Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 07:11 AM   #1  

Default IP Daily Chat Wednesday 3/13/2013

Welcome back to the Daily Chat thread - post your plans for today, share what's been happening, ask questions!

Some forum lingo:
NSV = Non-scale victory
TOM = time of the month
WI = Weigh-in
WF = Walden Farms
OP = on program

Bookmarking:
Ideal Protein Sub-forum Home page
Consider making it a bookmark or a favorite in your browser so you can come back easily to get your RDA of Ideal Protein information.

Information for newbies:
Check the sticky page (top of forum, above all the topics) for lots of good information and please read here before asking what might be a frequently asked question in the daily thread: Information on Ideal Protein phases (1-4), IP Ultimate List Recipes, FAQ, Newbie Guide, Exercise, and other Important Threads

More Recipes Here Mix'n in the kitchen...Recipes from the Rainbow
MiX'N' iN THE KiTCH'N.... Recipes from the Rainbow Volume 2
here Fun with Ideal Protein Packets
and here Fun with Veggie Purees!
Ideal Protein Diet Recipes #4

Tickers and Signatures:
There are 2 requirements to have access to signatures and tickers. You must have been a member of 3fatchicks for 20 days AND posted at least 20 messages anywhere on the 3fatchicks forum. When you've met those requirements check The Ultimate Signature and Ticker Thread for more information and instructions.

Quoting: The best quoting tip - EVER!! Thanks Rosie, aka 6710.

Searching:
If you can't find what you're looking for in this forum using the website search function, try using the "double search" using Google.

1) Go to Google.com. Search 3fatchicks by using the term site:3fatchicks.com at the end of your Google search.

For example, if you want to look for "big mac in a bowl", type "big mac in a bowl site:3fatchicks.com" in Google search. No need to include the quotation marks when you type.

2) This will bring up the page that you are looking for, now hit Ctrl+F to search on that page. Type "big mac in a bowl" and all instances of that search term will be highlighted.

Progress photos have been moved to the Mini-Goal Photo Album.

Other helpful links related to the Ideal Protein diet:
Dr. Chanh Tran Tien's website
Old 03-13-2013, 07:42 AM   #2  

Height: 5'6"

I am starving today, is it ok to have a real omlet if I want to save my shake for my afternoon snack?? I brought the shake for bfast but I am going to need something more. If I did egg, peppers, spinach, mushrooms would that affect me too much? I'm thinking TOM is to blame as I am waiting for it anyday now, I just dont want to cave here at work and eat a bunch of crap I shouldnt. Especially since someone left chocolate cake in the breakroom
Old 03-13-2013, 07:49 AM   #3  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Thank you all for the encouragement yesterday after what I saw as a disappointing WI. You're right, I need to reword things.

Had my third weight in yesterday, I am down 8 lbs!!!!
I am down one pant size! I tried on my target outfit last night and realize I set my sites far too low. The outfit fits already, I have lost several inches in the stomach area. I will have to have it tailored to fit me once I reach my goal.

I talked to Husband last night and he was really encouraging. Although I was initially disappointed with the loss, it is the most success I have had with any diet and only made me more determined to succeed with this.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:53 AM   #4  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
If I did egg, peppers, spinach, mushrooms would that affect me too much?
I quite often have eggs in the morning. Peppers, spinach and mushrooms will count towards your vegetable allowance. If you make it with 2 eggs and one egg white, that is half your protein for the day. Have the other half at dinner.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:12 AM   #5  
IP start date 12/12/12

S/C/G: 197.6/191.8/150

Height: 5'5.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
Thank you all for the encouragement yesterday after what I saw as a disappointing WI. You're right, I need to reword things.

Had my third weight in yesterday, I am down 8 lbs!!!!
I am down one pant size! I tried on my target outfit last night and realize I set my sites far too low. The outfit fits already, I have lost several inches in the stomach area. I will have to have it tailored to fit me once I reach my goal.

I talked to Husband last night and he was really encouraging. Although I was initially disappointed with the loss, it is the most success I have had with any diet and only made me more determined to succeed with this.
Way to reframe, Donna! You're doing great!

I just want to say...I HATE TOM!!! I've been on the verge for 3 days now...bloated, uncomfortable, crampy...the scale says I'm up 1.4 lbs...no, I'm not worried about it just one more irritating thing about TOM! And to top it all off...now I have a big painful core sore on my lip! Sorry, just my little rant! I'll be better in a little while!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #6  

Also
1 egg + 2-3 egg whites = 1 omelet packet
Especially good for those who don't like the powdered eggs

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-13-2013 at 08:18 AM.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:15 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 256/218/165

Height: 5'3

Just started my morning with IP Oatmeal (yum!) and my daily cup of tea...can't live without that! lol Now I'm off to take the kiddies to March Break camp, then home to clean the house....not looking forwward to that, but has to be done

Question about W.F and other "toppings": My coach told me thatI can only have max 2TB's a day....so If I was having pancakes, I could only have 2TB of WF syrup and then no extra toppings that day.....or I could split it to 1TB and then 1TB of something else later that day (like 1000 Island for Big Mac in a Bowl). Just wondering if that's right? She didn't really explain why....just that it was a "no no".

Enjoy your day everyone!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:24 AM   #8  

Quote:
Originally Posted by countrychic View Post
Question about W.F and other "toppings": My coach told me thatI can only have max 2TB's a day....so If I was having pancakes, I could only have 2TB of WF syrup and then no extra toppings that day.....or I could split it to 1TB and then 1TB of something else later that day (like 1000 Island for Big Mac in a Bowl). Just wondering if that's right? She didn't really explain why....just that it was a "no no".
The labels on 0/0/0 products reflect <1 carb but not necessarily zero carbs.
Most folks here limit 0/0/0 items to 4 servings per day, knowing they'll probably be adding 2 or more carbs. Your coach limiting it to one serving per day is pretty extreme!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:45 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

WI today....-1.6.
Unfortunately I also started my TOM again this morning. Since starting this diet I have had my ToM for 5 weeks. I know it's from the estrogen being released from my fat but geez, I would like a break from it.
Have a great OP day everyone!! So appreciative for all the people here, your advice and support!!!!
Old 03-13-2013, 08:47 AM   #10  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

TNmom yesterday was talking about her Coke Zero addiction. Since that thread is locked thought I'd reply here.

Coke Zero contains aspartame and is a big No-No on IP. I'm not 100% certain but think I remember reading that it tricks the body into releasing insulin so can really screw things up.

I can't help with the caffine part of it but Cascade Ice is a 0/0/0 drink that is actually pretty good and was recommended by my clinic.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:17 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 160/130/135

Height: 5'1

I weighed in last night and I was down another 3.2 which I'm really pleased with, however my coach told me that I am not eating enough????!!!!!! She told me that I am not eating enough lettuce and that I need to start fitting it in on top of my 4 cups of veggies a day. I don't really think that I can eat that much more than what I currently am. Any ideas that anyone can pass along would be great. Also, has anyone else every been told this?
Old 03-13-2013, 09:21 AM   #12  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizJazz View Post
WI today....-1.6.
Unfortunately I also started my TOM again this morning. Since starting this diet I have had my ToM for 5 weeks. I know it's from the estrogen being released from my fat but geez, I would like a break from it.
Have a great OP day everyone!! So appreciative for all the people here, your advice and support!!!!
Just look at it this way....you are getting TOM all the time because you are a fat burning machine! Congrats on your fantastic success so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadiandieter View Post
I weighed in last night and I was down another 3.2 which I'm really pleased with, however my coach told me that I am not eating enough????!!!!!! She told me that I am not eating enough lettuce and that I need to start fitting it in on top of my 4 cups of veggies a day. I don't really think that I can eat that much more than what I currently am. Any ideas that anyone can pass along would be great. Also, has anyone else every been told this?
I've seen others post about this. If you aren't hungry I wouldnt worry too much about the lettuce. If you start having issues with the big C, then you might want to add in the lettuce. It helps to keep you regular.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:22 AM   #13  

Height: 5' 7"

Just received an email from Nashua Nutrition - Free Shipping on orders over $49.00 by using Code "Today49"

Just thought I'd share......Hope everyone is having a great day
Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #14  

S/C/G: See Ticker....getting there!

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone....I've been off the program since Thanksgiving. Thought I'd give myself a break for the holidays. Then in the beginning of January my dad passed away and I've been having a hard time. Took me a couple of months, but finally realized that the best thing I can do to feel better and start healing is to take good care of myself. So, Ideal Protein...here I come! I will admit to doing a "lite" version since I'm low on supplements, but I'm following as closely as I can with generic low carb protein drinks and regular food in the form lots of veggies and meat. Planning to go back full time soon. Wish me luck. Glad to be back on the forum.
Old 03-13-2013, 09:27 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/177/155

Hi, all. I am new to 3FC and find you all inspirational. I joined IP in Jan 2013. So far, in 8 weeks, I have lost 28 pounds and 18 inches!!! It has been than 15 years since I have weighed less than 200 lbs! Financially I am only going to be able to continue another 4 weeks. I am terrified of regaining the weight. Question: Do you find the Paleo diet compatible with Phase 4?
Thank you!!!

P.S. I do plan to return to Phase 1 in a couple months, but plan to use alternative products.
Closed Thread