Closed Thread

Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #46  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolawhodatchick View Post
I have a question about the 100% thread. Is it intended for people who use only official IP products, or are people who follow the protocol with alternative products also the intended target? Depending on what thread I am reading, it seems it could be either. I have always stayed away from posting on the 100% thread (although I sometimes read it) because I don't want to confuse anyone who is looking for 100% true IP product and protocol guidance as I use a blend of about 50% official IP products and 50% alternative products. Anyone want to clarify or give their opinion?
People in the 100% thread follow the sheet. I don't think anyone really cares which product (I use about 75% IP products). From what I've seen, it's about following the IP protocol 100%. I lurked there for my first month or 6-weeks, til I trusted myself enough OP. Lurking w/o talking helped me learn. The best part for me is nobody talking about cheats and nobody b!+€#ing about how hard the plan is. They just DO it & talk about what it takes to get thru.

Last edited by lisa32989; 01-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Lisa and all-

I have a question about the 100% thread. Is it intended for people who use only official IP products, or are people who follow the protocol with alternative products also the intended target? Depending on what thread I am reading, it seems it could be either. I have always stayed away from posting on the 100% thread (although I sometimes read it) because I don't want to confuse anyone who is looking for 100% true IP product and protocol guidance as I use a blend of about 50% official IP products and 50% alternative products. Anyone want to clarify or give their opinion?
I post in the 100% thread because I am 100% OP regardless of if I use alternatives or not. I am sure you are as welcome as everyone else

Last edited by MonicaKolesnik; 01-01-2013 at 02:13 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 182/150/144

Height: 5'2.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa32989 View Post
People in the 100% thread follow the sheet. I don't think anyone really cares which product (I use about 75% IP products). From what I've seen, it's about following the IP protocol 100%. I lurked there for my first month or 6-weeks, til I trusted myself enough OP. Lurking w/o talking helped me learn. The best part for me is nobody talking about cheats and nobody b!+€#ing about how hard the plan is. They just DO it & talk about what it takes to get thru.
OK, thanks, because I always interpreted "following the sheet 100%" to mean official IP as it talks about the packets. I'm a very literal person. Once in college I was telling a friend that I stayed up all night working on a term paper. They asked "what did you do your paper on?" I said "Uhm, regular computer paper..."
Old 01-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #49  

Off to make some of rainbow's She-crab soup! Wish me luck (As in I hope everyone in the house likes it as much as I will!)
Old 01-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 234/231/180

Height: 5' 8"

Quote:
OK, thanks, because I always interpreted "following the sheet 100%" to mean official IP as it talks about the packets. I'm a very literal person. Once in college I was telling a friend that I stayed up all night working on a term paper. They asked "what did you do your paper on?" I said "Uhm, regular computer paper..."
LOL!!!
Old 01-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 325/312/190

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LosingLawyer View Post
Wow. Talk about putting things into perspective! I think everyone should try lifting what they have lost just to see what you were dragging around. If you're new, try lifting how much you have to lose and think about how great it will feel when you are that much lighter!
What a great idea! I've lost about 30 lbs so far, and I DO feel a lot better already. I think if I had to lift 30 lbs, it would really emphasize how far I've come already. I can't imagine being able to lift 100+lbs, yet that's how much I have to lose, so I'm doing that every day! I imagine that I might have muscles under all that fat to make it happen LOL! I can't wait to see them...

Congrats on working out on New Year's Day!!
Old 01-01-2013, 04:37 PM   #52  

Quote:
Happy New Year! Dragged myself out of bed for my weightlifting class this morning, and I feel great. I had a "moment" in class today. We do squats with a barbell. I loaded 25 pounds on each side of the barbell, as usual, so 50 pounds total. Then the barbell goes on my upper back as we do squats. About halfway through the set (which was particularly hard this morning), I realized that I have lost more than twice the amount of weight that was on my back. It was a sobering realization, since it's not exactly easy to lift 50 pounds. After class I loaded 100 pounds on the barbell and lifted that (could barely do it). Wow. Talk about putting things into perspective! I think everyone should try lifting what they have lost just to see what you were dragging around. If you're new, try lifting how much you have to lose and think about how great it will feel when you are that much lighter!
I did the same thing on Saturday! I asked my hubby to get 51 lbs of weight for me. Wow, I couldn't even lift it but I did lift it for many years, too many. Now as I lose, Im going to add that additional weight to the pile and pick it up so I know what I was carrying around. I'm a very visual person!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:23 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

FutureFitChick, I'm sorry to hear about your pup. I have 3 dogs, 1 cat, was headed to vet school at one time, really love animals and so understand your pain. One of my dogs is very ill and every day with her is a gift. She's getting very spoiled at this point. more so than the others.

NewLady, I'm sorry you are dealing with so many critical issues at once. Life can be difficult. It sounds like you are a wise and strong person and have handled the past year well. Sometimes something has to give for us to keep our sanity in the face of adversity and there are worse things than food. What is wise about what you've done is that you are nipping the food issue in the bud and have made your way back here. We are here for you, please stop in every day, we'll be looking to hear from you and will totally support you.

NewEnglander, I also fell away and am back. I did it before, I'll do it again, and this time will make goal. You can do this! We'll do it together!

Fishette, I want to say I'm amazed you are a grandmother - you look so young! I've been meaning to tell you that. Second, now you can swim for 30 minutes, "only 800" meters...you are AMAZING!!

Cadu, Welcome back! I also am back to get this done. Will update my ticker in a day or so. (WELCOME BACK!!)

Happy New year everyone!!

Old 01-01-2013, 05:24 PM   #54  
Choosing with every bite.

S/C/G: 212.5/182/155

Height: 5' 7"

Ooohh! Tried a veggie puree for the first time. Wow. I used the celery, mushroom & garlic as a base for mock split pea soup with some broth made with the ham bone, some lean ham and fresh spinach added just until it wilted. Yum. Thank you LizRR.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:33 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 164/161.8/145

Height: 5'5"

We had a big brunch at our house today. I did all the cooking and truly stayed OP. Well, actually, I'm behind on my veggies and water, but will make up for that at dinner in an hour. But nothing I shouldn't eat passed my lips. Tired and hungry right now, but happy.

Last night we went to dinner with friends and stayed OP too. I did eat half of my IP dinner before I went and then nibbled IP acceptable foods while everyone else indulged fully. I had herbal tea while everyone else had fun holiday drinks. Just kept saying to myself, "there's always next year".

Having gone off program and now back for a reboot, the past 24 hours was a test that was more trying than the first time on IP. Not here to complain, but to say as you well know, in every moment, it's all about what you really want and what you are willing to do to get it. Right now, I'm being so good because I don't like the results of being "bad". It does help that I'm wearing tight jeans and the tightness is a good reminder that I need to stay OP.

Looking forward to making goal in the spring (if not earlier) and supporting every one of you also, as you make your trek.
Chloe

Last edited by Chloe222; 01-01-2013 at 05:36 PM.
Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 PM   #56  

S/C/G: 248.6/231.5/180

Height: 5'4

Congrats on the restart Chloe222 we are glad to have you back and to share in you making it to your goal!!! Congrats for staying OP over the holidays, it does feel good to have the will power to follow through with what we truly want!
Old 01-01-2013, 05:52 PM   #57  
Restart IP 12/26/14

Height: 5' 3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe222 View Post
FutureFitChick, Cadu, Welcome back! I also am back to get this done. Will update my ticker in a day or so. (WELCOME BACK!!)

Happy New year everyone!!

CHLOE!!!!
I am so glad to see you. We will fight our way back together.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 250/225/150

Height: 5'7"

Default Starting IP 1/1/13

Hello All, Starting IP today. Excited and anxious, ready for a lifestyle upgrade!
Old 01-01-2013, 10:13 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 267/159/150

Height: 5"3

Quote:
I think everyone should try lifting what they have lost just to see what you were dragging around. If you're new, try lifting how much you have to lose and think about how great it will feel when you are that much lighter!
What a great idea!! My daughter is about 50lbs and I can barely lift her. Isn't it crazy how long we've walked around with extra weight???
Old 01-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #60  
Fresh start

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimknight View Post
Hello All, Starting IP today. Excited and anxious, ready for a lifestyle upgrade!
Welcome Slimknight! you will find lots of support and encouragement here, we all are in this together
Closed Thread