocol info SO helpful. Thanks.
Thoughts on dried Beef Jerky as a protein source? The protein, fat and carb counts are within IP guidelines. It just seems like a guilty pleasure to me.
Just remember all weights are based on RAW meat, not cooked or dried, so you'd have to know what weight the jerky started out raw...and then there are the additives HalfAgain already pointed out. Best not to use pre-packaged.
I've made my own in the past. A lot of meat turns into a little jerky, FYI.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:57 PM   #38  

Height: 5'2"

Hi All,
I was on IP last summer and had some success, lost about 20 lbs. I needed to lose about 20 more but fell off the wagon and never got back on. Needless to say I gained it all back . Well I went back to my IP clinic today and got back on the plan. My coach was so glad to see me and it felt really good to have a fresh start. This time around I can't have any products with soy in them as it caused my thyroid level to go way up. I'm hypothyroid to begin with. My coach helped me to choose soy free products but sadly all of the bars have soy in them. Being the sweet lover that I am I can't exist without them! I asked my coach if I could get them from another source ( not IP) and she said that would be fine. Hallelujah ! It's great to have a coach that is understanding and willing to work with me. So my question for all of you is, do you know of any bars that are soy free that fit the program? I've ordered from Nashua before but not sure they have any. I understand that Quest bars may have some that are soy free. Thanks for all of your help!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #39  
IP Start: 05/16/13

S/C/G: 215.8/140.3/145

Quote:

Cute re Ketosis! What ais this buffalo chicken meatballs!?! Do tell!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:29 PM   #40  
PCOS. Started IP 3/8/13

S/C/G: 285/247.1/165

Hello All,

I have weigh in tonight and I think I've decided to "break up" with my coach and switch to alternatives. Unlike some others, I think my coach actually does a very good job. I'm not sure what to say to him, as I think this will be a total surprise (there's been no previous conflict/issues).

My reasons to switching to alternatives is:

1. I initially wanted the accountability of a coach, but it's now turned into that I'm more focused on my coach's response to my weekly weigh-in than on my journey itself. I know that I had a loss of 4# but my computer-magic-numbers were completely skewed and he seemed to question the validity of the loss (although he never verbalized it). This really messed with my brain and motivation. I had a big loss but I almost cheated afterwards because of his reaction. I realize this dependency issue is mine to handle, and I want to break that connection and make sure I'm doing this for myself. However, I kind of question if I'm just making an excuse for myself, is this a stupid reason? (am I cutting off my nose to spite myself?)

2. Cost. I've previously read through the alternatives thread and knew that at some point, I'd probably switch to alternatives for this reason.

I'm not giving up on the program. I'm thinking I would have my sister as my accountability partner and use alternatives. But I don't know what to say to my coach. I want to avoid the whole alternatives discussion. He's already warned me not to believe everything I read in this forum (which is actually good advice to not blindly accept everything). But he will not take kindly to alternatives.

So I know he's going to ask me, "how does taking a break/stopping going to help you continue your progress?" I'm not sure how to answer that.

I'm still going back/forth on my decision. Any feedback/opinions would be appreciated.

Last edited by rubygirl05; 05-23-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-23-2013, 02:35 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 230.8/199.5/150

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLoser View Post
I had my first official weigh in yesterday. At first she congratulate me for being down 5+, then I correct her math. I was down 15+ and 8.5 inches. I think I scared the girl a little with that number. I had been on the program 8 days at that point.

There is a little more to the story. i had a vacation 2 weeks after my first appt, they advised me to wait to go on the program till after I returned because I would be off the program while away. During the 2 weeks leading up to the vacation I cut out carbs and significantly reduced alcohol intake. That gave me a nice head start.
That's incredible!! I have a vacation planned for mid-July and am nervous about being off the program after being on for 8 weeks. Did you have to go through detox all over again? How did you transition out and back in?
Old 05-23-2013, 02:49 PM   #42  
Started IP 5/18/13

S/C/G: 238/130/125

Quote:

Wishing you - you will do great!!!
Old 05-23-2013, 02:53 PM   #43  

S/C/G: 172/139/110

Height: 5"1'

Smile Just getting started on IP

Hello All! Just getting stated with IP. I went to an information meeting the other night and have my initial appointment tomorrow morning. I didn't want to wait until Friday to get started so I have been trying to follow a modified version of the diet until I can get my product at my appointment tomorrow. I have been doing protein shakes, with water, and the veggies and 8 oz, of grilled chicken or fish for dinner . Figured it would get me started and keep my momentum going until I got my product and my coach. Glad to find this forum!
Old 05-23-2013, 03:08 PM   #44  

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
What is your test in??? GL!! I don't miss those days!
Cardiac arrhythmias, code management, cardiac surgery, cardiac ausculation, IV fluid compatibility and administration, HIV, Hodgkins, Thrombocytopenia, DIC, blood transfusions and reactions, pediatric cardiac, end of life care management and ethical/moral principles!

Holy crap is it scary when I type it out lol.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:09 PM   #45  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarita75 View Post
Cute re Ketosis! What ais this buffalo chicken meatballs!?! Do tell!
I am off to my exam but will post more later! I actually took pics to post :-)
Closed Thread