Old 01-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 229(April 1,2014)/208/150

Height: 5'7

@dsjsmom23 Would you mind sharing which vitamins you can find in liquid form? That seems to be the largest issue for me at the moment. I can manipulate some of the proteins enough where I can eat them and I have decided I can get by with shakes and crisps for my IP product. I have a box of omelet right now that I cant seem to eat at all. I am baffled by the things I can eat and the things I cant eat. My dad had the surgery as well and has been wildly successful. He can eat things that I wouldn't even dream of and vice-versa. I am very optimistic about the IP protocol. I think as soon as I can eat "properly" I may see great results. Super excited!!

@ Brittu: I think the accountability is the best thing for me, too. I can be really good 3-4 days a week, but something about Friday and Saturday leaves me unable to control myself. A box of mac and cheese and a beer? I have no control.....Since I have zero choice on IP (not only cost but the written instructions) I am finding it easier to control my cravings. I just have to change my mentality once I hit the maintenance phase. Good luck with the pre-surgery weight loss!
Noodles1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 190/180/130

Height: 5' 2"

I had a Lap Band put in in April, 2010.... Worked great for me as far as weight loss went, but the acid reflux and acid in my throat made me miserable.
I had a defill in late 2011 to ease the reflux and today I weigh exactly what I did when I had the surgery.
I've only been on IP for a week, but I'm not minding it and I'm not having problems with the band. I would love to have this useless thing out of me, but DH would freak, I'm sure as we had to pay out of pocket.
Jaymie77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #18  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymie77 View Post
I had a Lap Band put in in April, 2010.... Worked great for me as far as weight loss went, but the acid reflux and acid in my throat made me miserable.
I had a defill in late 2011 to ease the reflux and today I weigh exactly what I did when I had the surgery.
I've only been on IP for a week, but I'm not minding it and I'm not having problems with the band. I would love to have this useless thing out of me, but DH would freak, I'm sure as we had to pay out of pocket.
I would love to mine out too, but I am pretty sure insurance wouldn't cover it and I can't shell out for the,surgery out of pocket
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 PM   #19  

So......I finally got into to see my doctor about removing some of my fill and it turns out that there wasn't any fluid in my band! I have a massive hole in the tubing that connects the port and the band (or the tubing has come disconnected). All of my extreme restriction is being attributed to scar tissue. Moral of the story is I can choose to have surgery to replace the tubing that may or may not do the same thing in a few years, or I can have surgery to straight up remove the band. I am opting to remove. Id rather pay once and have one surgery than wonder if its going to break again in the next 7 years. I'm only three weeks in to the IP protocol and I am down 15 pounds and 9.5 inches. I just had my third weigh in this morning before I went to my gastro. I'm pretty bummed because now I have to phase off of the diet in only a week (3 days for phase 3 and then 3 days for phase 3, then on to maintenance until surgery). I really, really dont want to lose the momentum I have built up only to start over in 3 weeks. I hope its no longer than three week....Anyone else had to phase off and restart?
Old 02-04-2014, 08:09 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 244/232/170

Height: 5'10"

I have the LapBand since 2007 and I couldn't tell you how much is in it but it hasn't been filled in years. Hopefully mine hasn't come loose too! But having said that I've never been able to eat certain foods since my band and that hasn't changed on IP. I just break up my protein portions into lunch and dinner because there's no way I can eat 8 oz of protein at any one time. My hardest thing is getting all the foods in now that u feel like I'm eating way more than I did before IP. So spacing out all those meals and vegetables and then trying to get all the water in too! I feel like I'm putting something in my mouth all day long. But at least it's all healthy now!!
Mandy078 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:17 PM   #21  

@Mandy078 I was having to do that as well. I basically ate an egg or two at each meal and didnt really eat solid protein. I couldnt keep anything down that wasnt a soft food. Im a little relieved to be having the band removed so that I can eat an actual piece of meat for the first time in 7 years. Good luck with your spacing! It sounds like you have a nice routine down.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:24 PM   #22  

Location: Frederick Colorado (about 20 miles north of Denver)

S/C/G: 265/see ticker/145

I wish I could get my band out - but I don't want to pay it out of pocket. I don't have much restriction right now but it does rear it's ugly head every now and then, after I lose all the wait and move to maintenance I will go in and see what fluid is in there.
ColoradoCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 08:30 PM   #23  

I really dont know how much the removal will cost. Luckily my doc says they can set up a payment plan if my insurance wont cover it. It didnt cover the initial placement so I was self pay, but I have since changed insurances and jobs, and Im curious if they will approve this since it is no longer an elective procedure. My doc is pretty adamant that he can not let it just sit there. Hes doing surgery one way or another he says, so I will just do my best to find a way to pay.
Old 02-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #24  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Hello bandsters.....Im am happy to see that none of us are alone in this.

I was banded Sept 26, 2010 weighing 248. I lost around 30lbs would lose only when I went in to get fill. Saw no other weightless in-between fills. I got to the point to where nothing would stay down except corn chips! healthy right lol.
Oct 2012 with a few months of not feeling good every day I decided to go in to band Dr and we decided to take all fluid out. I instantly felt better. March 2013 I quit smoking. Thought now that I felt better I would get back on the healthy life. About 2 months after I quit smoking I started gaining weight very quickly. I thought it was due to the band issues. but nope, because I quit smoking it unmasked that I have an over active thyroid! I now started this IP 3 weeks ago tomorrow starting weight at 309. 61lbs heavier then when I had lapband surgery.

Now I am here praying to god that this IP works with my body.
sweetenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 09:05 PM   #25  

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetenuf View Post
Hello bandsters.....Im am happy to see that none of us are alone in this.

I was banded Sept 26, 2010 weighing 248. I lost around 30lbs would lose only when I went in to get fill. Saw no other weightless in-between fills. I got to the point to where nothing would stay down except corn chips! healthy right lol.
Oct 2012 with a few months of not feeling good every day I decided to go in to band Dr and we decided to take all fluid out. I instantly felt better. March 2013 I quit smoking. Thought now that I felt better I would get back on the healthy life. About 2 months after I quit smoking I started gaining weight very quickly. I thought it was due to the band issues. but nope, because I quit smoking it unmasked that I have an over active thyroid! I now started this IP 3 weeks ago tomorrow starting weight at 309. 61lbs heavier then when I had lapband surgery.

Now I am here praying to god that this IP works with my body.
HI! I really believe in the IP protocol. I find that it is the only thing that I have tried so far that leaves me feeling like I can actually work with the program and be successful. Having the band forces me to manipulate my protein intake, but its not really that hard. The hardest part for me is taking the supplements. I found a mini fish oil that I can tolerate and I found some chewable cal-mags to take instead of the IP cal-mags. They DO have 4 carbs/serving so I try to keep my IP foods on the lower carb range. This means I limit my restricted items to a few times/week and chose the shakes with lower counts as well. And no raw veggies for me. Except cucumber. I like that, it just has to be peeled. Good luck!!
Old 02-04-2014, 09:17 PM   #26  
~Learning Everyday~

S/C/G: 310.8/ ticker /175

Height: 5'7''

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrerich View Post
HI! I really believe in the IP protocol. I find that it is the only thing that I have tried so far that leaves me feeling like I can actually work with the program and be successful. Having the band forces me to manipulate my protein intake, but its not really that hard. The hardest part for me is taking the supplements. I found a mini fish oil that I can tolerate and I found some chewable cal-mags to take instead of the IP cal-mags. They DO have 4 carbs/serving so I try to keep my IP foods on the lower carb range. This means I limit my restricted items to a few times/week and chose the shakes with lower counts as well. And no raw veggies for me. Except cucumber. I like that, it just has to be peeled. Good luck!!
Im feeling good...my weigh in is tomorrow. Last Wed, week 2 Im down 12lbs.
I guess because i have no fluid, as long as i pause between them I can take the pills. I just have to eat slow or I will still have food stick.
It was a very rough 2013, I Will Not allow 2014 be anything but better....
thank you for the words of help.
sweetenuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 283/280/150

Height: 5'6"

Default Lap band Ideal Protein

I am in my first week with Ideal Protein. I had Lapband. I'm having a terrible time with diarrhea , is it the vitamins? Please help! Has anyone else had this issue?
Jujubwv1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 03:46 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 226/198/162 (or lower)

I got my band 2006ish? Lost about 45 pounds and then slowly added about 30 back. Not sure how - I was often throwing up everything I ate. My surgeon "retired" suddenly only months after my surgery, and no other surgeon really wanted his orphans. I finally - years later - found one that is really great to work with and he unfilled me and re-filled me and I generally feel much better. However, even with restriction, I never was able to lose large amounts of weight, but I wasn't gaining and that was great. I'm terrified of getting really large - my mom was morbidly obese, my sister has gained and lost 100 pounds twice and recently had bypass, as has one of my nieces. I just don't want to go that route, even though with bypass and super hard dedication, my niece has completely rebuilt her body. Still, so drastic...

IP has been the only weight loss method that has REALLY worked for me. However, I realize, after a "break" that it will take vigilance from now on. I also have to break up my protein most of the time between lunch and dinner. Splitting up my protein also seems to help me feel better during the day. I still have some trouble sometimes with nausea and throwing up, but for a long time, I was basically bulimic, and not by choice. I think it sometimes has to do with hormones and fluid retention. I will say, after starting back up that it is harder the second time. I feel REALLY bad and it's lasting much longer. I WILL persevere. Also need to get thyroid meds adjusted, but that is a constant issue. Still, even through I am a slower loser, IP works. Even if I never hit goal, I am smaller than I have been in years and love being in regular sized clothing. The health benefits are also great.

I'm glad to see there are others in the same boat. I may one day have this band removed, but for now, it at least helps me keep the weight down if not taking it off. The adhesions around the tubing and a protruding port or other issues that I may address, but not sure I want another surgery unless I really have to. I also wish I'd found IP before the band...
momotrips3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2015, 04:03 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 226/198/162 (or lower)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jujubwv1 View Post
I am in my first week with Ideal Protein. I had Lapband. I'm having a terrible time with diarrhea , is it the vitamins? Please help! Has anyone else had this issue?
Could be vitamins. Could be one of the types of protein. Could be one of the sweetners. Could just be change in diet. I have IBS, so that's just life for me. Do they have you taking the Senna tabs? If so, you may want to lay off of those, they make me sick. Also, I know some coaches will tell you to take Mag Citrate - lay off of that until you need it. It comes in really handy if you get "blocked", but not if you don't need it. I had the same problems starting out because I'm sensitive to most things. You can try eliminating things until it stops, or just waiting it out. I just waited it out and I'm usually ok. If I get blocked - mag citrate. I am actually better off with my IBS on IP than on a regular diet. Talk to your coach and see what they say. Keep drinking your water because it helps in the long run.

Good luck!
momotrips3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:43 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 315.8/ 311.6/ 200

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandy078 View Post
I have the LapBand since 2007 and I couldn't tell you how much is in it but it hasn't been filled in years. Hopefully mine hasn't come loose too! But having said that I've never been able to eat certain foods since my band and that hasn't changed on IP. I just break up my protein portions into lunch and dinner because there's no way I can eat 8 oz of protein at any one time. My hardest thing is getting all the foods in now that u feel like I'm eating way more than I did before IP. So spacing out all those meals and vegetables and then trying to get all the water in too! I feel like I'm putting something in my mouth all day long. But at least it's all healthy now!!
Had the lap band done in 2005 weight 323 at the time... Got down to 267 lbs...then I just mess up...stop working out and my diet went out the window. Regained all my weight. I have not been back to check on a fill for years... Like to at least go back and check my condition of the band and if there are any fluid in it... I like to at least seriously try the alt. IP version.

Right now doing low carb and losing slowly.
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote