Closed Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:17 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 188/see tracker/120

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
One week isn't a stall. SEVERAL weeks of no change in weight or measurements is a stall. Your body is just adjusting to the 7lbs you lost! Weight loss is NOT linear - it is not a stead downward slope. Some weeks you will lose weight. Some weeks, inches. And YES you will have weeks where nothing happens, especially after a big loss week. It's totally normal.

Definitely not. They are far too high in calories and fat to be used like a packet and WAAAAY too low in protein to be used as a dinner.
Thanks so much.
Old 02-25-2013, 05:49 PM   #47  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 225/175.5(home) 176.2(IP)/120

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberjules View Post
Just a quick note - my weigh in this last week was awesome. Minus 5 lbs! I'm only 1.2 lbs from achieving 40 lbs of weight loss and getting my new charm for my necklace. Amazing how I can be so inspired and motivated to lose just to get that charm.
Every time I see your face I think, "how pretty." Congrats on your loss!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:14 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
You know I'd be happy to and and till they
Sounds like a plan to me.........................
Old 02-25-2013, 06:49 PM   #49  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Just a quick note - my weigh in this last week was awesome. Minus 5 lbs! I'm only 1.2 lbs from achieving 40 lbs of weight loss and getting my new charm for my necklace. Amazing how I can be so inspired and motivated to lose just to get that charm.
Congrats -- and you are looking fantastic!
Old 02-25-2013, 07:19 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 219/Start IP at 206/172/135

Height: 5 feet 3 inches

ok so I was having a really crappy day and as I can see, so have many others. Thank you everyone for your incredible support. It's exactly what I needed to continue.

Cheated for the first time. Lost 2 pounds, which I am o.k. cause I'll take any loss. But extremely stressful day, came home and had a small piece of DQ cake and two Lint chocolate. Dang. Was doing so well.

OK. cheating done, back to business. Should have read here before cheating.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:01 PM   #51  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultramommynine View Post
Reading the WI posts today makes me think we would all be better off if we chucked our scales! I know how exciting the anticipation is when we step on the scale in the morning but I know I've gotten off plenty of diets simply because I wasn't losing fast enough. I know the time I had the most success and felt the most confident on a diet was years and years ago when I was on Atkins and had no scale. I rocked that plan for months! Even when I did have minor slipups I don't think I was as discouraged because I never saw the huge impact of those crazy numbers on the scale.

Lets remember to be kind to ourselves! Our bodies do amazing work every day! Lets work this plan!!
^^^^^^^OMG! EVERYONE READ THIS ^^^^^^^
Here is the realistic "real" world:

1. You may not lose weight every week
2. Weight loss is a journey and it isn't all measured on the scale...take measurements, too. Isn't what we are trying to do to reduce our SIZE?
3. If you cheat, it WILL catch up with you eventually
4. STAY OFF THE SCALE between official weigh ins. And if you don't, please don't complain if it doesn't move. If you are following the WHOLE PLAN, you stay off the scale. If you have learned to be a neutral observer of what the scale does, then there will be no forum complaining.
5. Sometimes weight might go up. This does NOT mean you've regained fat. There are SO.MANY. hormones involved (and not just female "sex" hormones) plus there is sodium, and elimination issues. If the scale doesn't move much, many people post their weigh-ins in their signature. You can see from other people's experience, some weeks are just like that.
6. We didn't gain it overnite, we're not gonna lose it overnite. It was just a lot more "fun" gaining it.
7. Stick to the plan & quit complaining! Find something positive that is happening. There are tons of posts about how people here are overcoming adversity. Overcome!
8. Do the math. What is your average weight loss? Be happy about that. This is a really quick weight loss plan. Most are more like a half lb a week (or less!)
9. Success breeds success. Talk about the success you are having. If its not on the scale, what did you overcome? How did you deal with a tough situation?
10. We don't measure our well being or our self worth by the scale. STAY OFF of it, unless you can watch without emotion.

I'm seeing so much complaining it is starting to be a downer.
Embrace the plan and make the best of it!

We all need to share a difficulty from time to time but come on everyone! Let's keep it upbeat and fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonna really try View Post
So much of it stuck to the paper liner i half thought about eating the liner too. Not that it actually was fantastic but it was the closest thing to bread i had had in 3 weeks.
Use nonstick pans and cooking spray. No papers. These things stick like crazy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Plans for today, think I am going to have the rest of the pork carnitas I had last night adding cauliflower rice with just a touch of tomato paste and some southwest seasonings to make it into Spanish rice!
YUM! Love me some carnitas! Spanish rice on tap next time I make it for sure. Thanks for the idea!
Quote:
You know I'd be happy to and and till they
Go Scorbett
Go Scorbett
Channeling your inner bad cop!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:06 PM   #52  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post

6. We didn't gain it overnite, we're not gonna lose it overnite. It was just a lot more "fun" gaining it.
So True!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:23 PM   #53  
Started IP: Nov. 2, 2012

S/C/G: 326/Ticker/175

Height: 5'8''

Quote:
Grats on your loss!
Sooo, I just had to let you know that I made your Mexican Salsa Verde rice for dinner tonight. Wow, THANK YOU for sharing that recipe. I think this will become a once a week dinner for me. Very yummy!
Old 02-25-2013, 08:44 PM   #54  
Started IP 12/6/12

S/C/G: 174/137/134

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suchawittygal View Post
Thank you! I'll check my local grocery store.
My grocery store hid it in the 'natural foods' area so you may need to search for it a bit.

Quote:

2. Weight loss is a journey and it isn't all measured on the scale...take measurements, too. Isn't what we are trying to do to reduce our SIZE?
4. STAY OFF THE SCALE between official weigh ins. And if you don't, please don't complain if it doesn't move. If you are following the WHOLE PLAN, you stay off the scale. If you have learned to be a neutral observer of what the scale does, then there will be no forum complaining.
5. Sometimes weight might go up. This does NOT mean you've regained fat. There are SO.MANY. hormones involved (and not just female "sex" hormones) plus there is sodium, and elimination issues. If the scale doesn't move much, many people post their weigh-ins in their signature. You can see from other people's experience, some weeks are just like that.
7. Stick to the plan & quit complaining! Find something positive that is happening. There are tons of posts about how people here are overcoming adversity. Overcome!
8. Do the math. What is your average weight loss? Be happy about that. This is a really quick weight loss plan. Most are more like a half lb a week (or less!)
9. Success breeds success. Talk about the success you are having. If its not on the scale, what did you overcome? How did you deal with a tough situation?
10. We don't measure our well being or our self worth by the scale. STAY OFF of it, unless you can watch without emotion.

We all need to share a difficulty from time to time but come on everyone! Let's keep it upbeat and fun!
I agree completely! Heck, if you look at my numbers, I'm almost done ... but in reality, I know I will never be finished. Weight - and food - control is something I will work on for the rest of my life. It is always going to be "One Day At A Time" and making the best of each moment. Sometimes it's all hard, but in reality, IP is one of the best things that's ever happened for me.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #55  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

I had a wonderful couple of days!! I got the first comment about looking like I was losing some weight! Granted is was from my friend that knows I have been working on losing, but still feels good to hear it! I also went to lunch with my SIL at Chick Fil-a, and was able to stay OP with bringing some extras with me. It was a great afternoon!
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #56  
Working to be an after!

S/C/G: 269/151.6/149

Height: 5'2''

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaNurse View Post
I am getting really nervous about WI Wednesday. I am letting those women play with my head. I actually went back on MFP to see if I was doing anything different. Not really.

I really have to plan out what I am going to say.
I'm so sorry that your having issues with your coach! It's hard when you're not getting the support you need, especially when you're paying them to help you with this. I hope things go well for you. Good luck!
Quote:
Originally Posted by MntRose View Post
Plans for today, think I am going to have the rest of the pork carnitas I had last night adding cauliflower rice with just a touch of tomato paste and some southwest seasonings to make it into Spanish rice!
I WI tomorrow morning and since I have been at the same number for the last 9 days I am just trying to stay 100% OP and drink lots and LOTS of water.

Lots of great WI's from others today, great work!
Spanish rice sounds delicious! Definitely going to be having this in the next week or so.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:31 PM   #57  
Started IP 11/28/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desafinado View Post
Every time I see your face I think, "how pretty." Congrats on your loss!
Well aren't you just the sweetest! Amazing to hear what people think. I don't always see it. Again, I can be so critical of myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tziri View Post
Grats on your loss!
Sooo, I just had to let you know that I made your Mexican Salsa Verde rice for dinner tonight. Wow, THANK YOU for sharing that recipe. I think this will become a once a week dinner for me. Very yummy!
So glad you enjoyed the recipe....yep, it's one of my favorites too. Don't you love the incredible boost of flavor? I'm always searching for healthy options to make Mexican food...love it!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #58  

Quote:
I am getting really nervous about WI Wednesday. I am letting those women play with my head. I actually went back on MFP to see if I was doing anything different. Not really.

I really have to plan out what I am going to say.
This is what you plan out to say:

Ok look here. I am paying you. I am your client who deserves respect and to be treated with dignity. I feel that you are not. I will no longer be supporting this clinic if you continue to treat me in such demeaning demoralizing and derogatory way. I am worth so much more! I refuse to pay a dime for this kind of treatment. The lack of support and encouragement is stressful and brings me sadness instead of inspiration. I will be finding another clinic or going on my own with alternatives, but I will not put up with this for one second longer.

End of story. Lets find another clinic for you. Seriously girl you are worth more!!

Quote:

LIKE LIKE LIKE
Old 02-25-2013, 10:41 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 250/250/150

Height: 5'0"

Quote:
Sounds like a plan to me.........................
I am free as well if you need more back-up!!! I can be a pretty good angry irish lassie !! You have done so well despite the angst you feel going to your clinic visits. Go in knowing you are doing well and can continue to do well, you have a lot of support.
Old 02-25-2013, 10:51 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

I have a strange question:

Anyone know why adding sugar free koolaid cherry flavor to the puddings would make them turn watery.

I read somewhere about adding Cherry MIO to the chocolate pudding for a cherry cordial taste but I could only find cherry MIO ENERGY and I didn't want the caffeiene. I was so excited when I found this liquid koolaid stuff sweetened with sucralose - no carbs and cherry flavor - my favorite.

I tried it. I added 1/4 t to the dark choc pudding after it had thickened - put it back in the fridge and when I went to eat it 10 min later it was thinner than a shake.

I tried it with the vanilla pudding last week - I added the flavor to the water before shaking - the pudding never thickened.

Makes me wonder what the heck is in this stuff.....any ideas what the problem is?
Closed Thread