Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #31  
Started IP on 4/26/13

S/C/G: 224/205.8/160

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Had a bacon dream last night, LOL! God, it was kinda gross!
That's actually kinda hilarious.
Old 05-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #32  
Start Date Oct. 29, 2014!

S/C/G: 215/215/125

Height: 4'11

Hello everyone! Just joined this site and am about to start a generic form of the IP diet. I believe in the Newbie section I found the most up-to-date Ideal Protein Sheet for Phase 1 dated February 2013. Can anyone confirm that that is the most recent sheet?

I'm going to be getting my bars/shakes, etc. from protifoods.com - does anyone have any information on that? When I start searching the forums it's like I get dragged all over but don't see exactly what I'm looking for?

Also, can someone help me out with the vitamins/supplements? I'm going to be buying those at GNC/Walmart, etc...and I'm trying to figure out what the equivalent is for the Natura-MultiVita, Natura Potassium Citrate, Natura Omega 3 and Natura Cal-Mag. It's especially vital to me that I'm taking all of the right supplements and vitamins, in the right doses, etc. So any help there would be great.

Finally, when looking at the "occassional" veggies list...when it says something like "no more than 2 per week" and I'm wanting, let's say...brussel sprouts...does that mean 2 sprouts? 2 cups?

Want to plan it all out and buy all I need and have it ready to launch this weekend. I heard the first 3 days are miserable...true?

Thanks everyone!!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #33  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcolbert View Post
Hello everyone! Just joined this site and am about to start a generic form of the IP diet. I believe in the Newbie section I found the most up-to-date Ideal Protein Sheet for Phase 1 dated February 2013. Can anyone confirm that that is the most recent sheet?

I'm going to be getting my bars/shakes, etc. from protifoods.com - does anyone have any information on that? When I start searching the forums it's like I get dragged all over but don't see exactly what I'm looking for?

Also, can someone help me out with the vitamins/supplements? I'm going to be buying those at GNC/Walmart, etc...and I'm trying to figure out what the equivalent is for the Natura-MultiVita, Natura Potassium Citrate, Natura Omega 3 and Natura Cal-Mag. It's especially vital to me that I'm taking all of the right supplements and vitamins, in the right doses, etc. So any help there would be great.

Finally, when looking at the "occassional" veggies list...when it says something like "no more than 2 per week" and I'm wanting, let's say...brussel sprouts...does that mean 2 sprouts? 2 cups?

Want to plan it all out and buy all I need and have it ready to launch this weekend. I heard the first 3 days are miserable...true?

Thanks everyone!!
Yes, the Feb '13 sheet is the most recent

As far as products, you may find what you need in this thread:
http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...s-vol-1-a.html

most of the Proti Diet line is completely compatible with Phase 1, you just need to know what is restricted and what is not.

RE: Restricted (occasional) veggies - some opinions differ, but I have always treated it as 2 1-cup servings per week, since 1 cup is the standard measurement for veggies.

And yes, the first week is rough - but survivable! And well worth it
Old 05-06-2013, 01:26 PM   #34  

Thank you!! What does it mean when an item says "unrestricted?" For example, in the forum link you gave me someone says that Proti-diet maple and brown sugar oatmeal is "unrestricted."

Thanks in advance for everyone answering these
Old 05-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 232/177/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Good morning! I stepped on the scale this morning and.....I have hit my goal!!! Can't wait for "official" WI on Thursday! Have a great OP day everyone!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
NSV - I never in a million years would have thought that I - back in December was wearing XXXL shirts - am now wearing mediums.
Wonderful job to both of you!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #36  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Thank you!! What does it mean when an item says "unrestricted?" For example, in the forum link you gave me someone says that Proti-diet maple and brown sugar oatmeal is "unrestricted."

Thanks in advance for everyone answering these
Unrestricted means you can have it more than once a day and restricted items are once per day. The phase 1 sheet lists 2 non-restricted items and 1 restricted item per day.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:52 PM   #37  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooManyMaggies View Post
That's actually kinda hilarious.
I forgot to tell you.... I put that mac n cheese in the mail on Saturday! Hope it finds you soon!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 200.2/135/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
Good morning! I stepped on the scale this morning and.....I have hit my goal!!! Can't wait for "official" WI on Thursday! Have a great OP day everyone!!!
Fantastic job!!! Congrats to you!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #39  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Great job to all who posted successes of weight loss and size reductions.

I had my WI this morning and......-4 lbs. That was a 2 week loss #. I missed last week due to sickness. Home stretch, I think 10 lbs more will be the right place for me to begin to Phase 2. But, I know the last 10 will take some time, I am being realistic for me and thinking 6 weeks.

:c arrot:
Old 05-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #40  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

All the victories are awesome! Congrats on hitting goal! Congrats on fitting a medium! WOW! Welcome to everyone who's just joining us. This really is an amazing diet.

Still the scale has not moved for me in over 2 weeks, but I finally broke out the tape measure. I've lost 12" around my waist since starting the diet. That would explain the sagging pants, huh? I figure my body is catching up with the scale. No problem because I can feel the difference in these last 2 weeks when the scale is making me make faces at it.

My daughter gave me one of her skirts to wear, and it fit! Yes, it's very stretchy, but still, wearing a normal sized teenager's clothes! AND I bought a pair of heels the other day. I haven't worn heels in over 15 years (before my daughter was born!) she thought that was pretty cool.

I bought a pair of "shrink into" jeans in red snakeskin print. Hubby waggled his eyebrows and told me he couldn't wait till I could fit those! This from a man who normally couldn't care less what I wear. LOL

Life is good today!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:24 PM   #41  

You guys are motivating, that's for sure! So, if Phase 1 says that you can only have 1 bar per day, 1 chili per day, 1 oatmeal per day, 1 pancake per day, 1 soy nut per day and spaghettie no more than 2 times a week...could a day look like this:

AM: Blueberry Pancake (from protifoods.com) (and coffee and supplements, etc.)

LUNCH: Chili (from protifoods.com) (and unlimited lettuce and 2 cups of the veggies and supplements, etc.)

DINNER: (Cooking on my own per the proper ounces, etc....more lettuce...rest of veggies, supplements, etc.)

SNACK: Chocolate shake (protifoods.com)

I don't see that the Phase 1 sheet says you can only have 1 restricted food per day...(meaning I couldn't have blueberry pancakes and chili on the same day)....but rather, that you can't have more than 1 of each per day.

Did I read that right?

thank you guys SO MUCH. I just want to do this right. NEED to do this right.
Old 05-06-2013, 02:28 PM   #42  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Wow, what an inspiring read this thread is today! Way to go everyone!!

To those climbing back on the wagon, here's a hand up. It's a nice day to take a ride!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:37 PM   #43  

Quote:
You guys are motivating, that's for sure! So, if Phase 1 says that you can only have 1 bar per day, 1 chili per day, 1 oatmeal per day, 1 pancake per day, 1 soy nut per day and spaghettie no more than 2 times a week...could a day look like this:

LUNCH: Chili (from protifoods.com) (and unlimited lettuce and 2 cups of the veggies and supplements, etc.)

DINNER: (Cooking on my own per the proper ounces, etc....more lettuce...rest of veggies, supplements, etc.)

I don't see that the Phase 1 sheet says you can only have 1 restricted food per day...(meaning I couldn't have blueberry pancakes and chili on the same day)....but rather, that you can't have more than 1 of each per day.

Did I read that right?

The phase one sheet is pretty clear. "Only one of the following per day"

It is one restricted and 2 unrestricteds per day
So it is 1 bar OR
1 chili OR
1 oatmeal OR
1 pancake OR,
1 soy nut per day. (or any of the other restricteds)
If you choose spaghetti, for your once/day restricted, choose it no more than twice/week
Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #44  

Thanks!
Old 05-06-2013, 02:44 PM   #45  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:

Did I read that right?

The protithin chili and blueberry pancakes are non-restricted. They are under 9 net carbs (total carbs minus fiber), less than 30% of the calories are from fat, and the calories are 90-120 calories.

It's not one of each, it's if you have any one restricted items you can't have another one of any kind that day.
Closed Thread