Old 05-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #31  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Rhubarb Crisp

I miss strawberry rhubarb pie so I'm going to make this but use the crispy cereal pancake as a topper (might make a tasty cobbler-ish thing) as the restricteds cause me troubles.

But, my question is, how many servings does this make?
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 05:49 PM   #32  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

And I'm asking cause I can eat all of this and lick the pie plate when I'm done. I need some guidance. And boundaries. LOL
Desafinado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 06:20 PM   #33  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Somebody needs to get me some rhubbarb...
Amber, is there something else I can use for the pizza crust, I don't have any shreds and wanted to make this tonight an egg??
newday2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #34  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by joefla70 View Post
Sorry! I am not on IP, so I was writing in reference to general, low carb recipes!

Jules, have you tried making sushi with cauliflower rice? I think that might be my next experiment.
Joe, I haven't made it yet, but I'm so on that one. I was thinking about it the other day and how it would hold up when you mix it with rice vinegar (a staple for sushi rice). Let me know how it goes and any tips you have. I'll post too when I make it. Love sushi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
I miss strawberry rhubarb pie so I'm going to make this but use the crispy cereal pancake as a topper (might make a tasty cobbler-ish thing) as the restricteds cause me troubles.

But, my question is, how many servings does this make?
Ah...this baby is only 1 serving!!! The rhubarb (uncooked is 2 cups) so when you spoon it into a dish to bake it's one of your (2) servings of vegetables for the day plus your one restricted. If you are using alternatives, there is is a unrestricted oatmeal that is just as good from Proti-Diet. What a treat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
Somebody needs to get me some rhubbarb...
Amber, is there something else I can use for the pizza crust, I don't have any shreds and wanted to make this tonight an egg??
LOL...I know..my colleague at work is planting rhubarb just for me since I don't have a garden. I plan on harvesting a lot of it !!!

For the pizza, I'm not sure. I've never made it without the shreds. I only put a little in there, but you need something to bind it so I think the egg will work and then count as one of your proteins. I can't eat egg yolks hence the reason I use the shreds.

Enjoy!
amberjules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #35  
Started IP 11/28/12

Chicken and Shrimp Dirty Rice (Cauliflower)

Chicken and Shrimp Dirty Rice (Cauliflower)
Ingredients:
6 oz cooked chicken chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1 clove garlic minced
2 celery stalks chopped
1/2 cup mushrooms
Handful raw spinach
1/4 cup green pepper chopped
1/4 cup red pepper chopped
1 cup cauliflower, riced with food processor or high speed blender
1/2 tsp thyme
1 bay leaf
Dash celtic sea salt to taste
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 cup chicken stock
2 oz shrimp
sprinkle of scallions

Instructions:
Heat olive oil on medium heat in a deep pan.
Add garlic, celery, mushrooms, spinach, green and red peppers and saute until tender.
Add riced cauliflower, thyme, sea salt, chili powder, cumin, chicken stock and stir.
Add cooked chicken that's been chopped or cubed.
Place bay leaf in the middle then cover the pan.
Let simmer on medium-low heat for about 25 minutes.
Add shrimp to the pan and cover with vegetables and chicken then place lid back on the pan and let simmer another 5 minutes until the shrimp is cooked and pink on the outside.
After dishing into a bowl, sprinkle chopped scallions on top.

http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/c...r-rice-recipe/
Old 05-08-2013, 05:56 PM   #36  
Started IP 11/28/12

Ideal Protein Herb & Garlic Potato Rolls

Ideal Protein Herb & Garlic Potato Rolls
Ingredients:
1 pack of Ideal Protein Potato Puree
6 tbsp 100% Egg Beater Egg Whites or 2 egg whites
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp fresh rosemary or dash of dried rosemary
1/4 tsp garlic
Olive oil spray

Instructions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Whip egg whites until bubbly - not stiff.
Mix all other ingredients in with the whipped egg whites.
Spray 5 muffin tin slots with olive oil spray and pour mixture about 1/2 of the way full.
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes.

http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...-rolls-recipe/
Old 05-08-2013, 06:51 PM   #37  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by neso mahdy View Post
thanks so much for sharing
You're welcome! It's fun coming up with the different recipes. I get so much inspiration from others and things that I read.

In fact tonight I just made a bowl of chicken soup out of a cornish hen I had overcooked. I kept thinking, "What am I gonna do with this overcooked cornish hen?" So I pulled all the meat out, threw it in a pot with some diced zucchini, celery, onion, cabbage, and chicken broth and now I have chicken soup. I'm thinking about also throwing in the miracle noodles.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:50 AM   #38  
Started IP 11/28/12

Chicken Salsa Verde

Chicken Salsa Verde

Ingredients:
4 Chicken breasts
2 tsp olive oil
Sea Salt
Black Pepper
3 cloves minced garlic
1 cup low-sodium chicken broth
1.5 cups organic verde salsa
3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
2 tsp cumin

Instructions:
Heat large pan on medium.
Rinse chicken breasts and pat dry.
Spray pan with olive oil and then spray each chicken breast lightly with olive oil. Salt and pepper each fillet and then brown each fillet on each side until it's almost cooked through.
Remove the chicken breasts and then add garlic and saute until golden.
Add chicken broth and scrape up bits from bottom of pan then add verde salsa, cilantro, and cumin, bring to a boil.
Once sauce comes to a boil, reduce temperature to a simmer and add chicken breasts covering each breast with the salsa verde sauce.
Let the chicken and sauce marinate together for about 20 minutes and serve. Serve with Mexican Rice (actually made from cauliflower instead of rice for a low carb alternative).

http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...in-compatible/
Old 05-13-2013, 12:05 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 165/132.2/125

Height: 5'3

Thank you for sharing!! I have been on your blog and have tried a few of your recipes. Yum! I think I may be making the zucchini cookies next. How many cookies does the recipe make? And have you doubled it and use it later in the week?
snickers70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:23 PM   #40  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
Thank you for sharing!! I have been on your blog and have tried a few of your recipes. Yum! I think I may be making the zucchini cookies next. How many cookies does the recipe make? And have you doubled it and use it later in the week?
So glad you've enjoyed the recipes. I have fun coming up with new ideas and testing it out. Not all have made it to the blog.

This recipe makes makes 2 servings of 6 cookies per serving. The cookies keep really well if you put in the fridge and then when you're ready to eat, just warm it up a bit in the microwave to take the chill off. So good even the next day!!
Old 05-13-2013, 06:48 PM   #41  

Height: 5' 7"

I finally found frozen rhubarb and made this. Since I have never tried rhubarb before I didn't know what to expect. I must say I loved it!!! I have another batch in the oven now to take to work tomorrow. Thanks Amber for sharing.
A1Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:40 PM   #42  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
I finally found frozen rhubarb and made this. Since I have never tried rhubarb before I didn't know what to expect. I must say I loved it!!! I have another batch in the oven now to take to work tomorrow. Thanks Amber for sharing.
Amazing huh? I love rhubarb now. I didn't even know about it until I started on IP and then somebody told me about how great it was. Then I was on a mission to put together a great tasting crisp using Rhubarb. Doesn't even taste like a "diet" dessert.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:00 PM   #43  
JDarling84

S/C/G: 260/160

Height: 5'9

Default Rhubarb Crisp

This looks great and can't wait to try it!!! Is this one serving (IP packet and Veggies)?
jdarlinghollis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:04 PM   #44  

I'm not on Ideal Protein but this whole post makes me wish I was so I'd have the packets to make the recipes!

You have fantastic photo taking skills (nevermind the recipe creations!). I check this post every day to check out what you added.

Thanks for doing this!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:19 PM   #45  
Joe

S/C/G: 405/249.5/281.5/220

Height: 6' 0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvislover324 View Post
I'm not on Ideal Protein but this whole post makes me wish I was so I'd have the packets to make the recipes!

You have fantastic photo taking skills (nevermind the recipe creations!). I check this post every day to check out what you added.

Thanks for doing this!
Her recipes are IP and low carb friendly, but I don't believe that all (or even most) of them contain IP packets. (For example, the salsa verde chicken, shrimp stir-fry).

Last edited by joefla70; 05-14-2013 at 02:20 PM.
joefla70 is offline   Reply With Quote