Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:27 AM   #16  

Could someone tell me what the 5 and 1 means.? I lost over 50 lbs on the IP plan over 2 years ago and now have found myself with 30 back on.. needless to say I am trying to get back on track. Thanks for your help and support.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:36 AM   #17  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Cheekyskeeter I love your NSVs!!!

tam67green your SIL's comments definitely sound like she is jealous of your success.

Erica6700 welcome & good luck with day 1.

gmadi57 I've never heard of 5 and 1 before the posts today. I'm interested to know was it is also.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 AM   #18  
Started IP 3/8/2013

S/C/G: 163/146/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Here's the issue with milk: Full fat has too much fat for IP. Skim has too much carbs/sugar (lactose).
You can make a latte with vanilla drink. It's pretty good
Toss that milk. It'll go to waste or waist.
You didn't gain but what could you have LOST over the weekend?
Sorry you don't feel good.
Cheats just SO aren't worth it!
Find an OP way to scratch the itch!
I know it's not on the sheet of allowed foods. But that aside, how about unsweetened almond milk?

For 1 cup:
Almond Breeze (unsweetened) has 30 cal, 2.5 fat, 1 carb, 1 fiber, and 1 protein
Pure Almond (unsweetened) has 35 cal, 2.5 fat, <1 carb, <1 fiber, and 1 protein

These values are for the refrigerated version only. The shelf stable version is a bit higher all around.

I've been too scared to add it in but would really enjoy some!
Old 04-01-2013, 10:44 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyrn View Post
I know it's not on the sheet of allowed foods. But that aside, how about unsweetened almond milk?

For 1 cup:
Almond Breeze (unsweetened) has 30 cal, 2.5 fat, 1 carb, 1 fiber, and 1 protein
Pure Almond (unsweetened) has 35 cal, 2.5 fat, <1 carb, <1 fiber, and 1 protein

I've been too scared to add it in but would really enjoy some!
Some people who don't follow the sheet 100% have used it.
You answered it for me...it's not on the sheet of allowed foods.
I figure P1 is temporary and I'm sticking with the plan.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:51 AM   #20  
Started IP 3/8/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Some people who don't follow the sheet 100% have used it.
You answered it for me...it's not on the sheet of allowed foods.
I figure P1 is temporary and I'm sticking with the plan.
Thank you! I will do the same!

I skip the allowed 1 oz of skim milk in my coffee as well. I'm one of those people that loves coffee that tastes more like desert (really light and really sweet). I tried the vanilla drink mixed in and it just wasn't the same for me....So I have just switched to decaf tea.

My new favorite is Kroger Private Selection Sweet Cinnamon Spice Herbal Tea with a little Splenda. It kind of reminds me of Big Red gum (which sounds kinda nasty for tea). But it is amazing!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:09 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

I use 1/2 a vanilla drink (EAS French Vanilla) and a shot of 0/0/0 English Toffee syrup and I LOVE IT! I was also one of those "coffee as dessert" people. While this is no where near as sweet as mine used to be, I don't miss it having it this way either. Before I found a way to make it I missed my coffee. Now I can still have it!

Last edited by aliboo723; 04-01-2013 at 11:11 AM.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #22  
6/26/12 start 355

S/C/G: see tracker

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
I bought skim milk and had three lattes over the weekend, I had to finish the milk. Kicked myself out of keytosis, now I feel lousy as I go back into it, at least that is what I am assuming is the issue. I am exhausted and can't seem to get enough sleep. I have no energy, headachy. The first latte was worth it and I may have been fine, but I can't let the milk go to waste and all. So I am back at it as of yesterday.

I ate OP all weekend, it was just the lattes that threw me. The scale this morning show I didn't gain anything.
Quote:
Thank you! I will do the same!

I skip the allowed 1 oz of skim milk in my coffee as well. I'm one of those people that loves coffee that tastes more like desert (really light and really sweet). I tried the vanilla drink mixed in and it just wasn't the same for me....So I have just switched to decaf tea.

My new favorite is Kroger Private Selection Sweet Cinnamon Spice Herbal Tea with a little Splenda. It kind of reminds me of Big Red gum (which sounds kinda nasty for tea). But it is amazing!
I was one of those people who liked coffee with my milk and not sweet. However after 9 months, I've settled on just black or for a ~once a day treat with some sugar free syrup in it (0/0/0 on the sheet - but read the label, caramel I have found shows it has a carb in there). I don't do Mio or use any other sweeteners but I do use WF which I'm sure has hidden carbs if enough quantity is used. It's not that I like the sweet taste so much, but the flavoring does give it a smoother taste. I have also went to herbal teas. The Good Earth decaf Sweet and Spicey is a favorite, and some on the lemon ginger teas are great too.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #23  
Started IP 3/8/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
I use 1/2 a vanilla drink and a shot of 0/0/0 English Toffee syrup and I LOVE IT! I was also one of those "coffee as dessert" people. While this is no where near as sweet as mine used to be, I don't miss it having it this way either. Before I found a way to make it I missed my coffee. Now I can still have it!
English Toffee.....that sounds like a winner. I'll have to shop around. I'm in a fairly small city so I think the only SF they stock around here is French Vanilla and Caramel.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:13 AM   #24  
Starting again 06.04.2014

S/C/G: 210/ticker/150

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erica6700 View Post
Day #1 for me today....cant wait to lose this belly! Starting at 191, goal 142...used to be 242, ready to transform my body!!!
Good luck! You can totally do this. Today is Day 8 for me.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:22 AM   #25  

Height: 5'7

Hi All! Sounds like you're all having a great start to your day! I definitely get the jealousy bit.... why can't they just be happy for us, right? It takes more energy to be nasty!

Well, I'm one pound away from my halfway mark, 30 lbs lost , and I'm just so dang excited! I want to go shopping for swimsuits, too but I'm just not there yet..... but I know I will be!

Good job you guys for staying strong over the holiday!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #26  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
English Toffee.....that sounds like a winner. I'll have to shop around. I'm in a fairly small city so I think the only SF they stock around here is French Vanilla and Caramel.
I found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The name brand is Jordan's Skinny Syrups.
I too am from a VERY small community of about 300 ppl. I have to drive about an hour to get to anything "good" like BBB, Whole Foods or a "fruit stand". I go about once per week to get the bulk of my goodies and then I pick up lettuce when I run out in the middle of the week at a local place (30 minutes from home).
I made a promise to myself when I started this program that I was going to do what it takes to stay 100% on it! I treat the drive in to get my goodies as a treat for myself instead of "having" to do it. (I'm not implying anything, just sharing the way I look at it to keep myself positive. I have a bad habit of focusing on the negative when talking about myself and have to work at staying positive. )
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 395/241.5/250

Height: 6'4"

Happy Easter all. Not doing/feeling so great today. Jumped on the scale and surprise, surprise a +5 pound increase. WTF?

Been 100% on plan, lots of water, and no constipation. The only thing I can think of is the wife has tried a IP recipe that called for tomatoes a couple of days ago and we have been using a Dijon mustard that's supposed to be 0/0/0 for salad dressing -another IP recipe. This may be the cause. Today I feel terrible - just like I did the first 3-4 days when I started IP. The only other time I've felt like this after using WF Ketchup. I'm beginning to think my body just doesn't like the occasional vegetables and that there is something in these condiments my body doesn't respond well to.

I'm hoping this is just an aberration and things will return to normal.

On the plus side was at my family's for Easter yesterday and was able to do a clothing exchange with my father. He was able to take most of my clothes that no longer fit and I was able to grab a few of his clothes that I now fit into. Looks like I'm down two pants sizes and darn close to 2 shirt sizes.

Another NSV it was fun watching the DW fashion model a lot of her clothes that are now too big. She has been feeling a bit down I think because she hasn't experienced the big losses I have so it was nice to see her smile when she was showing me how baggy her clothes are getting.

Today we are having her side over. Her SIL parents will join us - they are both on IP so the meal will truly be IP friendly.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:19 PM   #28  

Height: 6'

I went out of town for the weekend to help my nephew find a short term apartment for an internship this summer. I did my best at sticking OP. The bigger deal for me was not looking at the "vacation" as an excuse to go crazy and eat forbidden foods. In the past, I would give myself a break and go back to my horrible carb laden habits. This time, I took a pass on the bread or burger and was absolutely fine with it. The family went to a frozen custard place and I had a proti-diet bar while they enjoyed their treats. I truly felt OK with it all. This is just such a revelation to me that my mindset for the first time in my 52 years is about learning a new way to eat and live. This excites me! I just may be able to maintain this lifestyle once and for all. Skinny tastes better.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:29 PM   #29  
Started IP 3/8/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
I found it at Bed, Bath and Beyond. The name brand is Jordan's Skinny Syrups.
I too am from a VERY small community of about 300 ppl. I have to drive about an hour to get to anything "good" like BBB, Whole Foods or a "fruit stand". I go about once per week to get the bulk of my goodies and then I pick up lettuce when I run out in the middle of the week at a local place (30 minutes from home).
I made a promise to myself when I started this program that I was going to do what it takes to stay 100% on it! I treat the drive in to get my goodies as a treat for myself instead of "having" to do it. (I'm not implying anything, just sharing the way I look at it to keep myself positive. I have a bad habit of focusing on the negative when talking about myself and have to work at staying positive. )
Thanks for the tip. I would have never thought to look at Bed Bath and Beyond. May give me a reason to stock my Keurig again!
Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 PM   #30  
Started IP 3/8/2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZOMBIEDAWN View Post
Hi All! Sounds like you're all having a great start to your day! I definitely get the jealousy bit.... why can't they just be happy for us, right? It takes more energy to be nasty!

Well, I'm one pound away from my halfway mark, 30 lbs lost , and I'm just so dang excited! I want to go shopping for swimsuits, too but I'm just not there yet..... but I know I will be!

Good job you guys for staying strong over the holiday!
Awesome job on getting to your halfway mark!
Closed Thread