Old 03-24-2013, 09:08 AM   #31  

S/C/G: HW207/SWIP190/CW134.6/GW138

Height: 5'4"

Default Thanks for the link and discount tips!!

Thanks for the info on plainprotein.com...once I'm in maintenance, I intend to continue eating some of their foods, but I'd rather not have to make regular trips to my clinic - plus, they don't keep a large supply, and sometimes when I go, they're out of the foods I like. Thanks again, very helpful!!!
Thirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 10:36 AM   #32  

S/C/G: 251/188/135

Height: 5' 4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdealProteinNewbie View Post
I posted this awhile ago but IP is coming out with new non-restricted packets in May:

Garlic & Herb Potato Chips
Cornflakes
RTD Cappucino
Chocolate Brownie
Ready-to-Eat Chocolate Pudding (already available in Canada)
Excited about the RTD Cappuccino, brownie and pudding! I bet people are going to come up with some great recipes with the cornflakes and chips.
aliboo723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 07:40 AM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I am a diabetic, and it took me forever to find a doctor who actuall BELIEVED me when I said I gain weight at 1500 cal/day. Until this doc, who specializes in diabetes and PCOS, listened to me and ran the proper tests, I was "alone" in everything I ever did, and once put myself on a very strict 800 cal/day diet that was NOT an IP type diet and literally starved 85 lbs off of me out of desperation.

So I feel ya!

The first weight loss that really worked for me that wasn't starvation, was Atkins. But like a lot of Atkins diet followers, I just quit losing after a while.

I have seen 3 different dietitian/nutritionists in my lifetime, plus one horrible diabetic clinic day after I was diagnosed. They DON'T GET IT! They want us to eat a "balanced" diet, but to eat balanced, lose weight, and deal with diabetes (I'm not on insulin) it's back to a starvation diet, basically. And I wound up maintaining for a lot of years on a 1200 cal diabetic diet, rather than ever losing any weight. Dietitians are not for everyone, because every one I've seen wants me to eat the calories that the chart says I should eat for my weight, which starts out at about 1800 cal/day. I have NEVER in 10 years eaten that much on a daily basis, and if I did I'd be gaining a pound a week, not losing it. They don't get it. They use the food pyramid, and want me to eat a ton of grains. I'm super super insulin resistant and I can't eat more than 1 piece a bread a day. Ever. They think I'm lying.

As for too much protein. I talked to my Dr about this, because I was doing Atkins. A "healthy" person should have about 1/2 gram of protein per pound they weight, per day. I'm 250 lbs now, so I should have around 125 g protein/day. I actually make sure I try to hit that target using IP. You can eat a WHOLE lot more protein that than per day without adverse side effects if you have healthy kidney and liver. On Atkins, I was doing about double that.

I hope you get everything straightened out and that you are able to maintain properly. It's not easy, but it's doable, once you get in the right mindset. I know it's possible to maintain without exercise because I tore some ligaments in my shoulder and couldn't do anything but walk for exercise for 2 years, and I didn't gain weight. I averaged the 1200 cal/day, and very few carbs (under 75 g/day). It's a matter of rethinking food. It cannot be used as a crutch. I had a long road to deal with that!

to you!
Thanks! No one understands our needs but us! Well, I lost 7# this past week, one week so far, but I did go out to dinner Saturday night, so I have to go through ketosis again. I have a family thing tonight, but will just have protein and back to the gym tomorrow after work.
CosmosHuman is offline   Reply With Quote