^^^^^^^OMG! EVERYONE READ THIS ^^^^^^^
Originally Posted by ultramommynine
Reading the WI posts today makes me think we would all be better off if we chucked our scales! I know how exciting the anticipation is when we step on the scale in the morning but I know I've gotten off plenty of diets simply because I wasn't losing fast enough. I know the time I had the most success and felt the most confident on a diet was years and years ago when I was on Atkins and had no scale. I rocked that plan for months! Even when I did have minor slipups I don't think I was as discouraged because I never saw the huge impact of those crazy numbers on the scale.
Lets remember to be kind to ourselves! Our bodies do amazing work every day! Lets work this plan!!
Here is the realistic "real" world:
1. You may not lose weight every week
2. Weight loss is a journey and it isn't all measured on the scale...take measurements, too. Isn't what we are trying to do to reduce our SIZE?
3. If you cheat, it WILL catch up with you eventually
4. STAY OFF THE SCALE between official weigh ins. And if you don't, please don't complain if it doesn't move. If you are following the WHOLE PLAN, you stay off the scale. If you have learned to be a neutral observer of what the scale does, then there will be no forum complaining.
5. Sometimes weight might go up. This does NOT mean you've regained fat. There are SO.MANY. hormones involved (and not just female "sex" hormones) plus there is sodium, and elimination issues. If the scale doesn't move much, many people post their weigh-ins in their signature. You can see from other people's experience, some weeks are just like that.
6. We didn't gain it overnite, we're not gonna lose it overnite. It was just a lot more "fun" gaining it.
7. Stick to the plan & quit complaining! Find something positive that is happening. There are tons of posts about how people here are overcoming adversity. Overcome!
8. Do the math. What is your average weight loss? Be happy about that. This is a really quick weight loss plan. Most are more like a half lb a week (or less!)
9. Success breeds success. Talk about the success you are having. If its not on the scale, what did you overcome? How did you deal with a tough situation?
10. We don't measure our well being or our self worth by the scale. STAY OFF of it, unless you can watch without emotion.
I'm seeing so much complaining it is starting to be a downer.
Embrace the plan and make the best of it!
We all need to share a difficulty from time to time but come on everyone! Let's keep it upbeat and fun!
Originally Posted by Gonna really try
So much of it stuck to the paper liner i half thought about eating the liner too. Not that it actually was fantastic but it was the closest thing to bread i had had in 3 weeks.
Use nonstick pans and cooking spray. No papers. These things stick like crazy!
Originally Posted by MntRose
Plans for today, think I am going to have the rest of the pork carnitas I had last night adding cauliflower rice with just a touch of tomato paste and some southwest seasonings to make it into Spanish rice!
YUM! Love me some carnitas! Spanish rice on tap next time I make it for sure. Thanks for the idea!
Originally Posted by scorbett1103
You know I'd be happy to
Channeling your inner bad cop!