Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #16  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fam4me View Post
NSV....I went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 10 petite jeans! Cool ones with sparkly pockets on the back side! Something fashionable instead of just "fitable"! When I started I was a size 24W!
Well, congrats! What a great NSV! I cannot imagine being able to actually choose clothing again instead of settling for, as you say, "fittable."

I bet those jeans will look fab with that great sweater (that I still want, btw!). Enjoy!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:17 AM   #17  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubie View Post
I was wondering if someone could help me? I have been doing IP for almost 2 weeks now. I have been staying OP including the olive oil and salt requirements. After I eat I am ok for almost 3 hours and then I start to get hungry. By the time it time for me to eat again....I am starving. I thought the feeling of being hungry was suppose to go away? I just can't stand being so hungry that I can barely function. Any ideas?
Love your name, btw! Are you drinking water throughout the morning? That is the first thing I grab when I feel hungry. Like someone said above, hot tea (w/ a bit of sweetener, if needed) will hold you for a while. Also, I keep a couple of hard boiled eggs on hand. If I am truly, truly hungry, a plain hard boiled egg white with salt will be appealing and then I'll eat that. If I look beyond the egg white, I know the hunger is more emotional or craving based and I don't go any further with it -- I grab my water and get busy with something else.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:27 AM   #18  

Height: 5'6"

Good Morning!
Hubby said we are taking our kids to see The Great and Powerful Oz tomorrow. I think he and I are more excited than the kids . I need to find a replacement 'snack' so I don't feel left out. I really wish I had some SW puffs but the only portable restricteds I have is 2 p.crunch bars left. I guess I could take one of those. My coach is weaning me off of my coke zero addiction (it has aspartame). Anywho during my 1st week I cut down to 1 a day, this week its 1 every other day...etc etc. So I'm making sure not to have any today so I can have one at the movies.
I'm new but so far this has worked VERY well for me. I'm the type of person that NEEDS structure or I will fall to the wayside. Tell me what to do and I will do it, but dont give me vague directions. Needless to say this has worked well for me my 1st weigh in last week I went from214.4 to 204.4.... I was flabbergasted. 9 pounds! My next weigh in wont be til next Wednesday or Thursday but I stepped on the scale this am and it read 200.6. I almost started crying. I never could get and stay below 200, I always would get 'stuck'. (With all that said the thought of maintenance scares the bejesus out of me. But I will worry and cross that bridge later)
On a less than positive note I think I am keeping this my dirty little secret. The people I have told look at me like I'm crazy, or they know a little about it and say that I am STARVING myself because the calories are so low. Shoot I could barely finish my omelet this morning with a cup of sauteed mushrooms in it. I dont feel like I'm starving. A couple of friends even turned up their noses and said that I was eating 'processed junk that can't be good for me'. Uhhhh what did you think I was eating to get to 214 lbs babydoll? It wasn't tofu and veggies I can tell you that. I'm eating more 'real' foods now even with the packages than I ever was before. And then there is the comment ' you will just gain it back once you quit buying their food' yada yada yada. So instead of letting everyone rain on my parade I will just say I'm cutting back on carbs. Hopefully by the time by birthday rolls around in June they will keep their remarks to themselves

Last edited by TNmom; 03-09-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #19  
Started IP 2/13/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNmom View Post
A couple of friends even turned up their noses and said that I was eating 'processed junk that can't be good for me'. Uhhhh what did you think I was eating to get to 214 lbs babydoll? It wasn't tofu and veggies I can tell you that. I'm eating more 'real' foods now even with the packages than I ever was before. And then there is the comment ' you will just gain it back once you quit buying their food' yada yada yada. So instead of letting everyone rain on my parade I will just say I'm cutting back on carbs. Hopefully by the time by birthday rolls around in June they will keep their remarks to themselves
Good for you! And very well said. I think that all people lose weight differently and different ways of eating are good for different people. (If only society would come around to this concept.) Anyway, it sounds to me like your "friends" are jealous jealousers who are jealous! Keep at it, you're doing great!
Old 03-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #20  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
... So instead of letting everyone rain on my parade I will just say I'm cutting back on carbs. Hopefully by the time by birthday rolls around in June they will keep their remarks to themselves
Congrats & Welcome!

By June the comments you'll be getting will sound more like "You look Great!", "How did you do it?" and you can respond with "thank you" and as much or as little more as you wish.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #21  

Exactly!!!

Last edited by TNmom; 03-09-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #22  
IP diet initiation 3/4/13

S/C/G: 203.4/196/160-size 10

Height: 5'10"

Been OP for 6 days. Today was the first weigh in. Lost 4.2 pounds and 5 inches
Old 03-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 222/192/165

Height: 5'9"

Day 8 and still going strong...looking forward to my weigh in on tuesday...who woulda thunk it! Thanks for all the thinspiration. I love to read the threads it makes me feel like part of something bigger than just me. A bigger group that is getting smaller hehehe
Old 03-09-2013, 12:20 PM   #24  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Good Morning!

I'm new but so far this has worked VERY well for me. I'm the type of person that NEEDS structure or I will fall to the wayside. Tell me what to do and I will do it, but dont give me vague directions.

A couple of friends even turned up their noses and said that I was eating 'processed junk that can't be good for me'. Uhhhh what did you think I was eating to get to 214 lbs babydoll? It wasn't tofu and veggies I can tell you that.
I am the same way, structure works for me. Accountability as well.

Your comment on eating processed food cracked me up! I have had that sort of comment and have even made them before IP.

I went from eating heavy carbs, processed, sugar food, no protein and few veggies to eating lots of veggies, lean protein, marginal carbs and no sugar. Hmmm, tell me how is this bad.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:22 PM   #25  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Good for you! And very well said. I think that all people lose weight differently and different ways of eating are good for different people. (If only society would come around to this concept.) Anyway, it sounds to me like your "friends" are jealous jealousers who are jealous! Keep at it, you're doing great!

I agree, they are jealous.
Old 03-09-2013, 12:46 PM   #26  

S/C/G: H253/219/177.4/150

Height: 5'4

Quote:
NSV....I went shopping last night and bought a pair of size 10 petite jeans! Cool ones with sparkly pockets on the back side! Something fashionable instead of just "fitable"! When I started I was a size 24W!
That is awesome!!!

Old 03-09-2013, 12:50 PM   #27  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl
Yep, I agree!
Had dinner with a friend last night. Last time we had dinner I was one week into the diet, had lost 4lbs, and she said, "No way you're going to be able to stay on this diet," as I was eating my chicken breast and green salad with my "bring in" condiments.

It's been 2.5 months and I'm down almost 30lbs, and as I'm eating my bun-less, condiment-less burger and salad last night, she said, "You're really doing great. I didn't think you would last this long."

This is a woman who has been on Weight Watchers FOREVER...yo-yo dieting constantly.

Then she said, "But it's not like you can be on it forever."

And I said, "Nope, just until I'm a healthy weight."

Oh, and I got into size 20W jeans! (I started out at a tight 28W) Not that I can sit in the 20's yet, but I got them buttoned and zipped!

Last edited by leannekarella; 03-09-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #28  

That's what aggravates me! Why can't they just say -"Hey you look great". "Keep it up." or just a plain ol' "good job". It's like they have to give you a compliment with a little twist of a knife at the end.
Old 03-09-2013, 01:29 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 220 / ticker / 140

Height: 5' 6"

Quote:
Congratulations!! That's what I'm looking forward to. I told my family that when I meet my goal....I'm going to get a cute pair of jeans with bling on the butt!! Good for you.....your success is awesome!!
Old 03-09-2013, 02:16 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:

Wow! Good for you! That is an amazing accomplishment. I hope to make the same announcement one day. you should be proud!
Closed Thread