Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 09:02 AM   #61  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Happy Sunday! I bought some WF chocolate/peanut butter spread. I seem to need "dessert" after dinner and find myself eating all my pcks during the day, sooo...celery with WF spread it is! Did the trick. My health food store sells WF for 1/2 of what my clinic does, so cheap treat too!
Did groceries with DH and pointed to items in the buggy: rutabaga (my fries), cauliflower (my rice), kelp (my chips), zucchini(my pasta), LOL!!!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:48 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
I am learning about nutrition and the reasons I made poor choices, so that this will truly be my last diet.
Yay! That's exactly how I've been feeling!
Old 04-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #63  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Started P3 breakfasts this weekend. OMG....so much food! I could barely finish it all, and yesterday was not at all hungry the rest of the day. only 12 more days to go.....
Old 04-21-2013, 12:00 PM   #64  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sansfilter View Post
It's important for me to learn how to make smart choices now to carry into the future. Although P1 is temporary, I am learning about nutrition and the reasons I made poor choices, so that this will truly be my last diet.
Me too!
I'm also learning about what causes cravings and foods I'll probably need to avoid to maintain (too much sweets, chips - even the OP ones can cause me cravings)

We went out to dinner last nite and I said, "I'm getting the shrimp". My friend asked if I was getting the fried fantail. I laughed (before I could check myself) and said no. Talked about making satisfying choices that are ON the plan. She was surprised to see me turn down the veggie choice (combo broccoli, green beans, peas - which was just a weird combo to me anyway, unless it was really snow pea pods) in favor of double salad. Since peas are "healthy" she didn't understand why I didn't want them. I didn't want our dinner to turn into a diet info session so I just quickly explained the plan limits fats and carbs, even in healthy foods and then changed the subject.

I DO like that I can eat just about anywhere. DH has a favorite place that has virtually no veggies. It worked great when I was on Atkins but not-so-much on IP. He keeps asking to go there. I'd have to take so much with me just to get an OP meal, it is hardly worth it.

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-21-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:55 PM   #65  

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
In the first post of this thread there are lots of links, includung info on trackers.

Yes, the potassium (no cal) supplement is relatively new. It IS listed on the newest P1 sheet, so if your coach hasn't given you that, ask them for it. It came out in Feb
Thank you! She did mention that the list was outdated, but I thought she was referring to the food product list and not the supplements specifically.
Old 04-21-2013, 12:58 PM   #66  

S/C/G: IP 140/115/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by hixtwin4 View Post
Thank you! She did mention that the list was outdated, but I thought she was referring to the food product list and not the supplements specifically.
I got mine at walmart.

Seems fine.

D
Old 04-21-2013, 01:03 PM   #67  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by snickers70 View Post
This may be a crazy question... But what is Cauliflower rice?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky monkey View Post
I think I need to buy coconut oil. And I want to try cauliflower rice. So I guess they are good together?
Quote:
Originally Posted by heritagesoftail View Post
Are you boiling the cauliflower or steaming it ?
Just thought I would re post this link for you gals: http://idealcoaching.tv/wp/archives/828

Having a great weekend, although it SNOWED again
Have a great OP day everyone.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:08 PM   #68  

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kp0130 View Post
I need advice and tips I am moving this next week and making an 8 hour drive twice! I always snack a ton when I'm driving. Does anybody have any good snack tips for the road that's OP, besides just raw veggies?
I usually keep a bag of SW Cheese curls handy. Because there's more to munch on, it lasts for quite a while. These have also come in handy for heading to the theatre.
Old 04-21-2013, 01:50 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 237/201/175

Height: 5'9"

Hi I am a newbie andmy weakness is peanut butter, So i now bought some powdered peanut butter and add water to makes into butter. Is this good or bad? IT says it is 85% less calories then regular peanut butter

Last edited by Toolttime; 04-21-2013 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:24 PM   #70  

S/C/G: 184/149/150

Height: 5'7"

Thumbs up

Hi Everyone!
Not bad weekend. Cauliflower rice is great! I use it all the time. Really helps when you are so use to having a grain with dinner. It tastes good and really fills the void.
Have a Great OP Evening.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:28 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolttime View Post
Hi I am a newbie andmy weakness is peanut butter, So i now bought some powdered peanut butter and add water to makes into butter. Is this good or bad? IT says it is 85% less calories then regular peanut butter
PB2 will be awesome for you to use in maintenance, but not right now.

There are a few peanut butter options though!
Old 04-21-2013, 02:30 PM   #72  

Toolttime: if that is PB2, it isn't a 0/0/0 product so save it for after you got to goal!

Waldheim Farms has a 0/0/0 PB product. I haven't had it. I'm trying to live without craving-inducing flavors (PB is one of mine!)

Last edited by lisa32989; 04-21-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 04-21-2013, 02:38 PM   #73  

its my first day on program... only 10:25 am here in Alaska and I'm so hungry. This morning i had black coffee with a splenda, the pineapple/banana drink, vitamins and 2 bottles of water. i've already had another 2 bottles of water and 2 pickles... i think i'm really hungry because my baby wakes me up before 6am so i've been up for a while... will this eventually get better after i've gone into ketosis?
Old 04-21-2013, 02:59 PM   #74  

S/C/G: 153.8/142/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalas View Post
its my first day on program... only 10:25 am here in Alaska and I'm so hungry. This morning i had black coffee with a splenda, the pineapple/banana drink, vitamins and 2 bottles of water. i've already had another 2 bottles of water and 2 pickles... i think i'm really hungry because my baby wakes me up before 6am so i've been up for a while... will this eventually get better after i've gone into ketosis?
Welcome! First of all, there are a lot wiser and more experienced people on this thread that will hopefully jump in with some good advice, but for now - yes, ketosis will definitely help with the hunger. The first few days are the toughest. The first week you are able to have up to four packets a day, so if you're hungry, eat/drink something. My coach lets me split my protein (8 oz) over the course of the day, because my schedule doesn't allow me to sit and have a meal at lunch. Sometimes, I'll make a quick Egg Beater omelette with some of my daily veg in it for breakfast with coffee (use a little vanilla shake)and save the rest of my shake for around 10:00 when I'm driving around and need a boost. Then, if I'm able, I have my salad with 1-2 ounces of meat mixed into it, so then I have about 4 oz of meat left for my dinner (plus 2-3 cups of veggies depending on how much I put in my omelet and on my salad at lunch). I have my second shake (or if I'm having cravings - southwest cheese curls) with lunch or around 2:00. If I'm eating or drinking something every 4 hours, plus drinking close to a gallon of water a day, I don't get too hungry. I also separate some of the packets into two meals, so I can resist that feeling that I need to snack, usually this is with restricteds- eat 1/2 bar or 1/2 bag in the afternoon and save the other half for after dinner (I used to be a late night snacker, so this has really helped). Just be honest with yourself and your coach about your schedule, especially as a mom having to plan meals and snacks for others, so that you can adjust your plan to fit your life while staying 100% OP. You can do this!
Old 04-21-2013, 03:00 PM   #75  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

I did it! I baked with IP packets and right now I am eating Chocolate Zucchini Cookies. Recipe at link below. Easy to make and YUMMY!

You can do it too!

http://www.lamberjules.com/recipes/i...ookies-recipe/
Closed Thread