Old 05-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #16  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

I'm not at goal yet, so clothes are not an issue yet. However, I have to catch myself when we go out and I want to dress up as I start getting out the comb to tease my bangs up because when I used to "go out" it was in the 1980s and that's just what you did to look hot! Fortunately I have no leg warmers to reach for, and my shoulder pads are long put away. I just have to "resist" the big hair and big earrings and thick eyeliner....lol We should all get "makeovers" by professionals as one of our treats when we hit our goal
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 343/285/175

Height: 5'10"

Congratulations on hitting your goal! I'm just getting to the smallest clothes in my closet, and soon I will have to venture out to find smaller clothes, and its a little intimidating. I have never liked shopping for clothes (mostly because it was so hard to find anything that fit right), and I'm still dreading it. Mostly because I'm not quite halfway yet, and I dread spending money on clothes that I know I will shrink out of soon anyway. And at the same time, that makes me happy, because I know what I'm doing is working.
SkewbieDew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 12:32 AM   #18  
Started IP 6/14/12

S/C/G: 202.8/165/135

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by safetylady View Post
I am right there with you, hit goal and am struggling with picking the right size. Was a tight 12 when I started and have moved into a loose 8. For poops and grins I tried on a 6 this weekend, it fit and of course I bought it. I may leave the tag on for everyone to see the size. It is hard to see ourselves for who we are...Am also struggling with moving to phase 3. Hit my original goal of 140 then changed it to 135 to give myself room. Am a couple of pounds below that now and hope that I am ready to commit to moving on.
I understand completely. It was hard for me to move into P3. But it's fine. I lost more on P3. I finally stabilized this week on P4. Jump in! The water's fine!

I was size 22 pants and now I'm wearing size 6 pants!! Talk about changing a self-image! But I think I never saw myself as that heavy, even though I was. I can't believe those big clothes were tight on me!

I'm comfortable wearing 6s and 8s. Dresses are size 6. I'm small, so I buy Petite, when I can find it.

I'm older than 41, but I feel and look much younger than I am. I don't want to dress like a teenager, but I want to (and CAN be) stylish. I'm enjoying form-fitting clothes for the first time in my life.

I'm getting ready to buy a dress for a wedding that I will attend in 2 weeks. I've tried on several of those "hourglass figure" dresses and I know I'll find one I like. It's strange not having to buy "whatever fits." I can hold off until I find something I really love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Definitely bring someone to go shopping with you. And don't be afraid to reach for sizes you never dreamed of! I swore I'd be my thinnest at a size 12....we see how that worked out
I planned on getting down to size 10. And now I'm at a 6 and loving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by patns View Post
Neat, you are the same size I want to get back down too, I am 5'1" and got down to 130. I am 10 up from that now but when I look back 135 was wher I felt best and I want to get back to that by the summer.
Go for it, Pat! I'm also 5'1"!
joysh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 290/241/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IP43 View Post
I'm not at goal yet, so clothes are not an issue yet. However, I have to catch myself when we go out and I want to dress up as I start getting out the comb to tease my bangs up because when I used to "go out" it was in the 1980s and that's just what you did to look hot! Fortunately I have no leg warmers to reach for, and my shoulder pads are long put away. I just have to "resist" the big hair and big earrings and thick eyeliner....lol We should all get "makeovers" by professionals as one of our treats when we hit our goal

The 80's are back, so you might be able to get away with the big hair! I like your idea about the professional makeover though, that would be fantastic!
loopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 06:45 AM   #20  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

I could have written this thread myself.

I feel as though I look exactly as I did 105 pounds ago. I know that's impossible (clearly, I'm wearing different, smaller clothes) but nothing has changed in my mind yet.

I still have 30 pounds to go so I'm hoping my mind starts catching up.

I think part of my problem is that I am wearing clothes that are way too big for me because I don't want to spend money on things I'm going to shrink out of.
IdealProteinNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 192/177/155

Height: 5'10"

Loved reading this thread A friend of mine called me "skinny" yesterday, but the chubby girl in my head doesn't see things the way she does....
sheila79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheekyskeeter View Post
Congrats!!!! I agree with greeniris about taking someone with you when you go shopping. I usually bring my sister but if I do happen to go alone I take a picture in the change room and send it to her for her advice ...and I'll leave the change room in the outfit and ask the salesperson what they think. It's an adjustment that's for sure...a good one! I still do a double take when I walk by a mirror...wonder how long that will last?
I'm totally with you on this! I really do NOT know how I should dress..I'm 45 and haven't been this size since I was in university. It's nice, but i'm kinda lost here too.

Cheeky..this is EXACTLY what I do now! LOL..I'll find something I really like then I'll go try it on and text a picture to my friend or DH to see what they think.
Suchawittygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #23  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

My hubby jokes about the fashion shows I put on for him every time I get dressed. He says he's been missing them this week as he's been working nights so he's sleeping in the morning while I get dressed.

I turned 44 while on IP (in February) so I'm often asking if I'm 'too old' to wear something. Well I was out shopping with my teenage step daughter and saw a pair of cute camouflage pants. She saw me looking at them and actually said I was too old for camo pants.....so I took them in the dressing room and tried them on. They looked cute so I bought them.....mainly because she said I was too old for them lol.

I've been dressing up more for work lately then I used to do. I used to always wear jeans....very casual and usually would wear dark shirts. Well now I'm dressing it bright colours and prints. The ladies at work are always making a big deal about my outfits saying how much they like them and that they want them. One of the ladies here who I always thought was so tiny (she works out every day for about 2 hours) said to the other ladies yesterday to back off as she's the only one who could fit into my clothes now. It made me feel good. Oh and I've even started wearing heels lately...I haven't worn heels in forever! Feels good.
Cheekyskeeter is offline   Reply With Quote