Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 05:05 PM   #31  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Height: 5'6

Sat: Hi all....I made the meatballs last night with a red pepper / tomato sauce, someone had previously posted. OMG, fabulous. So good, I believe I went a bit high on my protein yesterday and noticed on the scale this morning. Drowning in water today.

Yoga, work, cleaning, menu planning/food shopping on my to do for today.

Last edited by workingit50; 03-30-2013 at 05:06 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:15 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Height: 5' 7"

Anyone have a recipe for a Jimica salad that can be eaten on phase 1?
TIA
Old 03-30-2013, 06:38 PM   #33  
Started IP 3/8/2013

S/C/G: 163/146/115

Height: 5'1"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
Happy Weekend Everybody!

Thought I'd share my 4:00 pick-me-up:

"Nutella" Coffee = cup of decaf with 1 tablespoon WF Chocolate Syrup and 1 tablespoon sugar-free Torani Hazelnut Syrup
That sounds heavenly! I will have to try it!
Old 03-30-2013, 07:35 PM   #34  
IP start March 8th 2013

S/C/G: 217/206/160

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltykisses View Post
TIA
I don't have a recipe, I can't even find Jicama here!! Fellow Canadians, where do you get it?

Last edited by newday2013; 03-30-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:36 PM   #35  

Jicama Salad with Cilantro and Lime
(Ideal Protein AZ) IP
2 pounds jicama, peeled and julienned
1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
salt and pepper to taste
1/4 cup lime juice
Shake of Chile Powder to taste
1.Combine the julienned jicama, chopped cilantro, and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Sprinkle with lime juice and toss to coat. Shake on chile powder. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:51 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning! Getting ready for a relaxing day including an outing with hubby. He is starting phase 2 today after losing 170 lbs!! (I still have 15 lbs to go). I'm researching phase 3 breakfast ideas while enjoying my morning coffee :-)
Wow, you are both amazing!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glover girl View Post
Happy weekend all, and congrats debrasb, what a wonderful accomplishment for you both! I am getting ready to go to Florida for a couple of weeks. We drive down and take my mother with us. My mom who is a size 4 has been lamenting about what we are going to eat! She came over for dinner last weekend and started in about my diet. I told her no one has to be on this diet but me. She said " you're the one suffering" I told her I'm not suffering, but she was kind of pouty and refused the lovely jello (aspartame free of course) that I made for dessert. anyway, love my mom, but she can be a challenge. I have bought pepperidge farm cookies for her to have in the backseat, maybe that will sweeten her up.
My weight loss has started to become very noticeable and I am so happy with my progress so far. I feel so much better than I did. For those of you just starting out it is so worth it to stick with it. Wishing everyone a happy op holiday weekend!
Congrats on your weightloss. Families can be difficult! Mine certainly is. I spent 2 weeks with mother, father and sister, and not one person commented on my weightloss. Really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginettepv View Post
Good morning everyone,

well, 3 days in with the family and 2 to go. It has been very difficult to stay OP with all of my mother's incredible French canadian cooking to feed an army. I came very well prepared, cooler and extra suitcase with packets so I have been able to stay OP. Even made chocolate zucchini cookies to eat while everyone else was eating chocolate cake with ice cream and maple syrup. The counter is full of rich snacks, desserts, chocolate, etc.

Was a little disapponted that only my mother mentioned how my weight loss showed but I am in this for me. Everyone was impressed when I took out my cookies though and amazed that I stayed OP

On another positive note, my brother who is a chef questionned me extensively last night so he can prepare tonight's dinner so I can eat almost everything (he is making potatoes for the rest of the gang). He graciously changed quite a few items for me. I was touched by his many questions to make sure everything is OP.

ALso, going to the Low carb grocery store for the first time this afternoon hoping to check out many alternatives. If anyone has suggestions as to what I should look for that I would really like, I'd love them. I do try to avoid sugar alcohols has they do not agree with me (stomach issues).

After being on the road for over a month, can't wait to get back home with a little normalcy and and have it a little easier to stay OP. Preparation has been the key though.

Congrats to everyone on the great WI and staying OP. It is such a great feeling.

Happy Easter everyone!
I'm French Canadian too, I can relate! Everything tastes better with maple syrup. Congrats on staying OP! You are right, preparation is key.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliboo723 View Post
Well, yesterday was a big day for me! My family is very Cajun and does a great big get together on Good Friday. Of course, being Cajun, it all revolves around food!!! Fried fish, boiled crawfish, crawfish stew, fish stew, potato salad, and of course all the deserts you can imagine....
With a little extra work from my hubby and myself, I was able to enjoy the day with the rest of my family and not feel left out in the slightest. I have tried eating boiled crawfish on IP before and it doesn't work at WI time. The crawfish hold on to too much salt. Shrimp don't bother me as much at WI (I guess since they are denser, they don't take on as much of the salt), so that's the route I took. My hubby boiled some shrimp, mushrooms and green beans for me to have (first time I've done green beans in a boil, but they were yummy and just a little spicy). Of course we had extra of everything in case anyone else wanted some. I peeled and weighed mine out and then cut them up along with the mushrooms over a big salad with a home made dressing of fresh squeezed lemon juice, pecan oil, dried cilantro and Mrs. Dash table blend.
It was so yummy and having the boiled shrimp on the table sitting next to the people eating boiled crawfish didn't bother me at all! In all honesty, I like boiled shrimp more anyway.
Family that had not seen me since early February commented on the change that has taken place. It made me feel so good! A few of them knew what I was doing, but others asked and I told them IP!
I celebrated my 5th anniversary on Thursday and have not been this size since my wedding. Can't wait to celebrate my 6th as a skinny minny!
Also hubby and I went to the Elton John concert last night! A-Mazing! It was at 8, but with traffic the way it is in BR and us living about an hour away we decided to head in way early. We got to the Rivercenter (venue) at a little after 5 and were seated at 6:30. I had planned ahead and brought a quest bar with me to enjoy while hubby enjoyed his french fries (which are a BIG weakness for me). The quest bar got me through the show and I felt great!
In the last couple weeks I have had lower losses and was beginning to feel discouraged, but with these NSVs and this forum I know I can continue and exceed my expectations!!!!!
Sounds like great planning, and great shrimp!!

[QUOTE=scorbett1103;4687706]Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Haven't had a ton of time to post lately, but maintenance is going well so far! It's definitely more work than P1, but I'm starting to settle into a rhythm. At least I know if things start to creep up, I always have P1 to get things back under control!
QUOTE]

Hi Scorbett! Congrats on maintenance, glad to hear it's going well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by newday2013 View Post
I don't have a recipe, I can't even find Jicama here!! Fellow Canadians, where do you get it?
I can't get it either, but I'm in a small town. I was in Texas a few weeks ago, and saw some there! Of course, that doesn't help either one of us!!
Old 03-30-2013, 08:51 PM   #37  

S/C/G: 242/225/150

Height: 5' 7"

Thank you lisa! First time I've ever used jicima, made the salad... it was great!

Last edited by Saltykisses; 03-30-2013 at 08:51 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:06 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 279/223.5/150

Height: 5.5'

I figured out how to make my enchiladas and they were awesome. It made enough for 4 meals.

Beef Enchiladas
1 pkg of plain omelet, made with 150mls water
2 eggs and. 2 egg whites
1/2 cup of shredded zucchini
4 tbsp of grated cauliflower
Garlic and onion powder to taste
Mix all together well. Spray a 10" fry pan with evoo on medium/high heat. Drop a ladle full of mixture into pan, swirl around to cover bottom of pan thinly. When bottom is brown flip over to brown the top. Set on plate to cool.
Makes 4 wraps.
Filling
24oz of lean ground beef, crumbled and browned.
Taco seasoning with no sugar
1/3 cup of tomato sauce, sugar free
Mix altogether
Take a 9x9 glass baking dish and put in a thin layer of tomato sauce.
I filled my wraps with about 3/4 of the filling mixture. Lay wrap flat spread filling in the middle fold outside corners in and roll up. Lay with seam side down in baking pan. Continue until all wraps are done. Mix the remaining meat mixture with the remaining tomato sauce. I like it spicy so here I added a few hot chile pepper flakes. Pour over the top of the wraps, cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with a tbsp of veggie cheese and put under the broiler until browned. Served with shredded lettuce on top and some fresh salsa(tomato, celery, red onion, cilantro and lime) drizzles with wf creamy bacon dressing.

Served with cauliflower rice with few peppers and hot sauce added.
I didn't feel left out while my family had their Mexican night and the bonus is I have 3 more meals pre made. I'm going to try to freeze the other portions and see how that works.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Hey Newday, Go to Smiths and ask them to order it for you. That's is what I do, if enough of us ask for it, maybe they'll keep it in stock all the time. It's my new favorite vegetable. Great with the WF caramel sauce too.

My husband keeps telling me to stop telling people so I can have some, but I believe if more people ask for it, it won't have to be ordered.

My brother's supper was superbe, all OP so it was nice to have a fabulous supper that I did not have to supply everything from my cooler or suitcase.. haha.

I'm in Hamilton at my parents for the weekend Newday. Through the Low carb grocery store website, I found a LCG Express in Burlington, very small, but amazing selection nonetheless. Well let me tell you I felt like a kid in a candy store. I think my hubby had just as much fun laughing at me than I had shopping. He paid and carried the bags to the car. Spent 175$ but came out with 5 grocery bags full of all kinds of fabulous low carb foods ( I came prepared thanks to this website and Evepet's site. I knew what was restricted, unrestricted, what to look for and found everything I was looking for except for the Torani sauces.

Boy it would be dangerous for me to be in the real store in Markham hahaha.

Can't wait to get home and try some of the things I bought. Youppie! Variety.... crunch, yummy

Last edited by ginettepv; 03-30-2013 at 09:42 PM.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:49 PM   #40  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltykisses View Post
TIA
I am in western Canada, Safeway carries Jicama here. I will have to try the salad.
Old 03-30-2013, 09:51 PM   #41  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Had company today. Dinner was Op other than the rice, which of course I didn't' have. Answered a lot of questions about IP. Have a great week all.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #42  
Reboot Jan 2018

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
I found it at Whole Foods.
Old 03-31-2013, 09:54 AM   #43  
Started IP March 28, 2013

S/C/G: 173/162.4/149

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debrasb View Post
Good morning! Getting ready for a relaxing day including an outing with hubby. He is starting phase 2 today after losing 170 lbs!! (I still have 15 lbs to go). I'm researching phase 3 breakfast ideas while enjoying my morning coffee :-)
Awesome accomplishments for you and hubby! You are a great inspiration to those of us just getting started.

Last edited by LynnOntario; 03-31-2013 at 09:57 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 10:05 AM   #44  
Getting there!

S/C/G: 198/ticker/158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mother of the Groom View Post
I figured out how to make my enchiladas and they were awesome. It made enough for 4 meals.

Beef Enchiladas
1 pkg of plain omelet, made with 150mls water
2 eggs and. 2 egg whites
1/2 cup of shredded zucchini
4 tbsp of grated cauliflower
Garlic and onion powder to taste
Mix all together well. Spray a 10" fry pan with evoo on medium/high heat. Drop a ladle full of mixture into pan, swirl around to cover bottom of pan thinly. When bottom is brown flip over to brown the top. Set on plate to cool.
Makes 4 wraps.
Filling
24oz of lean ground beef, crumbled and browned.
Taco seasoning with no sugar
1/3 cup of tomato sauce, sugar free
Mix altogether
This looks great and I want to make it. Got confused though. The first part with omelette mix, eggs, zucchini, etc you mix together and make into pancakes (wraps)?

Did you put additional sauce on top of filled wraps?
Freezing other portions?

Thanks, I know I am being a bit dense, I am not that creative with packets and want to get it right
Old 03-31-2013, 10:18 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 160/153/140

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Happy Easter or Passover to everyone. Great weather today, perfect for the Easter egg hunts. Have my game plan in place today to make sure I enjoy the holiday but don't sway away from IP.

Just finished a wonderful Proti-diet pancake. Love that it is a non restricted food. Choc shake at lunch will give me that choc. fix and fill my belly. Then dinner with our son's in-laws. Proving to myself today, that the holidays do not mean that I need to stuff my face.

Enjoy the day everyone!
Closed Thread