Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 07:30 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 286/148/160

Height: 5'7"

Thank you.

Maybe I am eating more veggies than I should be. At least once a day I eat cucumbers so I know they are ok . But from now on I will measure the ones that I cook when they are raw.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #62  
Feed Your Freedom

S/C/G: 399.8/362.0/224

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizRR View Post
Whoo-Hoo!! PC time in the afternoon!!! About 20 minutes before I left work I started chomping on a baby Butterfinger, but ended up spitting it out and throwing it away. Today is a particularly hungry day today, but am filling up on healthy items!

LOL...ummmmm Rainbow dear -you but you are definitely the resident gourmet chef! I can be a judge - I would love to taste test all your yummy creations!
for spitting it out! wouldn't we have fun as a TEAM on a cooking show for IP!! we would win together!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LittleStar View Post

I love that show!
it was pretty cool!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #63  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Adding to the size victories today, this week I was able to wear to work the size 10 pants I bought a few weeks ago--and I also wore size medium shirts. I'm just about 3 pounds from Normal weight which just seems incredible to me.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:58 PM   #64  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onmyway1014 View Post
Hi Everyone -

Great losses and NSV's!

I got weighed at my clinic today and was down 2.8 .

After they used the body mass calculator thing my coach was upset because my fat % went up and my lean mass went down. My hydration was up slightly. This has happened another week also. My coach is perplexed.

She said it could be from only 3 things: too much excercise: waiting too long to eat: or eating something that is not on the phase 1 sheet.

I am not excercising at all; the longest I have gone between meals or snacks is 4.5 hours; I have really been trying to keep this as close to 4 hours as possible and I have not eaten anything that isn't on that sheet. I measure my veggies cooked and weigh my meat.

I am starting to get concerned. Has any one else experienced this? I have lost approximately 36 lbs of fat and 22 lbs of lean mass according to their calculations.

Any insight or ideas would be appreciated.
Two things.

First, those scales are wildly inaccurate. The most accurate methods for measuring lean mass/body fat % involve a LOT more than just a scale. All the scales do is guesstimate your body fat % and then attempt to calculate lean body mass based on that somewhat random number. The usefulness is in tracking trends, only because they use the same calculations every time - but that doesn't mean the information is solid.

Second, we lose 1lb lean mass for every 4lb of weight lost. That lean mass includes skin and all the connective tissue that is no longer needed as we lose fat and our bodies change shape. So it is COMPLETELY normal to lose Lean mass when losing large amounts of weight, otherwise we'd all be walking around looking like saggy balloons
Old 01-18-2013, 08:16 PM   #65  

S/C/G: 210/145/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorbett1103 View Post
Two things.

Second, we lose 1lb lean mass for every 4lb of weight lost. That lean mass includes skin and all the connective tissue that is no longer needed as we lose fat and our bodies change shape. So it is COMPLETELY normal to lose Lean mass when losing large amounts of weight, otherwise we'd all be walking around looking like saggy balloons
some days I do feel like a saggy balloon. Bahhahahahah!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:44 PM   #66  

hello Just wanted to post, i posted once a few weeks ago but ive been reading through old IP threads so I havent been checking in Realizing i really need to do that to help stay on track. I have been doing for about 4 weeks although I have issues with blood sugar and have had some really stupid incidents that caused me to eat off plan because of hypoglycemia. You live and you learn but it has been maddening because they are things that wuldnt throw other people off. ie certain supplemtents or even whey protein alt products can cause my blood sugar to do weird things. Anyway I am down 10.6lbs took me 3 weeks to get that off then I got sick and have been struggling a bit. My goal is to get to 136, I am at 162.4 lbs now. I was SO hungry today and ate extra beef but this is the first day I have had insane hunger.
Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 144.4 /136.6 /103-105

Height: 4' 11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopers View Post
50 lbs goooooone!

AND, I squeezed into a pair of size 18 Old Navy Diva jeans! AND it's Friday!

Have a wonderful day everyone!
Wayyyy Tooo Goooooo !!! Congrats !!! Happy Happy Friday for you !!!!
Old 01-18-2013, 08:58 PM   #68  
Started IP 7/9/12

S/C/G: 224/135/133

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by maezy1 View Post
That is so funny because that is what I bought today as well!!! a size 16 black Worthington pair of pants! I started in a size 24 so being in regular sizes just amazes me
24 down to a 16 is fantastic! You're doing so great on IP!
Old 01-18-2013, 09:10 PM   #69  
Reboot 9/2014

S/C/G: 198.6/173/165

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by rofl306 View Post
some days I do feel like a saggy balloon. Bahhahahahah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnelson316 View Post
hello Just wanted to post, i posted once a few weeks ago but ive been reading through old IP threads so I havent been checking in Realizing i really need to do that to help stay on track. I have been doing for about 4 weeks although I have issues with blood sugar and have had some really stupid incidents that caused me to eat off plan because of hypoglycemia. You live and you learn but it has been maddening because they are things that wuldnt throw other people off. ie certain supplemtents or even whey protein alt products can cause my blood sugar to do weird things. Anyway I am down 10.6lbs took me 3 weeks to get that off then I got sick and have been struggling a bit. My goal is to get to 136, I am at 162.4 lbs now. I was SO hungry today and ate extra beef but this is the first day I have had insane hunger.
Have you thought about looking into the Alternative Phase 1 protocol? I don't mean using non-IP products, I mean the IP PHase 1 protocol designed for diabetics and people with hypoglycemic issues. It may be worth checking into.
Closed Thread