Closed Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #61  

teresac: Girl: Lock that candy up! And/or get it out of the house! Can it be somewhere else totally? Garage? Basement work room (locked)? Somewhere NOT in the kitchen! Is your doctor aware of your sleep walking/eating? I like mrskuby's idea of an alarm that would wake you up, as well. The more "barriers" the better!

leannekarella: So great to hear about the whoosh! And to know you were patient enough to wait for it. I don't recall hearing about any impatience I've really never experienced pants falling off. I've got that hourglass shape & the hips hold them up. I retire them out of sheer bagginess before they ever fall down. Must be a great feeling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Morning, All -- I had a couple "hungry days" on Sunday and Monday, but thankfully, that storm seems to have passed. I am so happy to say that I stayed OP throughout (lots of hot tea). WI is tomorrow. It will be the first TOM WI for me, so I am managing my expectations by reminding myself how much better I feel, no matter what the scale number may be.

Where is everyone finding all these WF products? My grocery store only has a couple salad dressings. Does WalMart have them? Do you order them online?
Thanks for sharing with everyone what you did you get past the hungries. We all get them, don't we? It is all in how we live through them! Sharing that here is SO helpful to others! Good for you on remembering to keep your expectations in check. The numbers and the scale WILL give you a pay off. Not always in "our" timeframe, but it happens!
Vitacost is a good source for WF products, and netrition. Sorry, I'm not a Walmart shopper so I can't speak to that.

Quote:
Right now, all my pants are "fat girl pants." They are nothing I chose -- they are all things I had to settle for. I fantasize about the day I can actually pick and choose what I am going to wear rather than buying whatever fits.
Mine were too, back in Aug. I realized most of my clothes were things I bought because they fit. They were "okay" but nothing special. I am definitely dressing nicer now. I'm still not picking much...I had some smaller things in boxes and am supplementing with second-hand. I'll get new when I get to goal. THAT will be an experience (and expensive but worth it!).

Quote:
For those who will post here today, would you mind mentioning a WF product, or two, that you would say is the most useful/helpful to you so far? Thanks.
Just like IP products, you'll find a range of tastes with WF products (what one likes, another dislikes). My go-tos: Strawberry spread, maple syrup, BBQ sauce, coleslaw mix, balsamic dressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskuby View Post
Here is a link to the thread for the WF products...before anyone gives you a hard time about not searching the threads before asking a question...

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/idea...t-reviews.html
Thanks for looking for that & sharing!
The daily is ALWAYS a great place for questions!

SDChickie: RE: Net Carbs
I know this was answered. I just wanted to point out we look at NET carbs.
The 3FC search is wonky and takes some time to learn. I usually try several times before I get what I'm looking for.

Quote:
I can start drying my clothes!?! Yippeee! I haven't dried my jeans in ages, because they just barely weren't too tight.
Look at my signature. First thing that happened to me is I could start drying my pants again! Yay for you! This diet WORKS!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #62  
Started IP 1/9/13

S/C/G: 234.4/158/130

Height: 5'1

Had my weigh in today. Down -3.4! Very happy!
Old 02-26-2013, 03:50 PM   #63  
IP diet initiation 3/4/13

S/C/G: 203.4/196/160-size 10

Height: 5'10"

Default Newbie here!

The hubs and I are meeting with the Wellness Dr. to get on this diet. One of my co-workers and his wife started 1/1/13 and has lost 30# 25# respecitvely. Based on the increase is clothing size, I look forward to losing approx 25#. I'll learn the truth on Saturday when I weigh in I think the hubs will be looking at 40# to lose.

I'll be turning to you ladies for support

Annie
Old 02-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 197/177/160

Height: 5.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumielumes View Post
Had my weigh in today. Down -3.4! Very happy!

Way to go ......... Do the Happy Dance
Old 02-26-2013, 04:13 PM   #65  

Height: 5'8

today is a good day -- i spent the mornng demo cubards in the kitchen -- gonna be a long 3 weeks with no kitchen but i have pre cooked all my meat and have moved all my microwave downstairs -- going to be nice when done -- then this aftenoon i cleaned out my closet -- got rid of most of my XXL and XXL -- cant belive i am wearing an XL is most cases -- cant wait for WI tom to see that scale move =)
Old 02-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

So...how do you all think this will effect my weight at weigh-in on Friday? I'm thinking probably 1 lb. I'll find out after an MRI tomorrow if I need surgery. But regardless, I'm in a cast for 6 weeks. Torn UCL.
Cast.JPG
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #67  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
So...how do you all think this will effect my weight at weigh-in on Friday? I'm thinking probably 1 lb. I'll find out after an MRI tomorrow if I need surgery. But regardless, I'm in a cast for 6 weeks. Torn UCL.
Attachment 44120
Ohhh nooo!
The cast alone probably weighs a pound, if it's anything like the ones I've had in the past.

Wishing you a speedy, as pain-free recovery as possible!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:21 PM   #68  
Started IP 12-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by funstaffordmom View Post
The hubs and I are meeting with the Wellness Dr. to get on this diet. One of my co-workers and his wife started 1/1/13 and has lost 30# 25# respecitvely. Based on the increase is clothing size, I look forward to losing approx 25#. I'll learn the truth on Saturday when I weigh in I think the hubs will be looking at 40# to lose.

I'll be turning to you ladies for support

Annie
Welcome!
We're all here for you!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:24 PM   #69  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

RE: Dr visits. I jumped on the scale last time I saw my Dr!!

Someone at work thought my face looked too thin?? HUH?? I don't have a Winter coat that fits anymore so I am always under bulky clothing. Still a long way to go!!!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:38 PM   #70  

Quote:
Oh no!
You won't just have cast weight. Inflammation is water weight, too.
Hoping for no surgery & quick recovery

Just know, even if the scale isn't forgiving for a while, you are STILL losing fat and the scale WILL catch up!
Old 02-26-2013, 05:50 PM   #71  

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Attachment 44120
You know you don't have to shake that drink mixer that hard.
Old 02-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 257/200/190(?)

Height: 5'10"

This is a nice positive daily thread today. Nice to hear all the good news (well, except for that cast and torn UCL!).

Today's physical went well. Everything is certainly going in the right direction. At 5'10" and 207 lbs according to the doctor's scale, I am no longer "Obese" and just "Overweight" on the BMI chart.

I was a little puzzled by the Bod-Pod results year over year as they are inconsistent with what the IP Clinic scale is telling me about BF% or more specifically about lean mass loss. I'm not about to put a damper on the thread though. I will have to do some more reading - my expectations may need some adjusting after I learn some more.

Anyhow. To those of you with upcoming visits to the doctor, may you WOW them with your losses, your blood chemistry and whatever else they test you for. It sure is a nice feeling for a change!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:05 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
You know you don't have to shake that drink mixer that hard.
LOL..I know Texan, but I just can't help myself!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
Oh no!
You won't just have cast weight. Inflammation is water weight, too.
Hoping for no surgery & quick recovery

Just know, even if the scale isn't forgiving for a while, you are STILL losing fat and the scale WILL catch up!
Oh man, Lisa, I never even thought about the inflammation, hopefully the anti-inflammatory medication I'm taking will help me out with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leannekarella View Post
Ohhh nooo!
The cast alone probably weighs a pound, if it's anything like the ones I've had in the past.

Wishing you a speedy, as pain-free recovery as possible!
Thanks Leanne.

I was really looking forward to hitting the 140's on Friday, but I think this might push that out one more week. We shall see.
Old 02-26-2013, 06:24 PM   #74  
Reboot Jan 2018

Oh no suchawittygal! I hope you recover quickly!!
Old 02-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 276/212.4/160

Height: 5'7

Wuv...you are looking AMAZING....congratulations!!!!!!!
Closed Thread