Old 03-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #61  
Ideal Protein Diet

S/C/G: 157/138/115

Height: 5'2"

Have you asked her for support or information and she isn't willing/able to give it? Or are you waiting for her to offer it and she hasn't?

You might want to talk to your endocrinologist. It is possible that he has not sent her to training (I'm guessing there is a cost for that) or that he has and he thinks she is coaching when she isn't.

You might also want to let him know about this forum on this board so he can send other patients to it.
Tailwinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #62  
Started IP Feb 19, 2013

Height: 5'5"

I am blessed with a truly amazing coach. She is encouraging and knowledgeable. I am also learning so much from 3FC.

heritagesoftail is that a legit clinic? They are supposed to have a coach.

ETA: my understanding is also that they need to be affiliated with a medical clinic. Health regulations are very strict here in Canada and I would question if they are even legit.

Last edited by Donna Gel; 03-10-2013 at 02:55 PM. Reason: additonal comment.
Donna Gel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:50 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 180/133/135

Height: 5'6"

I'm hearing a lot of complaints about coaches and would LOVE to hear what your coaches do right? I am a coach who enjoys coaching and would love to hear what you think makes a good coach. THANKS! BTW-in regards to the question about training: I have been through the program myself and had training in IP, but we have a Dr. in our clinic to consult with when needed.
ddbbmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:46 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post
I am blessed with a truly amazing coach. She is encouraging and knowledgeable. I am also learning so much from 3FC.

ETA: my understanding is also that they need to be affiliated with a medical clinic. Health regulations are very strict here in Canada and I would question if they are even legit.

I know of two clinics here that are not associated with a medical clinic. I pay 5$ more a box to go to the clinic associated with a naturopath. It becomes much more expensive, but because of my hormonal issues, I do not feel confortable going to clinics with no medical backgrounds.
ginettepv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:31 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 219/141/130

Height: 5'1''

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolo70 View Post
This phenomenon has been discussed by Phinney and Volek (The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living: An Expert Guide to Making the Life-Saving Benefits of Carbohydrate Restriction Sustainable and Enjoyable). They are proponents of Atkins, but the ketosis principle is the same.
Thanks; I ordered the book yesterday and am looking forward to reading it
WorldTraveleronIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 05:46 PM   #66  
Started IP 3/26/12

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Gel View Post

I'm in Ontario, Canada, and I'm sure the clinic where I started is not affiliated with a medical clinic. There was certainly no evidence of that. It is housed in a fitness/gym establishment. The owner had done IP and was impressed with her personal success and decided to open a clinic. My coach had also done the program, and lost about 30 lbs - she was currently in maintenance. I left after the first week, when I realized that I could do it independently and use this forum as my 'coach'.
evepet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 07:14 PM   #67  
Diane on track July 2014

S/C/G: 230/221/180

Height: 5'6"

FYI I am definitely losing at a way slower rate the second time around, and having a much harder time staying OP and focussed, but that could just be me. As long as you're still losing, be happy. 1-2 lbs a week is great as it's going the right direction. Celebrate that. Decide what you need. Some coaches "fire" you if you don't meet their standards but most places want your money and will want you to stay. If nothing else, and it's a place to get your food, just go there for that.
I've started weighing in every 2nd week as I have a stash of food at home. My coach hasn't ever said anything about that. They make enough off you that you should be able to say who you want as a coach and why. Perhaps she/he doesn't know his behaviour is turning people off.
IP43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 11:24 AM   #68  

This was a good thread!

And, something not mentioned which works for my particular psyche is I need my coach or mentor to be someone I look up to and admire for having reached the goals I desire to reach in whatever area of my life I happen to be working on at the moment.

Like, I have had countless personal trainers in my adult life and have achieved ok results here and there. But NOW, I finally have the ideal trainer for me and my psyche. A lady who possess the body I strive for, is 10 years older than me and was actually larger than me when she started her routine (not IP related at all). So, whatever fitness or health advice that comes out of her mouth, is definitely something I can follow as she has achieved exactly what I desire to achieve.

When I told my IP coach about this trainer, the coach said "she's too thin and her body fat is too low"...now is that not the least helpful thing to hear or what?

And, why I even bring this up is because my coach, although a lovely person, doesn't really inspire me at all. :-(
peaches17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 12:45 PM   #69  
Fat melting NINJA:)

S/C/G: 141/130/115

Height: 5.2

Thanks for starting this thread guys!! My beef with my coach is that she is NOT one. She is polite but not reachable. She is a saleswoman, but never checks my daily journals. She has never given me any input whatsoever so far. I was very patient for two weeks and kept asking her to check my food entry to make sure Iam doing everything ok. A very polite" I will" and nothing happened. Then their scale was showing dat I was gaining fat and loosing lean mass every WI and that stressed me a LOT!! Yes, i was losing weight but i still had questions bout losing muscles and gaining fat. And all i got was "that is weird" and "Your are cheating"!!!
Now, I don't cheat!!I told her to check my diary to confirm it. But nothing.
They don't even take my measurements coz according to them their magical scale is all they need!!

SO, what I am trying to say is that I wish someone held these guys accountable. We do pay for a service.
But they are polite....
Aria05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014, 02:20 PM   #70  
Reboot 11 June 2018

S/C/G: 262.8/226.0/160

Height: 5'6

Ouch Aria.

I think if there was another clinic in my area that I'd be saying "are you planning on earning your money this week or should I take my business elsewhere" with an attitude like that.

To accuse you of cheating without verifying it when the evidence is in front of you is pathetic. She should be helping you find out WHY. Listing the foods in a diary is helpful, but it doesn't really show you the full information.

Have you considered using one of the online nutrition management pages on somewhere like MyFitnessPal or SparkPeople? I'm sure there are others, but these are the two that I have used , or still do use , so I know how they work. MFP records Calories, Carbs, Fat, Protein, and Sodium (very important for us as sodium leads to water retention and does affect your weigh in). SP doesn't record sodium (but it does Fiber) on the food page but it tracks it on the daily report available at the foot of the page. Let me grab you screenshots from each and you can see what it's like. It may help you more than just recording the foods. I know it helped me gauge the right amount of protein return to ensure no muscle mass loss.

Last edited by Briael; 11-03-2014 at 02:34 PM.
Briael is offline   Reply With Quote