Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2013, 10:43 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 198/184.4/145

Height: 5'7

Hi all! I did it I had a restricted food yesterday..boy was it yummy! I did go out of ketosis last night though. Is that normal? I'm back in this morning. So we go in and out of ketosis through out the day?
Old 02-14-2013, 10:46 AM   #17  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SylviesGirl View Post
Okay, thanks, gals. . . I can't tell you how much your reassurance means.

It says on the Phase 1 protocol sheet to not have restricteds for the first couple of weeks, but I see by looking around here that many people do and have no problem. I just might have to do that.

As long as I know that I am not doing something wrong, I will do whatever I have to do and tough it out. I NEED to do this. My son is 12 y/o . . . growing up so fast . . . and I am missing so much of it by being so heavy. This summer will be different!

Thanks so much --
There are a lot of coaches that tell their clients no restricted for the first week, or even longer. Reality--you can have 1 restricted item per day if you want. You don't have to have a restricted, but again, if you want it you can have it.

Also, the first week you can eat up to 4 packets if you need it to get you through (so, either 4 non-restricteds or 3 NR and 1 restricted).

As others suggested, you can have 2 egg whites per day as a free snack or extra lettuce at any time of day. Hot beverages, such as herbal tea, are soothing and keep you feeling satisfied for longer than cold beverages. Just be sure to go with decaf. If you drink a caffeinated beverage you have to drink an equal amount of water to compensate for it.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:47 AM   #18  
IP start: 21 October 2012

S/C/G: 190.6/135.4/140

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
Hi all! I did it I had a restricted food yesterday..boy was it yummy! I did go out of ketosis last night though. Is that normal? I'm back in this morning. So we go in and out of ketosis through out the day?
Assuming that you are using ketostix to check for ketosis? They are extremely inaccurate. Eating a restricted will not bump you out of ketosis. I recommend not using the ketostix anymore. If you are following the plan you are in ketosis.
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #19  

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocahontas812 View Post
Assuming that you are using ketostix to check for ketosis? They are extremely inaccurate. Eating a restricted will not bump you out of ketosis. I recommend not using the ketostix anymore. If you are following the plan you are in ketosis.

Ok..thanks!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:51 AM   #20  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Okay, thanks, gals. . . I can't tell you how much your reassurance means.

It says on the Phase 1 protocol sheet to not have restricteds for the first couple of weeks, but I see by looking around here that many people do and have no problem. I just might have to do that.

As long as I know that I am not doing something wrong, I will do whatever I have to do and tough it out. I NEED to do this. My son is 12 y/o . . . growing up so fast . . . and I am missing so much of it by being so heavy. This summer will be different!

Thanks so much --
FYI- some people don't lose as quickly if they don't have the daily restricted.

I was miserable my first 3 days and almost quit because I thought that if my body was reacting so horribly that this was not for me. Then on the morning of day 4 I stepped on the scale and decided to heck with what my body was saying, I was going to keep doing this!

You can do this!!!!!
Old 02-14-2013, 10:54 AM   #21  

one more question..how do you get the thing on the ticker to move down when you lose weight???
Old 02-14-2013, 11:13 AM   #22  
Started IP 1/10/13

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/135

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
It occurs to me that this was probably under 1,000 calories for the day. Is that what it is supposed to be?? Won't I go right into starvation mode?

If this is what the program requires (such few calories), I will do it and not complain any further . . . but I need reassurance that I am doing it right or the "mental games" will wreak havoc with me.

Thanks!
I talked to my doctor about this (He worked for years in an obesity research facility), and he said he completely endorses this plan, and because we are maintaining plenty of protein intake, it won't send us into starvation mode. I heard people saying "Trust the plan," but I needed a second opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Texan View Post
My WI today produced another -3lbs. Got to add another little dancing 5 Pounder to my signature line. Also I hit a NSV today. I moved into slacks without elastic...Whoo Hoo
Woohoo!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ali Williams View Post
Happy Valentines everyone! I had my Thursday WI and I am down another 3 lbs. I have lost 21 in 6 weeks. This board (especially Scorbett) is what got me this far with the answers to every question, brilliant recipes & general inspiration.
Yay! I also had WI this morning and lost three pounds -- and couldn't agree more about the value of the answers, recipes, and inspiration here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danif View Post
one more question..how do you get the thing on the ticker to move down when you lose weight???
Go back into your signature in the User CP, look for the code where it says something like 200/150/175 -- and change the last number to your current weight.
Old 02-14-2013, 12:17 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 183/154/140

Height: 5'2"

Hi Sylvies Girl,

I modified a salad dressing as follows: 1 tbsp. dijon mustard, 1 tbsp. WF Pancake Syrup, 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar, 1/4 cup EVOO. Salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste. Serving size is 1 tbsp.

I checked with my center to see if this was alright as a way of getting in my olive oil every evening, and they said yes (since it wasn't cooked in any way.)

I also eat spring mix/field greens as my salads since they are composed of arugula, spinach, chard, etc. that are listed on the accepted vegetables.

You'll feel tremendously better in two more days. I was most surprised to find that you may still feel hungry from time to time, but my experience was that even on 850-1000 calories a day I wasn't getting the shakes from low blood sugars.

Anyway, hope that helps! But double check with your center about the recipe....

Quote:
Good Morning, Everybody.

Dinner: 8oz chicken breast, roasted cauliflower, bit of brown mustard for dipping chicken, iceberg lettuce with 2 tsp olive oil (must find recipe for salad dressing!), vitamins

Thanks!
Old 02-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 174/174/125

Height: 5' 2"

Is anyone here doing the alternative plan for phase 1 (for diabetics)?
If so, how is your weight loss?
I do have pre diabetes, and am thinking of switching over to the alternative plan because I still feel light headed, jittery, not able to concentrate, just weird.

I did make an appt to have my thyroid checked, thinking maybe since I lost 20 pounds my synthroid dose may need to be lowered.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 186.6/126.8/125

Height: 5'5"

Congrats to everyone on their GREAT WI's today!

Well, my ProtiDiet shipment was just delivered this morning! Yay! I just had the Tropical Fruit drink and it was really good. It's nice to taste something a bit different than the IP products I've been ingesting since October.

I don't think I'll be able to give up my Apple Cinnamon Soy Puffs though...those things are to die for

Looking forward to a day full of snowboarding tomorrow!! Woooohoooo! The kids are out of school and we're gonna go shreddin'! Cant' wait!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:38 PM   #26  
Started IP 2/13/13

S/C/G: 248/123/123

[QUOTE=Ojenchilada;4633127]I talked to my doctor about this (He worked for years in an obesity research facility), and he said he completely endorses this plan, and because we are maintaining plenty of protein intake, it won't send us into starvation mode. I heard people saying "Trust the plan," but I needed a second opinion.

Thanks for sharing this. I tried to get my doctor to look at this plan last year and give me his opinion. (He's my endocrin for hypothyroid) He cast the whole thing aside, literally, and told me he recommends nothing other than South Beach. ugh! I was disappointed in how close-minded he was to not even look at the plan!

Thanks again.
Old 02-14-2013, 01:41 PM   #27  
Started IP 2/13/13

Guess my quoting skills need work, sorry!

I just wanted to thank FlooNimbus for the salad dressing recipe. I will definitely give it a try. I was soooo hungry last night that I was too frantic to mess with thinking through a recipe . . . I figured I was so hungry that just EVOO + salt would be good enough . . . I was wrong . . . hungry as I was, that didn't fly very well.

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone who responded with support -- I WILL do this!!
Old 02-14-2013, 01:57 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 289/147.8/150

Quote:
Guess my quoting skills need work, sorry!

I just wanted to thank FlooNimbus for the salad dressing recipe. I will definitely give it a try. I was soooo hungry last night that I was too frantic to mess with thinking through a recipe . . . I figured I was so hungry that just EVOO + salt would be good enough . . . I was wrong . . . hungry as I was, that didn't fly very well.

Thanks!

And thanks to everyone who responded with support -- I WILL do this!!
I make a homemade mustard vinaigrette that's delicious, if I do say so myself!

oil
apple cider vinegar
sea salt
black pepper
spicy mustard
lemon juice

Mix it all together and enjoy!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #29  
Started IP 2/13/13

Why thank you! I suspect I will need all of these!
Old 02-14-2013, 02:21 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 280/260/180

Happy valentines day everyone! I hope all your valentines are good to you.
My dh and I are going out tonight with friends, I will be having salad with wf dsg and shrimp and chicken skewers. unofficial wi today as I had to go in the opposite direction from my center for work, down another 2 lbs! I'm gearing up for a very busy weekend/week as my brother and his family arrive tomorrow for five nights,we'll be celebrating Mumsey's birthday, and they will be hitting the slopes. I already informed them this is a pizza free zone. After they leave I will have to scramble to get ready as we are going to AZ for a week on Saturday. I know first world problems. I am feeling so excited about vacation (totally on plan of course). We are going with friends who have a house out there. They want to take us to vineyards. I told them I am the perfect person to take to a wine tasting as I have to spit it out.
Congrats to everyone on their continued success. Thank you for being a source of inspiration and information. Heidi
Closed Thread