Closed Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #31  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone39 View Post
Does this mean that I would take eight (8) 99 mg pills instead of one (1) 800 mg?
No, it's different form of pottasium that absorbs more easily. The bottle will tell you how many to take per day. I'm assuming it's still one, but I'm still working on the old version.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:28 PM   #32  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

NSV I tried on my size 9 jeans again this morning. THEY FIT!! while they are a bit snug still, I CAN BREATHE IN THEM.

My official WI is tomorrow. Anxious to see what I have lost for inches.

I am out of my usual breakfast choices so this morning I made an egg scramble with 2 eggs + egg white, seasoned with green onions and dill. I had my morning latte with IP vanilla RTE drink.

Lunch I will probably just have salad and IP chicken patty

Dinner I am making meatloaves for the freezer, mashed (cauliflower) potato + another vegetable.

Snack - Well, not orange messy cake, that's for sure.

Before I started this diet I tried a latte made with the vanilla protein RTE drink, it was not great. This morning it is delicious.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:30 PM   #33  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by ann306 View Post
Hello, Iam new to this forum and have lost 9.8 pounds and 12 inches. Today is my one month mark on ideal protein. I have spoken to my IP coach and she stated that if you use birth control, or have a contraceptive patch you should be careful and use protection. I have an iud (mirnera) and is it the same. I have spoken to a pharmacist and they said not to worry,as an iud blocks the uterine line. Does anyone have info,please share. This is causing a lot of stress for me.. Also I was told that u will lose weight slower on a iud. Thanks
Okay two things about the IUD, some of them have no hormones whatsoever because that's not how they block the act of conception. So while I would say your likely safe from an unwanted pregnancy, I would also strongly advise you to use extra protection if this is something you want to avoid for the time being. Second I currently have a Mirena IUD in place and although I don't feel like I am losing very fast, I also don't think I am losing slower than a fair amount of people here either. To me given the time I have spent on the forums and on the diet, I feel like I am somewhere in the 'bell curve' at about average. I am happy with the way my body is feeling and how my clothes are starting the droop.

NSV, I think . . . but I am not sure . . Had a cholesterol screening done and the pharmacist said my HDL is down 50 points. I was so excited but when I got home and looked at my other levels I noticed my triglycerides are up 60 points! Anyone have any idea whats going on with those numbers?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:44 PM   #34  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post

NSV, I think . . . but I am not sure . . Had a cholesterol screening done and the pharmacist said my HDL is down 50 points. I was so excited but when I got home and looked at my other levels I noticed my triglycerides are up 60 points! Anyone have any idea whats going on with those numbers?
I had the exact same issue. My doc is re-screening me. Because of diabetes, I've had a triglyceride issue for some time, but she was sooo impressed with my cholesterol and A1C, but the triglycerides has her concerned. It's something she wants to keep screening to make sure it doesn't get out of control.

Do you know if you're still in the "normal" range?
Old 03-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #35  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

I have a serious question... I have read the travelling on IP threads, and they're great.

I just have one thing I wonder about...

I do not eat the restricted foods because of diabetes.

Where we're traveling, the issue is, I know what the kiddo will want to eat, and I'm fine with not caving to temptation, (travelling is when kiddo gets to choose food instead of mom harping on her to eat healthy) I'm just worried about not finding lean meats in restaurants where we might be dining.

Is it "okay" to eat an extra packet, or two, in place of real protein if there is an issue. I know they do this on bootcamp, and I would not do this everyday, but there are some very hectic days that searching out healthy protein may be a huge issue. I'm not worried about finding salads at all, I'm good with the veggie aspect of it, just the protein.

I asked my coach this, and he made it sound like it was a super NO NO, but I've read enough threads on here that said it's fine. Anyone done this before? Any weird issues? Hunger? (I think that's my biggest worry)
Old 03-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #36  

S/C/G: 202.4/161/145

Height: 5' 6"

After I got back from my forgotten real food debacle, my coach told me that I did fine, and that in a pinch 2 IP foods equals 8 oz of protein requirement. I ended up eating 5 packs a day spaced out evenly due to the nature of the work I was doing (outside in the cold and lifting heavy stuff). I got hungry when I was due to have my next packet, but I was also not drinking water during the day (no place to pee out there, and was wearing heavy winter bib overalls...hard to pop a squat in the bushes!). I think if I had been drinking adequate water I wouldn't have even been hungry. There was one day where I forgot my mid-day packet until well past 2pm. I don't think you'd get the hungries too bad.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:00 PM   #37  
IP Start 01/25/13

S/C/G: 223/182/170

Height: 5'10"

Anyone try pre-mixing packets and storing them. I'm talking about the drinks or soups not the puddings. The reason I ask is that DW is usually going 100mph at work every day and doesn't really have time to do things herself. If I could pre-mix things so she just needed to reheat it at work it would make her life easier. I'm hesitant to just try it as I don't really want her winding up with something that's not edible. If I could do a soup with broccoli or mushroom puree in it she'd be able to get the packet and her veggies all at once.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:16 PM   #38  

S/C/G: 181/137/136 Start: 11/28/12

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Good morning all! Another small NSV for me this weekend...one of DH's buddies came over to visit, he came in the house, stopped and said "Okay, what did you do different? You look different." I laughed and DH was like "she is rocking this diet" and proceeded to tell him all about how much I've lost and how proud he is of me. It felt so good to have his buddy notice and then for him to gush about how amazing I looked!

Then last night I made salmon marinated in WF Sesame Ginger dressing, Steamed asparagus and cauliflower fried rice...DH was amazed at how good the "rice" was. I can totally see myself cooking like this for us forever. I don't even miss rice or pasta.
That is awesome, my hubby actually found this diet for me and has been very supportive as well. Funny thing I made salmon and asparagus last night too, never thought to use the WF though, I just used Lemon pepper, Olive oil and old bay seasoning, and a little Sea Salt. Yours sounds delicious I use the sesame ginger when I stirfry.
NSV for me also yesterday, I went through the back of my closet where I stashed a bunch of jeans and shorts from my weight loss on the Horrible HCG a few years back (that I gained almost all of back). Much to my surprise I was able to get into almost everything, there was a pair of jeans that didn't quite make it on, but what surprised me the most is my size 4 shorts went over this butt and hips and actually buttoned and zipped. Can you say happy dance ?? They are quite snug but wow what a shock!
Old 03-11-2013, 03:29 PM   #39  

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35A2 View Post
Anyone try pre-mixing packets and storing them. I'm talking about the drinks or soups not the puddings. The reason I ask is that DW is usually going 100mph at work every day and doesn't really have time to do things herself. If I could pre-mix things so she just needed to reheat it at work it would make her life easier. I'm hesitant to just try it as I don't really want her winding up with something that's not edible. If I could do a soup with broccoli or mushroom puree in it she'd be able to get the packet and her veggies all at once.
Works like a charm! I took premixed soups w/veggie purée & nuked @ work & then switched to using a thermos so I didn't even have to heat at work. Puddings actually work, too. As do any drinks. I tend to use a RTD for that but I love lemonade & will switch back as the weather gets warmer (thanks for the reminder..I'll save some RTD bottles!)
Old 03-11-2013, 03:36 PM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntheEvening View Post
Hello all! What's your thoughts on corn beef cabbage? Isn't ip safe minus the potatoes and onions?
I bought a well-trimmed brisket. I'll use my own spices & cabbage & rutabaga
Hubby wants some carrots so I'll probably pull out some juice & cook separatelyj

Last edited by lisa32989; 03-11-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:46 PM   #41  
IP start date 2/4/13

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Yup, my resting heart rate has totally dropped down to where yours is. I'm not on any meds now and wasn't on any bp meds before but be sure to keep your doctor in the loop as you go to be sure you're on the right medications - if you even need them anymore!

I was type II diabetic - on insulin and metformin - when I started and was off insulin in 10 days and off metformin in four months.
Thanks for the feedback!

I am on Metformin for ovarian cysts which I have had since my ectopic pregnancy in 2009. Haven't had them since I started it which is good because they are quite painful.

I am looking forward to not needing to be on meds anymore but since I had a panic attack this morning before weigh in, I am thinking that I still need to be on them for now.

The freedom of never having another panic attack again will make everything with IP so worth it. To live a life free of those would be tremendous for me. Here's hoping :

Oh, and I'm done -2.3 pounds this week, bringing me to the weight I was when I got engaged back in 2009. So I'm happy and I think it I will hit my Easter goal

Last edited by SFNinerGirl; 03-11-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:12 PM   #42  
Starting over: 7/29/2015

S/C/G: 257/251/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPdivajen View Post
Yup, my resting heart rate has totally dropped down to where yours is. I'm not on any meds now and wasn't on any bp meds before but be sure to keep your doctor in the loop as you go to be sure you're on the right medications - if you even need them anymore!

I was type II diabetic - on insulin and metformin - when I started and was off insulin in 10 days and off metformin in four months.
Divajean--what test did you doctor do to allow you to go off Metformin? Before IP, I was on Victoza and Metformin. I am now off the Victoza and my Metformin dosage went down from 2000 mg/day to 1000 mg. I'd LOVE to get off Metformin (the intestinal issues are getting old), but as of my A1C results in January (6.9) he only let me cut the Metformin in half, not drop it entirely. I have started to notice that I get light headed if I go too long without eating--wondering if that is related to low blood sugar and Metformin.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:16 PM   #43  
Started IP 1/25/13

S/C/G: started IP @210/194/150

Height: 5"1'

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
I had the exact same issue. My doc is re-screening me. Because of diabetes, I've had a triglyceride issue for some time, but she was sooo impressed with my cholesterol and A1C, but the triglycerides has her concerned. It's something she wants to keep screening to make sure it doesn't get out of control.

Do you know if you're still in the "normal" range?
No its not in the normal range, its 219 which means it's crossed into the High range of 200-499
Old 03-11-2013, 04:21 PM   #44  

S/C/G: 216/209.6/180

Height: 5'9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffiner View Post
Happy Monday everyone. Weekend was busy and I fell off the wagon a bit...I hada few moments of guilt last night and realized that I hadn't felt guilty since starting IP. So today I am forgiving myself and moving forward OP. if my weight loss is not good this week, so be it. Live and Learn.
Yay for forgiving yourself and moving forward..

I also fell off the wagon last night. Kind of a planned cheat which I discussed with my coach and according to another thread her advice was way off, will have to go back and re read that section more carefully since I didn't see it until after the cheating. Anyway before last night I had been 100% OP for 52 days! That for me is very good. And I am so happy with that. I am also happy to be back to OP today as I really didn't feel great this morning. I was feeling guilty last night at some points and that was silly as I have just over two weeks left of OP and then I am totally going off anyway, maybe will bring some shakes and bars on holiday, but don't think I am bringing supplements or anything. Mid April I will be back OP with 10 or 15 or maybe 20 pounds to lose.....Depending on how much I gain while away. Anyway that's the plan at this point. I was so worried that I would crave the bad foods today, but so far it's the exact opposite. I only want my allowable foods. Let's hope this sticks around over the next few days while am getting back on track....
Old 03-11-2013, 05:12 PM   #45  
Back IP alt 100% (again)

S/C/G: 299/232/185

Height: 5'8

I may be repeating old information but I got so excited to see that peanut butter soy puffs just like IP are now offered thru Nashuas site, "protithin peanut & caramel soy snacks" :
Closed Thread