Old 01-29-2013, 11:13 AM   #1  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Height: 5'4"

Default How much Walden Farms is too much?

So, my weight loss is extremely slow, and I do realize that I don't have that much left to lose, so I really can't expect the big 3-5 losses that some people have. However, since I'm in the last few pounds, I'm trying to look for things that could be slowing me down, and I can't help but wonder about the Walden Farms products.

Of course, the nutrition label says 0 cals/carbs/fat in a serving (30 mL), but if you read the ingredient list, there is a little footnote that says "contains trace calories". So I guess my question is how many servings per day are acceptable? Does it matter which products you use (salad dressings vs syrups/sweet stuff)? Has anyone had better success cutting these things out?

I think I've read in the forums somewhere that we're allowed 6 0/0/0 extras per day, but I didn't see that on my "official" IP sheet. Where does that "6" come from? Would the 30 mL of WF product count at 1 0/0/0?

Thanks!

~Michelle
PacNW IP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #2  
Maile

S/C/G: 242/130/130

Height: 5'6

My coach told me use as much WF as you want. It does have a slight carb content. If you are really using them alot, I would cut back. I was losing 1-2 pounds in the last week..or even none.
Maile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:47 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

You're suppose to use condiments as per their serving size. If you consume more than the serving size those "trace" calories etc. become less "trace" and add up. Condiments can be the death of me so I try not to use them at all and prefer seasonings.

Last edited by New Englander; 01-29-2013 at 11:48 AM.
New Englander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:20 PM   #4  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

One bottle is NOT a single serving. There's a serving size marked on each product, and it's there for a reason. The nutritional info (0/0/0) ONLY applies to the serving size.

FDA regulations allow companies to mark things as 0 calorie, 0 carb, 0 fat, 0 sugar, etc as long as they are BELOW 1 full unit. Some companies are honest and will put "Less than 1" in the nutritional info, but many just take advantage of being able to use that zero. So more than one serving IS going to add carbs, calories and possibly fat to your intake.

The "6" rule is more just common sense than a hard and fast protocol rule. If you have 6 servings of "extras" that have trace carbs, you will add close to 3 carbs to your day - not an amount that will have much of an effect overall unless you're very carb sensitive. More than that, and you are approaching the same carb content as some of the IP packets.
scorbett1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #5  
Started IP 1/1/13

S/C/G: 132/See Ticker/118

Height: 5'4"

Just to clarify, I know a bottle is not a serving size. A serving size, per the nutrition label, is 30 mL or ~ 2 Tbsp. I do measure my WF products to ensure I stick to the labeled serving size.

Thanks for the info on the 6 extras though!
PacNW IP is offline   Reply With Quote